What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Mac is currently speaking at a presser. Check the usual twitter feeds (Ralphie Report, Adam, CU football, Shap, Will) for quotes, too much to tweet out.

I am a little concerned about how the coaches handle Montez this year. If he cannot get second team reps, that is a problem.
It will be a key thing to watch as the year progresses. If we have opportunities to get him in there for game action, we need to get him in there. The fact that Apsay or Gehrke didn't get hardly any run last year against UMass or Nicholls was ridiculous.

Mo Bandi will be an interesting walkon to watch. Kid has pretty good size and feet. Born in India and played at Niwot, who has become a terrible football program thru the last 10 years. I don't know him, but I know some locals who think he could possibly develop.

Montez absolutely needs to be getting 2nd team snaps. If Sefo gets hurt, Gherke isn't going to win us any games. Get Montez as much action as he can handle. Time for the kid gloves to come off.

What's the meaning behind your spelling of mike's name?
Nothing really. Coach Mac means Bill McCartney to me. Some say HCMM, but that reminds me of how the KjSU people refer to the cryptkeeper. Mac2 sounds dumb to me. I am too lazy to type out McIntyre every time. MikMac is just how I do it. I don't mean anything by it other than to refer to him in shorthand.

Montez absolutely needs to be getting 2nd team snaps. If Sefo gets hurt, Gherke isn't going to win us any games. Get Montez as much action as he can handle. Time for the kid gloves to come off.
Yeah they pulled Gehrke within a half both times he got time for us in real game situations. No way Montez could be worse than that.

Especially if you figure we probably want to redshirt Lytle. We are headed into 2017 with Montez and Noyer. We don't want to go into that year with a QB who has never seen live action.

Pretty sure that's the same depth chart as the one that was released post spring. Just has Falo and Samson moved from TBA back into to depth chart.

It is not just the game action. Going into next year with two QBs that have not had anything more than third teams reps is not good at all either.

Nothing really. Coach Mac means Bill McCartney to me. Some say HCMM, but that reminds me of how the KjSU people refer to the cryptkeeper. Mac2 sounds dumb to me. I am too lazy to type out McIntyre every time. MikMac is just how I do it. I don't mean anything by it other than to refer to him in shorthand.
Gotcha, thought I was missing something clever like haLk, which I never understood until I asked.

Mo Bandi will be an interesting walkon to watch. Kid has pretty good size and feet. Born in India and played at Niwot, who has become a terrible football program thru the last 10 years. I don't know him, but I know some locals who think he could possibly develop.

Would be a huge bonus if he turns out.

The teams that are consistently in the top 10-15 often have a guy or two who was a walk on and wasn't heavily recruited coming out of HS. You can't count on it but getting a couple guys who contribute through your WO program lets you make up for a miss or two in your regular recruiting.

Jeff Thomas, Gerald Thomas, Peyton Williams, Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo, Elijah Dunston. Kennedy wasn't as good of a recruiter in hindsight as most thought..... Not much production in that group of 6!

That is intriguing. Bobo was a very good CB as a senior in high school. We need the depth at DB and have too many juniors at WR on the roster. This is very interesting. Unexpected (at least for me, maybe some of you guys had heard rumblings on this).

Julmisse isn't so unexpected. I liked his Safety film at least as much as his WR/RB film. Really like him as a return guy, too.

Would not be a bad thing at all if both of these moves worked out.

That is intriguing. Bobo was a very good CB as a senior in high school. We need the depth at DB and have too many juniors at WR on the roster. This is very interesting. Unexpected (at least for me, maybe some of you guys had heard rumblings on this).

Julmisse isn't so unexpected. I liked his Safety film at least as much as his WR/RB film. Really like him as a return guy, too.

Would not be a bad thing at all if both of these moves worked out.

Edit: Sounds like it was his idea.

Last edited:
Jeff Thomas, Gerald Thomas, Peyton Williams, Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo, Elijah Dunston. Kennedy wasn't as good of a recruiter in hindsight as most thought..... Not much production in that group of 6!
good "catch"

Last edited:
Lots of plays Bobo has hands like a DB. .

Actually have to give him props. Lot of work changing positions and to one where he doesn't get the fan attention of catching the ball. Definitely being a solid guy and doing what may be best for the team.

That's great news on Bobo. I was thinking he was going to get caught in a numbers game at WR. He obviously thought the same thing. He adds some speed and depth.

For some reason, I thought the plan all along was to have Julmise at DB.

Julmisse will find his best spot. With all the talent headed this way in '17 at WR, I thought we were overloading at WR. I think he sticks at DB.

Back