What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Should probably wait to see how guys like Ross and Walker look in real games before saying WR woes are gone.

Bobo would have to change his number if he's moving to DB with Chido already wearing 4. I thought about starting a new thread for this topic, but then I thought nah.

KO's got some guns. He looks less like a safety and more like a linebacker. Finally. This should make a huge difference.

I thought the reviews on Jan last year were a lot better than expected? Little mac just has to prove it in games.

Brother stopped by the practice for a while. Said Huntley looks the part, could not believe he was a true freshman. Also said Thompson looked "great" at safety. Finally, he was not impressed with any of the backup QBs.

Although we won't really be able to tell, I am very interested in seeing what Chev and Lindgren's in-game chemistry with strategy and play calling will be like.

On one hand, Lindgren has been around the program longer and knows Sefo and the personnel, but has been mediocre to bad through 3 seasons. On the other hand, Chev doesn't have OC experience, but comes from a far more competent offensive situation, and is kind of the swingin dick on the staff right now.

So by excited to see the chemistry, I actually mean I'm anxious.

Although we won't really be able to tell, I am very interested in seeing what Chev and Lindgren's in-game chemistry with strategy and play calling will be like.

On one hand, Lindgren has been around the program longer and knows Sefo and the personnel, but has been mediocre to bad through 3 seasons. On the other hand, Chev doesn't have OC experience, but comes from a far more competent offensive situation, and is kind of the swingin dick on the staff right now.

So by excited to see the chemistry, I actually mean I'm anxious.

First thought is that Chev will be a team player. If M2 wants Lindgren calling the plays the Chev will support Lindgren and do everything he can to help him, and the team, be successful.

Question comes if the O struggles and the pressure starts coming down on Lindgren. When it starts to look like the fans and more importantly the players don't have confidence in Lindgren. How long till the change is made.

Would pretty much guarantee that if Lindgren gets that responsibility pulled he will not be back for next year.

During media day, Chev said that he'd have input on the game plan but that Lingren would be soley responsible for play calling from the booth.

Thanks Mtn!

Sometimes you don't get it Duff.

The post referenced brought up the question of how Chev and Lindgren would work together. Implication there, and legit question, would their be tension, would there be conflict, is Chev looking to take over that job?

In a lot of situations it could get tense or even ugly but I don't think Chev is that type of guy.

And the potential does exist for pressure if Lindgren struggles.

Legit answer without need for snark.

During media day, Chev said that he'd have input on the game plan but that Lingren would be soley responsible for play calling from the booth.
I hope there will be some in-game collaboration so there is no chance of "out smarting ourselves". Jet sweep on the 5 yard line going in is one example that comes to mind.

I hope there will be some in-game collaboration so there is no chance of "out smarting ourselves". Jet sweep on the 5 yard line going in is one example that comes to mind.
Chev said that he believes in having 1 person with play calling responsibility. I think this will be especially important if we are playing an up tempo offense where there is really only time for one person to be in charge of play calling.

Sometimes you don't get it Duff.

The post referenced brought up the question of how Chev and Lindgren would work together. Implication there, and legit question, would their be tension, would there be conflict, is Chev looking to take over that job?

In a lot of situations it could get tense or even ugly but I don't think Chev is that type of guy.

And the potential does exist for pressure if Lindgren struggles.

Legit answer without need for snark.

I get it. I got every implication of that post. Thanks for breaking it down for us simple folk though.

Brother stopped by the practice for a while. Said Huntley looks the part, could not believe he was a true freshman. Also said Thompson looked "great" at safety. Finally, he was not impressed with any of the backup QBs.

Neill Woelk seconds that. Called him the physically most impressive WR he's seen enter the program since Westbrook.

Back