1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Goose, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
  2. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

3. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Word is Rodney Billups has been watching Colorado Academy's Justin Bassey, 6'4" sophomore for the class of 2016. Don't know if we have aprofile on the kid yet. Wyoming and DU have expressed interest.

4. Yung Buffalo

Yung Buffalo Club Member Club Member

Huh, didn't know CA had a basketball team tbh. Looked into it, and CA is the #1 ranked team for 3A. Also found a highlight video.

[video=youtube;jxmvTB_ECm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxmvTB_ECm4[/video]

5. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

King-Stockton went there, if I remember correctly.

6. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

Kid looks pretty good.

7. YngC

YngC Club Member Club Member

Bassey can play. He'll be featured in my 2016 rankings dropping tomorrow.

8. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

Your memory serves you well. My high school team was undefeated against those King-Stockton CA teams. I think he was a grade younger than me.

9. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Yup, Marcus King-Stockton was a year younger than me at CA. Anyways, Bassey is legit 6'4" when I stood next to him yesterday. Plays in Chauncey's AAU system. Decent player and still young, but I was a touch disappointed to see him play. Albeit it was only one game, but he had an off game, got ejected, and relies on what actually is a very nice supporting cast at CA. He's super young though and has a good stroke, handles are marginal, toughness was marginal, needs to finish with the left hand in the lane more, but he has a Pac12 body and is an educated kid.

Talked with some friends and I believe CA is trying go the Valor/Regis route.

10. RollTad21

RollTad21 Club Member Club Member

11. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Couldn't find this young man mentioned anywhere on allbuffs yet, 7'0", 235 lb. center (or power forward?) Jayce Johnson from Santa Monica.

Looks like the Buffs are one of 5 of his final choices. Per http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1580765-jayce-johnson-down-to-five, "Jayce Johnson, a 7-foot, 235-pound big man from Santa Monica (Calif.), has cut his list to California, Colorado, Notre Dame, Stanford and Utah, according to his father, Jay Johnson. "

More info on him-
    http://247sports.com/Player/Jayce-Johnson-34073

12. gone native

gone native Club Member Club Member

Nice effort on the boards and some good kick out passes to the open man. Fingers crossed

13. BuffNative

BuffNative Club Member Club Member

Just read an article about Alpha Diallo in the Denver Post today and didn't see any documented recruiting activity between him and CU. http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...gh-school-basketball-prospect-leaves-colorado. Even though he is leaving the state CU should be interested, the article says he had a really good summer playing with the Colorado Hawks and he fits the long, multi-position, defensive-minded prototype Boyle has recruited in the past.

14. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Looks like a busy month for bball recruiting, with 4 recruits coming to town this month for visits, including 3 big men. Per the link in the below tweet (article linked to has much more good info and highlight video for each player)-
    Trevor Stanback (This weekend)
    Bryce Peters (this weekend)
    Jayce Johnson (weekend of Sept. 19)
    Dontay Bassett (weekend of Sept. 24)

15. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm out of the office for work, but will be setting up profiles for all next week. Sorry guys.

16. KyleM.

KyleM. Recruiting Moderator Club Member

Looks like Diallo blew up. The Hawks tweeted he picked up offers from Miami, Indiana and Florida yesterday.