What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Offensive Line Discussion

Kronsage
sort of disappointed last year but I agree he will get the first shot at tackle. I really hope lyott pushes for the starTing left guard job, he seems a lot quicker than kough.

I hope we have a better option than Kronshage.

Will Lynott, Middlemiss, Kaiser, Miller, or Haigler have made enough of a jump to be pushing incumbents? Kaiser enters his SO year. The rest will be RS-F, with Miller having an extra Spring on the other three.

I predict it will be very competitive out there, which will help things.

You are the one with the connections to the Miller camp. I he finally healthy enough to do the work at the training table and on the weights to fill out that frame of his.

He has always seemed like a great kid on the bad side of the luck. I want to see him be a multi-year starter for us.

You are the one with the connections to the Miller camp. I he finally healthy enough to do the work at the training table and on the weights to fill out that frame of his.

He has always seemed like a great kid on the bad side of the luck. I want to see him be a multi-year starter for us.
He's been full go for a little over a year now, having recovered from a nagging shoulder injury that finally had surgery. He's really taken to the weight room from what I've heard. For those who missed my other post, Isaac was prominently featured in the recent video on the Daily Camera about our new S&C coach. I was personally floored seeing him in that video as I hadn't seen him since last Christmas break. He's 6'7" and looks like a PAC12 football player physique already.

Last edited:
OL is such an interesting position because you could be bigger and stronger and more athletic than your opponent... but if your technique sucks, you could get absolutely bent over by a a skilled defensive player.

When we wonder about their development, we can only really know about guys like Miller and their physical transformations. Dude looked like a boss in that S&C video, but is his technique going to be improved enough to challenge for a spot? Hopefully but we won't really know anything until Spring Ball. If he develops, we could have some more tackle depth as Irwin scares me a little.

I hope Lynott is going to challenge for a spot, but I firmly believe that at his size and skillset we're going to see him as a center, and since Kelley is pretty good I'd like to take the slow build with Timmy and groom him for a starting spot in 2017.
If he can play, why wait?

If he can play, why wait?

If his best position is center, I doubt he plays this year. Even if he's equally talented right now to Kelley he doesn't have the experience and leadership so he wouldn't win the job. Moving him to guard might be fine, but he's a run blocker so conventional wisdom puts him on the right side, where again, he probably won't win the job from Callahan.

Moving him to LG would force him to learn new footwork and new techniques. IMO it makes more sense to keep him at center and have him master it as a backup before taking over. He'd still have three years in one position and at his height, he's not really a great option at guard. He might do alright there in the P12 like Munyer but he could be elite as a center, possibly draftable.

This OL coach and his ridiculous rotation was a complete bust. He should not be allowed to screw up the starting line up again. He was high on Lisella and Kronhsage and tried to play them both at tackle with no success. You normally start a young player at guard and move your larger experienced guys at tackle. But oh no, not this brainiac, they both failed.
Doubt that Lynott would be game worthy by this season. He is also much smaller than any of the lineup we have. But if our OL coach has a crush on him then we will probably see too much of him.

This OL coach and his ridiculous rotation was a complete bust. He should not be allowed to screw up the starting line up again. He was high on Lisella and Kronhsage and tried to play them both at tackle with no success. You normally start a young player at guard and move your larger experienced guys at tackle. But oh no, not this brainiac, they both failed.
Doubt that Lynott would be game worthy by this season. He is also much smaller than any of the lineup we have. But if our OL coach has a crush on him then we will probably see too much of him.
I've heard off-hand comments here/rumors that Bernardi is a guy who plays favorites...which would be fine if his faves were the best players. No idea why this guy is still on staff...ugh.

When we hear how many guys got warrior awards for getting bigger and stronger :p
That is classic HCMM, he loves his Disney Movie Warrior stories. Every beat writer jumps on that and makes most of us gag. I just hope this S&C Coach is the real thing. So sick of the hype.

Never have heard that
I've actually heard that, and I'm about as far from Boulder as you can be in CONUS. Also, I'm not willing to discount it in a knee jerk support the coaching staff sort of way.

I've actually heard that, and I'm about as far from Boulder as you can be in CONUS. Also, I'm not willing to discount it in a knee jerk support the coaching staff sort of way.
Well I personally know 2 guys and I don't buy it!

Last edited:
Surprised you pick Haigler for early impact given he's been at the position for < 1 year. Scoop or gut instincts? I think he has a high ceiling as well fwiw.
A lot of positive coming out of the Haigler camp. With our lack of depth at the tackle position, I guess it could be assumed he would have a good chance to play. He definitely has the size, just not sure he has had enough time to learn all of the technique.

A lot of positive coming out of the Haigler camp. With our lack of depth at the tackle position, I guess it could be assumed he would have a good chance to play. He definitely has the size, just not sure he has had enough time to learn all of the technique.

I think it's sort of the opposite. He knows a lot of the technique and is athletic enough to overcome some deficiencies but he has to put on the weight. It will be interesting to see where him and Miller are at for spring ball.

Holic, the scoop on Haigler is that he is very athletic which was a huge deficiency with the line at the tackle spot last year IMO.

Yeah, could see that athleticism on his film. Great frame as well so I would not be surprised to see him be really good. Takes awhile though so would be surprised if he plays a role in '16 but that would be allsome.

If he's 6'7" and 255, it would be a disservice to put him in. That's almost skinny!

To paraphrase a Pac 12 line coach I respect, "300 #'s and you have earned the right to talk about playing on my line".

If he's 6'7" and 255, it would be a disservice to put him in. That's almost skinny!

To paraphrase a Pac 12 line coach I respect, "300 #'s and you have earned the right to talk about playing on my line".

He was 255 when he came here last June so it will be interesting to see where is he by the spring game and then fall camp.

He is 6'7/255 anymore, I have heard two different people tell me he is the best OL prospect on campus.

Kaiser is a year away, but should be a solid depth guy this year. One of the few guys in the 2014 class who truly looked the part.

I think it's sort of the opposite. He knows a lot of the technique and is athletic enough to overcome some deficiencies but he has to put on the weight. It will be interesting to see where him and Miller are at for spring ball.

Holic, the scoop on Haigler is that he is very athletic which was a huge deficiency with the line at the tackle spot last year IMO.
I think Haigler only played his senior year of high school at tackle (if I remember he was a TE before that). Either way, it sounds like he could be a good one.

Back