What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Depends on if that 6'0" is legit.

Well they are recruiting him as one or the other and since they've already offered, I would imagine they know which position they want him at. I doubt the height is going to change that, especially since they've seen him in person.

New FL offers out to a couple Flanagan HS (Pembroke Pines) stars.

Devin Bush Jr. - hudl
Devin Gil - hudl

[tweet]588395526921433090[/tweet]

Have profiles been made for these two? I didn't even notice until now how highly rated they were and Rivals shows Gil as having "Medium" interest in CU, NC State and Miami (although he's a verbal to Miami since 1/26/15).

Well they are recruiting him as one or the other and since they've already offered, I would imagine they know which position they want him at. I doubt the height is going to change that, especially since they've seen him in person.
May not be a committable offer.

May not be a committable offer.

Would you mind expanding on this? The kid is a 4* prospect with offers from BYU, Oklahoma St, Oregon St, Stanford, Utah and Washington. Plays RB and LB at 230 lbs (clearly moves well enough if he plays RB also) and you're saying our offer may not be committable because his height may not be legit? I don't understand.

Would you mind expanding on this? The kid is a 4* prospect with offers from BYU, Oklahoma St, Oregon St, Stanford, Utah and Washington. Plays RB and LB at 230 lbs (clearly moves well enough if he plays RB also) and you're saying our offer may not be committable because his height may not be legit? I don't understand.
It's because at this stage of the recruiting process HCMM only accepts offers from unrated or high 2/low 3* prospects. Everybody knows this.

It probably is, but the coaches are not looking at ratings or offers. They really like to firm up offers at camps (likely the all-Poly Camp).

He's a 2017 kid. He will not be committing anytime soon. It's good that they threw their name in the hat early.

More offers today (we're really starting to fall behind on profiles):

[tweet]590639038928924672[/tweet]

[tweet]590720243867222017[/tweet]

Awesome^^^ Two prospects with multiple big boy offers each. Strother has an interesting offer list with all those Ivy Leagues.

Silly to assume HCMM doesn't believe in recruiting well.

QB offered today. Seems like our coaches like a lot of the same guys as Mike Riley. Seeing more overlap with Nebraska this year, just as we saw a ton of overlap with Oregon State offers last year.

[tweet]590896856265134082[/tweet]

[tweet]590895251297935362[/tweet]

I can't see the tweet because you didn't close the bracket, but from the embedded number I think it's the tweet from Kyle M. I assume it's this one?

[tweet]590370981488656385[/tweet]

It's a kid named Isaiah Love, CB, out of West Covina, CA

http://sports.yahoo.com/colorado/football/recruiting/player-Isaiah-Love-160699

Kentrell Love has been offered. CB from Centennial HS, Corona CA.

But that looks like a different uniform on his hudl, so we must have doubled down on the Cali love.

[tweet]590949303448768512[/tweet]

hudl: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2172177/kentrell-love

Kentrell Love has been offered. CB from Centennial HS, Corona CA.

But that looks like a different uniform on his hudl, so we must have doubled down on the Cali love.

[tweet]590949303448768512[/tweet]

hudl: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2172177/kentrell-love

Can't really find any recruiting profile on him but if his 6'2" 175 lb frame is accurate, he could be a monster at CB. Loves to hit from the looks of his film and is a very physical CB. Could get up to 200+ and transition to safety possibly. Either way, do you have info on offers he's received? BTW, everyone's favorite asst coach is the only Buff coach following him.

Can't really find any recruiting profile on him but if his 6'2" 175 lb frame is accurate, he could be a monster at CB. Loves to hit from the looks of his film and is a very physical CB. Could get up to 200+ and transition to safety possibly. Either way, do you have info on offers he's received? BTW, everyone's favorite asst coach is the only Buff coach following him.

He just confirmed the offer with his own tweet.

[tweet]590964154090921984[/tweet]

I love the size. And if that 4.53 is legit, he's pretty much a prototype of what this staff looks for at CB.

He just confirmed the offer with his own tweet.

I love the size. And if that 4.53 is legit, he's pretty much a prototype of what this staff looks for at CB.

Yep, just saw that. Another one here but 247 has him as a "Hard Baylor Commit":

[tweet]590962128405729280[/tweet]

Last edited:
[tweet]591029758416191488[/tweet]

Listed as a WR on Rivals, and can seemingly choose his scholarship. Maybe offering to play CB sets us apart a bit? Either way, 6'1" 170 lbs and runs 4.61. Another prototype (maybe a little slower than ideal) for CB here.

4.61, if legit, is plenty fast. NFL caliber. I think we get too hung up on 40 times and the number of bull**** unverified 4.5s that prospects put in their profiles.

4.61, if legit, is plenty fast. NFL caliber. I think we get too hung up on 40 times and the number of bull**** unverified 4.5s that prospects put in their profiles.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing about prospects lowering that time by .02 to get it in the 4.5s but I wouldn't say 4.61 is desired CB speed in the NFL. Either way, he'd be most welcome here.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing about prospects lowering that time by .02 to get it in the 4.5s but I wouldn't say 4.61 is desired CB speed in the NFL. Either way, he'd be most welcome here.

Comes down to the pro shuttle. And, honestly, if he's running a legit 4.61 then he'd be running a low 4.5 after doing months of specific training for the event that they do for the combine & pro days. Hell, Isaiah Oliver lists his 40 time at 4.60 in his hudl profile and he's a world-class track athlete.

Comes down to the pro shuttle. And, honestly, if he's running a legit 4.61 then he'd be running a low 4.5 after doing months of specific training for the event that they do for the combine & pro days. Hell, Isaiah Oliver lists his 40 time at 4.60 in his hudl profile and he's a world-class track athlete.

True. It's nice to see a blazing 40 time as a general barometer of speed an athleticism, but I guess it is somewhat of an overrated metric by itself.

Back