What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB '17 CA Fwd Aubrey Knight (Signed to COLORADO)

Welcome and congrats to her!

Maxpreps has her as a 6'1" forward, and Hudl have her listed as both a small and power forward, and also at 6'1".

A few links I've found so far-

A brief summary report from a club tournament she played in- http://premierbasketballreport.com/news/west-coast-premier-invitational
"
2017 Aubrey Knight Cal Storm Team Taurasi

Knight catches your eye when she takes off for a rebound or to finish at the rim, but the more you watch, the more you appreciate her game. She is all over the floor and this weekend seemed to always be in the right spot to make a play. Her ability to impact the game without having the basketball in her hands was very impressive.
"

Hudl highlight videos (only 2 VERY short videos totalling ~25 seconds so far.)- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3751120/aubrey-knight

Maxpreps stats -
For last (her junior) season - http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aub...ersport/girls-basketball-stats.htm#year=15-16
For her sophomore season - http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aub...VebEWg/gendersport/girls-basketball-stats.htm
Note- last year, looks like she led her team in both scoring (14.6/game), rebounding (8.5/game) and steals (1.4/game), and her team must have been pretty good, as Maxpreps ranked them #20 in California.

Article noting she earned Co-MVP honors for her team's league last season - http://archive.vcstar.com/sports/ve...d8-0e90-2031-e053-0100007f8db1-372984771.html

Per http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/year-83053-team-division.html , was the All-CIF Player of the Year in her school's division (1AA).

ESPN page for her- http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224971/aubrey-knight

They have her as the #73 ranked player nationwide. Unlike Maxpreps and Hudl, they describe her as an off guard. (Assume she'll be more a wing/ small forward, as her rebounding seems VERY strong while, ASSUMING (???) her Maxpreps stats are accurate, she only took one 3 point shot all last season. It does look like she improved her free throw shooting quite a bit already, improving from 64% to 70% from her sophomore to junior seasons.)

(Note- edited this post. Originally said she was the #94 ranked player, but that's her rating score and not ranking.)

Last edited:
I believe she'll be a wing at CU. It seems she's the prospect that has a huge up-side according to our inside source. (y)

Boulder > Bloomington, CU > IU. :)

She took an official visit to IU. Coach T is following her on Twitter, so we probably have him to thank.

Is my recollection correct that there were 7 home visits in 7 states from Sept. 11? I think this makes the 2nd commit.

She took an official visit to IU. Coach T is following her on Twitter, so we probably have him to thank.

Is my recollection correct that there were 7 home visits in 7 states from Sept. 11? I think this makes the 2nd commit.

Knight is the 3rd commit for the new staff with Annika Jank being the first and Hollingshed the second. Jank committed last summer.

CU has several more scholarships to give, but may only use one.

I know Annika Jank committed previously. I thought our source told us about 7 home visits here in September and that it appears we have landed two verbal commitments. A player from Georgia tweeted yesterday about a home visit with JR and Coach T.

I am not really sure about this but I think that "In Home" visits are usually associated with underclassmen, as these usually take place in the September open period which is the first time that staff may have "live" contact with them. This would pertain to mostly 2018 kids at this time. The exact definitions of this type of contact are as bewildering as the rest of the NCAA rules on recruitment, because obviously this is never the real first contact that coaches have with these kids but for all purposes, this is where the real meat and potatoes get put on the table. So, I guess what I am saying is that home visits are not going to equate with this year's commitments but "Official Visits" do. I am looking at at least 3 more serious recruits who have yet to make their official visit to campus and who could still commit to CU for this 2017 class.

Now I know about those earlier numbers, however if somehow we should end up with more than 4, I wouldn't be real concerned, rather I would be really pleased because these kids are really good prospects that could make an impact to build upon. Keep in mind that although everyone seems quite enthused about the new staff, we have not gone through an actual season yet. Many things could change by this time next year.

So far I am really impressed by the overall effort of the new staff, especially in the recruiting area. I think that Aubrey will turn out to be a real fine player for the Buffs and a great addition to the team. She seems to have all the skills necessary to be a really good college player. I love the fact that she was yet another excellent HSVolleyball player, which demonstrates not only her athletic ability but also her understanding of team sport concepts which will be a big help at this level.

So far I am really impressed by the overall effort of the new staff, especially in the recruiting area. I think that Aubrey will turn out to be a real fine player for the Buffs and a great addition to the team. She seems to have all the skills necessary to be a really good college player. I love the fact that she was yet another excellent HSVolleyball player, which demonstrates not only her athletic ability but also her understanding of team sport concepts which will be a big help at this level.

I am also impressed. We did not see things like this happening in previous years during September. I've seen photos of Jenny Roulier Huth (former CU player and assistant coach at UCLA) on home visits.

A player from Georgia tweeted yesterday about a home visit with JR and Coach T.
That player was Cameron Swartz, class of '18. Seems the staff is making the rounds for in-home visits with this class. Will be interesting to see who else tweets a photo with the staff.

I think our source said 7 home visits, if memory serves. Things may have changed since then.

Just reviewing some of the info in this thread. Aubrey sounds like she could be Haley Smith's replacement this fall. She sounds like the same type of player Haley is this year.

She has a 1000 watt smile - on top of being a great player. Every team (both men's and women's) needs players like that.

Last edited:
Just reviewing some of the info in this thread. Aubrey sounds like she could be Haley Smith's replacement this fall. She sounds like the same type of player Haley is this year.

I believe you're onto something. I believe we will see her, Freeman, Q and Lexi handle the shooting guard and small forward positions while Kennedy will handle the PG position. Coach JR seemed to go small a lot late in the season. Burich, Ellis, Jank and Correal will play the center and power forward positions.

Last edited:
Back