What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Offense

I think that's a pretty solid effort. Some guys may not return (normal attrition thru graduation & transfer).

A few notes:
  • Lynott likely sliding in to play C next year (or could be Huckins)
  • Chris Hill graduated, I believe
  • In that OL mix for next year will be some guys who were injured or didn't appear on depth charts (led by Lisella, Kaiser & Miller)

I love Lynott moving to center. If we hold Newman/Polley, going to be a sick line in a few years with Moretti probably playing at LT or RT.

I'm thinking polley might be able to step in a guard next year if he does end up signing here. He would have a ton of experience around him and he already has the size and strength. If he was an early enrollee I would almost guarantee it but since he's not I think he will start rotating in.

I'm thinking polley might be able to step in a guard next year if he does end up signing here. He would have a ton of experience around him and he already has the size and strength. If he was an early enrollee I would almost guarantee it but since he's not I think he will start rotating in.
I look for Moretti to initially compete for PT at whatever position needs him in 2017. I believe his knee will be fine as he injured in June and he has outstanding technique I'm told. He will have all spring to learn the system, and he'll be able to participate at least in non-contact drills this spring, I'd assume.

I wouldn't know an OL technique from DBT's walker, but that's what I hear.

I don't care how good a guy is, the OL takes time to learn. I hope we can redshirt all incoming OL.

I don't care how good a guy is, the OL takes time to learn. I hope we can redshirt all incoming OL.

It seems buff fans want every freshman to start. Our team was successful this season because we finally had starters who were mostly jr's and Sr's.

Now, as to the OL, it wouldn't suprise me if a couple of those freshman are better than what we have on the right side sans lynott who will move to center.

It's a shame the development behind Irwin at LT wasn't better or we couldn't get a Juco there who could start. Having Irwin at LG which I think he is more suited for if he plays professionally would make us really dominant on that side and Kough could fill in the question mark at RG. Appreciate Irwin for playing LT as he is far and away our best option at the most important spot on the line. Kaiser played early on that side. Any chance he makes a push for more playing time in 2017?

To be clear, we are talking about a true freshman starting at one guard spot. Not all that crazy or worrisome IMO.

True but you know the drill, this guy will start, that guy will start. Like I said, the right side needs some serious upgrade.

I am not too worried anymore about having a true freshman or rs freshman starting anymore. I think we are at the point where if that happens we know it is because they came in and performed at the high level expected of a P5 starter with capable backups behind them. Before we were at the point where those kids were playing because those ahead of them were not capable starters.

To be clear, we are talking about a true freshman starting at one guard spot. Not all that crazy or worrisome IMO.
Yeah - think Lynott (who was a stud this year as a RS-Frosh). Lynott had one spring here. Moretti will have the same, and is bigger/stronger than Lynott. I really expect Moretti will be in the mix unless his knee is slower than expected in it's recovery. Newsflash - Moretti doesn't expect to be here 5 years. He's coming in early to compete.

P.S. Normally I'd say OL needs some time in the system. But I give extra credit for kids who have been working with McChesney, especially when they were already starting at a level worthy of tOSU recruit. I've also done the same with Sparaco given he is in program that does not resemble a High School program in the least.

I say there is abour zero chance in hell moretti is stronger than lynott. He will only have about 6 months of hard lifting before camp starts. Even when players are cleared to play from an acl there is still an adjustment period to get back to where they were at.

If everything is the same as 2016 and CU can find a threat down the middle of the field (typically TE), watch out.

As Duff pointed out, not a big deal if a freshman starts or plays. Personally I wouldn't want just anybody playing if not ready, like Lisella or Miller for instance when they came in. I think Moretti , Polley and Newman are more college ready than some guys we've had in awhile.

Winfree is a big deal. Our WRs struggled, imho, on getting open quickly against press coverage.

The other thing I thought they struggled with was on working to the whistle when the QB extended the play. Guys didn't get themselves open enough. Too often ran their routes to completion and then did too much standing around.

Montez is going to extend plays even more than Sefo did. That's an opportunity for explosive plays outside of play design and CU did not capitalize nearly enough on those chances. They are game changers.
With the defense needing time to jell with many new starters this one key ability would have a massive impact in helping the offense score more and taking pressure off of the defense. Scramble drill!!!

Offense will definitely be high octane. Montez has a lot of upside. I hope Moyer and Lytle push him. Also having this guys on the scout team should help the d improve.

As to the Defense hope the Buffs get a couple D lineman that'll knock the chocolate out of the opposing line.

Back