What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Pac 12 South

ahoelsken

This is a total guess on my part. I don't know offhand who is coming back where...here goes

1. USC
2. us
3. UCLA (might flip them with us once we know who their new play caller is)
4. Utah
5. Arizona
6. ASU

love these threads, but aren't they extremely premature? Coaching silly season isn't over yet. Draft declarations have just begun. Recruiting isn't close to done.

love these threads, but aren't they extremely premature? Coaching silly season isn't over yet. Draft declarations have just begun. Recruiting isn't close to done.

Yep, although I do think ASU is going to finish in the basement.

Does Graham even make it though the season next year if they lose a bunch early?

ASU might lose its OC since he spoke with Georgia State about their HC position.

UA lost its recruiting coordinator to Nebraska. Their OL coach rejoined his buddy Jeff Tedford at Frenso State.

UCLA might have a new OC for the third season in a row.

Could we have three new South coaches for the 2018 season?

ASU might lose its OC since he spoke with Georgia State about their HC position.

UA lost its recruiting coordinator to Nebraska. Their OL coach rejoined his buddy Jeff Tedford at Frenso State.

UCLA might have a new OC for the third season in a row.

Could we have three new South coaches for the 2018 season?

UCLA will have its 3rd OC in four seasons (unless they were to re-hire Mazzone, I guess. From what I've heard of his departure, that seems... unlikely).

There could be FOUR new coaches. My understanding is that Whittingham is not well liked at UU; he's had an immense amount of staff churn there, and he probably wouldn't survive a bad season there. That's not good for him considering they graduate a ton of SRs, including 4/5 OL, their #1 TE, WR, and RB, 3 of their top four corners, and 3 of their top four DEs, including the guy who is probably their best defensive player.

UCLA will have its 3rd OC in four seasons (unless they were to re-hire Mazzone, I guess. From what I've heard of his departure, that seems... unlikely).

There could be FOUR new coaches. My understanding is that Whittingham is not well liked at UU; he's had an immense amount of staff churn there, and he probably wouldn't survive a bad season there. That's not good for him considering they graduate a ton of SRs, including 4/5 OL, their #1 TE, WR, and RB, 3 of their top four corners, and 3 of their top four DEs, including the guy who is probably their best defensive player.

Yeah he nearly left Utah for Michigan before they got Mr. Khaki Pants. I wasn't aware that Utah was losing a lot of kids after this season as well. USC is the most obvious favorite for the South next season.

USC is probably the favorite early on, but we get them at home and they should lose some pretty good players. JuJu Smith, Adoree Jackson, and Banner the huge OT are all draft eligible I believe. Darnold should be damn good still, but he has that gunslinger thing going on where he will make some mistakes, we'll just have to capitalize on them.

Utah will be tough assuming Whittingham doesn't dip, but I think we're better than them now and going forward.

The rest of the division looks kinda ****ty next year. UCLA has tons of talent, but who knows if Mora can get it all to work together going forward. Rosen is really good, but also seems like a ****ty leader that is self important. Arizona schools look like **** going forward. Enjoy the bottom of the standings, tools.

Our collective accuracy in predicting our division has been poor each year. The only thing I go on is that USC and UTAH are well led. UCLA, UA, ASU are not.

UCLA has OC and deep leadership issues.
aZ schools have DC and QB issues although AZ at least has shown they are making positive changes on D. But RichRod is too douchy to lead.

Slider has this correct.

Last edited:
Our collective accuracy in predicting our division has been poor each year. The only thing I go on is that USC and UTAH are well led. UCLA, UA, ASU are not.

UCLA has OC and deep leadership issues.
aZ schools have DC and QB issues although AZ at least has shown they are making positive changes on D. But RichRod is too douchy to lead.

Slider has this correct.
fify

I'll worry about every game we play and convince myself we have a good chance of losing.

Who would have predicted we would win the south this year?

Nobody.

So, while on the surface USC seems like the obvious choice to win the south, I'll refrain from making any predictions. Too much can happen.

I'll say this, though: watch out for Oregon State next year. They remind me a lot of what we looked like in 2015. We have to go there next season and that game is far from a gimme.

Blake Barnett did sign with ASU. He's a big upgrade over anything theyve got at QB right now
Based on...? The real problem with ASU is they don't have an O-Line, and Barnett is basically a statue in the pocket.

ASU is hot garbage right now. Every game I've seen them play they've looked absolutely horrible. I don't know if Graham has it in him to improve that defense.

Who would have predicted we would win the south this year?

Nobody.

So, while on the surface USC seems like the obvious choice to win the south, I'll refrain from making any predictions. Too much can happen.

I'll say this, though: watch out for Oregon State next year. They remind me a lot of what we looked like in 2015. We have to go there next season and that game is far from a gimme.

USC does lose some serious front-line talent. Most of the predictions are based on QB, them being USC and, I suppose, that they've got a full roster again. I do think they'll be good but I think there are some questions about their depth in the trenches especially.

USC does lose some serious front-line talent. Most of the predictions are based on QB, them being USC and, I suppose, that they've got a full roster again. I do think they'll be good but I think there are some questions about their depth in the trenches especially.
Wasn't that USC's biggest question mark going into this year, too (trenches)? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I feel like that was the case, and it seemed to work out fine for them, save for early in the season.

Wasn't that USC's biggest question mark going into this year, too (trenches)? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I feel like that was the case, and it seemed to work out fine for them, save for early in the season.

Sure. But Wheeler & Banner are some serious losses to replace as bookends of the OL, for example. Don't care how well you recruit, you can't just plug in guys who will be as good as a couple RS-Seniors like that (especially that kind of experience & talent at 6'7" and 6'9").

I think they were projected to have a great offensive line but yes they were supposed to struggle on the defensive line and they did early in the season until after the Utah game.

We have far more questions than USC. Not to mention JuJu said he's returning on Snapchat, which brings in a real possibility Adoree stays. They'll be scary, I hope we will be too.

We have far more questions than USC. Not to mention JuJu said he's returning on Snapchat, which brings in a real possibility Adoree stays. They'll be scary, I hope we will be too.
Didn't the USC reporters come out and say the JuJu thing was a joke and he is still likely leaving?

Didn't the USC reporters come out and say the JuJu thing was a joke and he is still likely leaving?
Ah, I missed that, that would be good to hear. I think those two as leaders with their sights on a Nat'l title would make them much tougher.

Back