What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Pac-12 Tournament/New T-Mobile Arena

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
Thought some folks might like to see the tournament's new home. Sits 18,500 for basketball.

It is beautiful.

Cev24JlWEAA2XO2.jpg:large

Look at that Video board...
CewyawOXEAAFV_J.jpg

CewydaCWEAANCWq.jpg

Club Towers (there are 2 of them?!?)

CeumPxnXEAAajdM.jpg

Doesn't look like there is going to be a bad seat in the venue

new-t-mobile-arena-las-vegas-seating-chart-08-view-section-row-seat-basketball-arena-stadium-panorama-box-tower-club-best-section-high-resolution.jpg

Rarely do you see a design so complex and artistic come to fruition the way this one has. Can't wait to check it out next March.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-30_9-42-41.jpeg
    upload_2016-3-30_9-42-41.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
Populous have a good thing going on. Always pushing the envelope.

Populous have a good thing going on. Always pushing the envelope.

Populous and Mortenson have formed a pretty good team and by doing so have secured themselves financially in the future. If I were a franchise owner looking to upgrade/build a stadium, they would be #1 on my list.

Populous and Mortenson have formed a pretty good team and by doing so have secured themselves financially in the future. If I were a franchise owner looking to upgrade/build a stadium, they would be #1 on my list.
WTF? Does this mean you're NOT????? Am I ever disappointed!

I think the MGM will turn out to be missed due to the ease of getting from your room to the arena. T-Mobile should be better from a watching basketball perspective though.
I really like the uniqueness of the MGM, being so close to many things like the alumni pregame, multiple hotels ,etc. I also LOVED being able to bring in your own drink, and being able to exit / re-enter at will. No guarantees, but I don't see a stand alone arena allowing those things.

The other problem I see is them sticking those of us unwilling to spend $500 per session up in the 14th tier, with telescope rentals available to actually see the game.

FWIW, I wish it was staying at the MGM.

I really like the uniqueness of the MGM, being so close to many things like the alumni pregame, multiple hotels ,etc. I also LOVED being able to bring in your own drink, and being able to exit / re-enter at will. No guarantees, but I don't see a stand alone arena allowing those things.

The other problem I see is them sticking those of us unwilling to spend $500 per session up in the 14th tier, with telescope rentals available to actually see the game.

FWIW, I wish it was staying at the MGM.

Let me address at least a couple of those.

1) I am sure with your ticket you will be able to enter and leave at will. You can do that at Folsom. You can do that at Coors Field. Probably have to get the ticket rescanned is all.

2) This stadium is directly behind the NYNY, so it is still very close to hotels. (NYNY, MonteCarlo, MGM, Excalibur, Tropicana, etc.)

3) Have to see about the drink thing. Could take it or leave it personally.

I love the MGM, but the garden arena was just a little awkward for basketball IMO.

Anyone think the MGM is better?
I think that I'm going to miss the unique camaraderie that the MGM brought to the table. Having everything under one roof was cool. Riding the elevator up to your room with people from every school in the conference was fun. Waiting in line for check-in and having long conversations with Arizona and Washington fans about college basketball was great. My guess is that there won't be that centralized hotel that everybody stays in anymore. People will end up at NY-NY, Excalibur, Monte Carlo, Tropicana, MGM, and some of the other south-strip hotels because there isn't that incentive to be in the hotel that the tournament is happening in. I'll definitely miss being able to bring drinks in, and being able to make a run back to my room to reload on Red Bull-Vodka on the cheap at halftime of each game. I think the whole thing brought the fans of the member schools of the conference into a tighter knit family.

The new stadium looks cool, but I'm guessing we're all going to look back on the time at the MGM Grand Garden Arena as the glory years of the Pac-12 tournament. I'll be interested to see where they opt to sell ticket blocks to the schools next year, and how much of a price increase they are going to apply with the move. If they crank up the prices by $150/book and put all of the school blocks in the upper level, then I'll probably end up spending my vacation time and money elsewhere, sadly.

Yeah I'm in agreement with most everyone here. MGM was special. Obviously, the T-Mo will be a nicer arena but that's all. Even if tix are more expensive at first, the secondary market should be fairly cheap. They had trouble filling a much smaller arena for most games. Still, I'm not as excited to go as before. It will solely depend on team performance now.

I think this year you will see a bunch of fans at the NYNY due to the Monte Carlo being renovated this year. After that, probably a pretty even split between the two. The new "Park" is going to be what makes or breaks the tournament IMO. How they use that outdoor space will be vital.

With all the cabs lined up outside every hotel, do not be surprised if the crowds are much more dispersed than the two semi-nice hotels that are within marginal walking distance...

With all the cabs lined up outside every hotel, do not be surprised if the crowds are much more dispersed than the two semi-nice hotels that are within marginal walking distance...
Marginal walking distance? The Arena is as far from the lobby of the NYNY and Monte Carlo as the Garden Arena is from the lobby of the MGM.

Vegas Aerial.JPG

Last edited:
First off, nice thread.
Let me address at least a couple of those.

1) I am sure with your ticket you will be able to enter and leave at will. You can do that at Folsom. You can do that at Coors Field. Probably have to get the ticket rescanned is all.

You're making a big assumption here. Colors and Folsom are exceptions to the rule. That's what was cool about having an arena in a hotel. It's unique and doesn't necessarily conform to the typical rules. Out of the hundreds (no hyperbole) of arenas and stadiums I've been to, there weren't many that allowed re-entry.

I've had March meetings at Monte Carlo a few years running. Two of the years recently were same time as Pac12 Tourn.
The walk from Monte Carlo was a breeze to MGM Garden arena.
Obviously now it's across the street from TMobile.
Fans can stay at Monte Carlo, MGM, NYNY, Mandarin, Aria, Aria's Twin and all be VERY close to the new arena and games.
As for tournament ticket prices going up, I anticipate that. But like someone above said, they won't sell out and the secondary market should be more reasonably priced.

Back