What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Recruit Profile Index

Anyone got a good scholarship count? We list 24 at the top of this page with Moretti added, including last year's GS.

Early Enrollees"
Hamilton?
Sparaco
Moretti?
Lewis?
Lytle?
Did I hear Jackson?

That would leave 18-19 counting against 2017, so 6-7 more spots?

Anyone got a good scholarship count? We list 24 at the top of this page with Moretti added, including last year's GS.

Early Enrollees"
Hamilton?
Sparaco
Moretti?
Lewis?
Lytle?
Did I hear Jackson?

That would leave 18-19 counting against 2017, so 6-7 more spots?
It looks like the only number that matters for next year is 85. With the EE's, I don't think 25 will be a problem. It's just a matter of attrition and how many scholarships will be available.

It looks like the only number that matters for next year is 85. With the EE's, I don't think 25 will be a problem. It's just a matter of attrition and how many scholarships will be available.
Where we at w/ respect to 85?

If this thread OP is up to date, it states we have 22 Seniors and 84 total at the moment, so that is room for 23 newcomers total. That assumes Irwin doesn't come back and that White doesn't return to school. That would bring it down to 21 spots.

Throw in a few for attrition and I'm not seeing "up to 30" that I've seen discussed.

Last edited:
Where we at w/ respect to 85?

If this thread OP is up to date, it states we have 22 Seniors and 84 total at the moment, so that is room for 23 newcomers total. That assumes Irwin doesn't come back and that White doesn't return to school. That would bring it down to 21 spots.

Throw in a few for attrition and I'm not seeing "up to 30" that I've seen discussed.
That sounds close to me. With EE's and GS's, we could get to 30 pretty easy, but I'm not sure there's that much room. I'd guess we see 4-5 more commits, probably have someone decommit, while the staff is probably having conversations to see if they can get someone to GS, if needed.

Yeah - I see 4-5 more. Don't feel like they will do a lot of GS in this class unless they end up with some guys that they just have to take, in which case I could see a few of our current commits being asked to take a semester delay.

If you take too many this year, you **** up class balance, yeah? Depending of course on how many are JCs.

If you take too many this year, you **** up class balance, yeah? Depending of course on how many are JCs.
It's a good problem to have, but most of the remaining kids are must-takes and you throw class balance out the window. Kids like Falo, Daniels, Edwards and Ellis aren't the kind you turn down .

It's a good problem to have, but most of the remaining kids are must-takes and you throw class balance out the window. Kids like Falo, Daniels, Edwards and Ellis aren't the kind you turn down .
Seems to me that the guys you listed all are at positions that would contribute to class balance, not hurt it.

Seems to me that the guys you listed all are at positions that would contribute to class balance, not hurt it.
I'm just talking overall numbers if the class approaches 30. DT and TE are definite needs.

I'm hoping that one or two of the additions are JCs which won't hurt our class balance.

We could absolutely use the added maturity of a JC at NT and at DB.

Anyone know what the story is on QB Judd Erickson? He led the state in passing, and ESPN has him as an 80 grade (4 star) recruit. But he has no college offers from what I could find. Is the thought that he'll play lacrosse in college?

Anyone know what the story is on QB Judd Erickson? He led the state in passing, and ESPN has him as an 80 grade (4 star) recruit. But he has no college offers from what I could find. Is the thought that he'll play lacrosse in college?

He is one of my kids very good friends and is playing on the Mountain Vista bball team right now. As you pointed out, he is also a very good lacrosse player as well. Just a gifted overall athlete. Also the son of Kent Erickson who ran the video group for the Broncos before McHoodie fired him and brought in the cheating vid team.

Back to Jud. He is big and athletic but I do not think he grades anywhere near a 4* QB based on what I saw this year (I saw most of the MV home games). MV was an ok team and he was limited with the offense weapons around him but accuracy was an issue. Also pretty mobile and was effective with the read option. My guess is that if he plays at the next level he will be at a smaller school. Just my $0.02 from watching him play this year

Back