What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

I thought we had more #'s coming this weekend than we had at the OSU game. Thought I read that we had a number of unofficials coming this weekend too. Regardless, it's been a long time coming.
Seems like this weekend has more uncommitted visitors. Oregon state game seemingly had more visitors but they were mostly already committed to us.

Is there an official list of visitors?

Official? No.

Publicly available one from Howell which has 1 mistake on it of the people who are coming and doesn't list everyone. But it's pretty damn close. http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-bl...-recruiting-big-weekend-visitors-and-catching

• RB Alex Fontenot, George Ranch HS (Richmond, Tex.), Scout.com: 3 stars
  • WR Laviska Shenault, DeSoto HS (DeSoto, Tex.), Scout: 4 stars
  • OL William Sherman, Allen HS (Allen, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars
  • LB/TE Kyrei Fisher, Union HS (Tulsa, OK), Scout: 3 stars - Minnesota commit
  • OL Xavier Newman, DeSoto HS (DeSoto, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars - Texas commit
  • DB Trajon Cotton, Inderkum HS (Sacramento, Calif.), Scout: 3 stars
  • TE Josh Falo, Inderkum HS (Sacramento, Calif.), Scout: 4 stars
  • OLB Dimitri Moore, Cedar Hill HS (Cedar Hill, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars
  • ATH KD Nixon, DeSoto HS (DeSoto, Tex.), Scout: 4 stars
  • RB Kaegun Williams, Cedar Hill HS (Cedar Hill, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars

Official? No.

Publicly available one from Howell which has 1 mistake on it of the people who are coming and doesn't list everyone. But it's pretty damn close. http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-bl...-recruiting-big-weekend-visitors-and-catching

• RB Alex Fontenot, George Ranch HS (Richmond, Tex.), Scout.com: 3 stars
  • WR Laviska Shenault, DeSoto HS (DeSoto, Tex.), Scout: 4 stars
  • OL William Sherman, Allen HS (Allen, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars
  • LB/TE Kyrei Fisher, Union HS (Tulsa, OK), Scout: 3 stars - Minnesota commit
  • OL Xavier Newman, DeSoto HS (DeSoto, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars - Texas commit
  • DB Trajon Cotton, Inderkum HS (Sacramento, Calif.), Scout: 3 stars
  • TE Josh Falo, Inderkum HS (Sacramento, Calif.), Scout: 4 stars
  • OLB Dimitri Moore, Cedar Hill HS (Cedar Hill, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars
  • ATH KD Nixon, DeSoto HS (DeSoto, Tex.), Scout: 4 stars
  • RB Kaegun Williams, Cedar Hill HS (Cedar Hill, Tex.), Scout: 3 stars

Thanks nik!

A long shot, but KD, Falo, Cotton and Moore deciding to give verbals after this weekend would be game changing.

RrVzUOXldFe8M.gif

Just out of curiosity, how important is it to get a win on big recruiting weekends like this, historically speaking? I mean, obviously it's important, and you're more likely to get more commits on a weekend you get a win, but is it crippling to lose? Or is it more important that they bond, they enjoy the trip, the weather is good, facilities, etc? I guess this is probably more for @BuffStampede and @KyleM. more than anyone. I just foresee AllBuffs in a major panic if we lose, and was curious if it was warranted.

I'd say it's pretty important to win and look damn good doing it. Just my 2 cents. College football and momentum are huge.

Just out of curiosity, how important is it to get a win on big recruiting weekends like this, historically speaking? I mean, obviously it's important, and you're more likely to get more commits on a weekend you get a win, but is it crippling to lose? Or is it more important that they bond, they enjoy the trip, the weather is good, facilities, etc? I guess this is probably more for @BuffStampede and @KyleM. more than anyone. I just foresee AllBuffs in a major panic if we lose, and was curious if it was warranted.

I think the most underrated factor in college recruiting is the influence of the current players on the team.

If the HS kids see them having a great time, see them as a tight group that gets along and that has fun together then it's a lot easier to convince them that spending 4 years at your school is a good decision. Obviously that is much easier to do when the team is winning.

I think most of us thought this could happen if we showed success on the field. But I'm not sure any of us foresaw the magnitude of success we've seen on the field and how that would affect fan support and how that would all translate to recruiting.

So, for Rivals at least, now that we are at 20 won't we get a bigger bump for new 3's and 4's since they will replace the 2's? I happen to care about ratings. Much more than I did a year ago, haha.

Is there another state in which CU has invested as much recruiting energy for as little return as Nevada?

This is again a year that we get visits, lots of positive response, and then they either go to aCaifornia school or go further east.

I'm glad the staff is trying but would the effort be better spent elsewhere?

Is there another state in which CU has invested as much recruiting energy for as little return as Nevada?

This is again a year that we get visits, lots of positive response, and then they either go to aCaifornia school or go further east.

I'm glad the staff is trying but would the effort be better spent elsewhere?
Bishop Gorman players strike me as the type that tend to go to a more flashy school (and you can see this holds true), generally a type that reminds them of BG like how Martell kept repeatedly bringing up how much he liked that Ohio State was ran so professionally and reminded him of Gorman. Not sure if it's the same for Rogers being at Arbor View but you get my point. So yeah I think it's a bit of a wasted effort.

Bishop Gorman players strike me as the type that tend to go to a more flashy school (and you can see this holds true), generally a type that reminds them of BG like how Martell kept repeatedly bringing up how much he liked that Ohio State was ran so professionally and reminded him of Gorman. Not sure if it's the same for Rogers being at Arbor View but you get my point. So yeah I think it's a bit of a wasted effort.

Yeah, but it's a growing state with a lot of talent concentrated in a small area. I've got no argument against stopping in Vegas to visit the 2 or 3 high schools with D1 talent each year.

Back