What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 WBB Recruit Profile Index

Good job Goose! It's so much easier to chart the progress with that board up to date.
I think that, considering the disaster of a last season and the fact that there was a coaching change, things are not looking all that bad right now. Most programs would have lost a few players to transfer and taken at least a year to get their feet on the ground in the recruiting process. While there are no blue chip recruits, so to speak, there are players whose games are on the upswing and could really become solid contributors. Blue chippers look real nice on paper and make nice copy for the recruiting programs like Prospect Nation and HoopGurlz but they don't always translate into successful programs. Women's BB, on the D1 level, is all about role players and blue chip HS players don't usually translate easily into role players,
Time will tell but I think that the JR staff are going to open up some eyes around here and around the PAC 12. I'm in a real positive mood today, tomorrow might be different....hehe.

After watching Media Day, I think the players are more relaxed and happy about a coaching change. JR is so upbeat and that is contagious. No, they won't win the Pac 12 this year, but I also think they will finish better than 11th. That prediction gave them a new goal and I am sure the challenge was accepted.

After watching Media Day, I think the players are more relaxed and happy about a coaching change. JR is so upbeat and that is contagious. No, they won't win the Pac 12 this year, but I also think they will finish better than 11th. That prediction gave them a new goal and I am sure the challenge was accepted.

If they defend, take care of the ball and rebound (i.e., play with intensity & focus), this will be a winning season. There are some holes, but there is enough talent to beat most teams on the schedule.

I like the interactions I am seeing from a distance. Players seem to have bought in to the coaching staff. Must cut down on turnovers, defend and rebound. Also need to have better shot selection and make free throws. Everybody will have to accept their role. I think the players will do this judging by player comments after JR was hired and comments made yesterday.

Good job Goose! It's so much easier to chart the progress with that board up to date.
I think that, considering the disaster of a last season and the fact that there was a coaching change, things are not looking all that bad right now. Most programs would have lost a few players to transfer and taken at least a year to get their feet on the ground in the recruiting process. While there are no blue chip recruits, so to speak, there are players whose games are on the upswing and could really become solid contributors. Blue chippers look real nice on paper and make nice copy for the recruiting programs like Prospect Nation and HoopGurlz but they don't always translate into successful programs. Women's BB, on the D1 level, is all about role players and blue chip HS players don't usually translate easily into role players,
Time will tell but I think that the JR staff are going to open up some eyes around here and around the PAC 12. I'm in a real positive mood today, tomorrow might be different....hehe.

I think we need to build piece by piece. I think the 16 class brought us a 4 (Jones) that could start for 3-4 years if she redshirted this year. Knight from the 17 class could be our 3 for 3-4 years. If we can land Schwartz in 18 with Robinson, that could be our backcourt once Kennedy and Robinson leaves. Need to develop a post though. Can't afford to miss too much on the evaluations either and I don't think this staff will.

Jank and Knight have signed. Article says they expect to announce another tomorrow. That is only 3.

Yeh, there seems to be a sudden silence on our Colorado recruit. The Friday signing is in Texas.

Mya Hollingshead has signed. Article on cubuffs.com makes it sound like this is the fall class.

Looks like WBB may have gotten a late signee for this upcoming season?

(Note- There is someone showing up with her name (Sara Castro Marrero) in the Colorado.edu student search.)

If so, WELCOME to her!

Looks like the young woman is from the Canary Islands- http://www.cbislascanarias.com/es/equipo_lf/58/sara_castro_marrero.html (1.78 meters seems to equal approximately 5'10". Not sure what "Base" position in Spanish translates to- assume MAYBE point guard? (EDIT- per https://www.thoughtco.com/english-spanish-basketball-glossary-3079950, Base IS point guard.) With the listed birth date, she's not even 18 yet, so assume she will be a freshman.?.)

(Note- The Youtube description has her at 1.73 meters, or ~5'8".)

Last edited:
Looks like WBB may have gotten a late signee for this upcoming season?

(Note- There is someone showing up with her name (Sara Castro Marrero) in the Colorado.edu student search.)

If so, WELCOME to her!

Looks like the young woman is from the Canary Islands- http://www.cbislascanarias.com/es/equipo_lf/58/sara_castro_marrero.html (1.78 meters seems to equal approximately 5'10". Not sure what "Base" position in Spanish translates to- assume MAYBE point guard? (EDIT- per https://www.thoughtco.com/english-spanish-basketball-glossary-3079950, Base IS point guard.) With the listed birth date, she's not even 18 yet, so assume she will be a freshman.?.)

(Note- The Youtube description has her at 1.73 meters, or ~5'8".)

Great find!

Can anyone look up a student in the directory? If so, can you please provide the link?

It is open to anyone. Here's the link for a student search- http://www.colorado.edu/gsearch/students

(As you can see when you go to that link, that page also has a drop down menu which allows for a change in search parameter so you can look for just for faculty/ staff instead of students, search for everyone in the directory (faculty/ staff and students), or just do a general search of the complete colorado.edu site.)

It is open to anyone. Here's the link for a student search- http://www.colorado.edu/gsearch/students

(As you can see when you go to that link, that page also has a drop down menu which allows for a change in search parameter so you can look for just for faculty/ staff instead of students, search for everyone in the directory (faculty/ staff and students), or just do a general search of the complete colorado.edu site.)
Yep. I use that a lot in January with the football grayshirts, early enrollees and JUCO transfers to make sure they made it to campus.

How would that work? I assume, since Jen is playing on it, that team is a professional team. But wouldn't that preclude Sara playing in the NCAA??
Man, don't hold me to this because I am not real sure how that whole thing works overseas but.....I think that each team has a junior team(non-pro) that usually consists of under 19s and those kids can play with the Senior team, and not get paid. From the pages that I usually look at it is hard to tell if this young lady ever played on the Senior team but, nonetheless, I am sure that Jen would know her, even though I think Jen was only over there for 2 months.

She is very young. I don't know the ins and outs for overseas players either--except it's tougher for them to get the NCAA approval and they need that to get a student visa. Think Tad has that issue going on now.

Thinking of the long term with Castro and CU recruiting, my hypothesis is that she is being looked at as the point guard of the future post Kennedy. If that's the case, then the class of '18 doesn't need to include a one and thus at this point there will be an emphasis on the recruiting a forward and post player.

Well, still no official announcement about this new Freshie but this young lady on JR's right could be her. Maybe she is in the "Sanctuary Program" and we are hiding her from ICE. With all these new players between transfers and freshies, maybe Ms. Freeman could team up with Jeremy and do some intro interviews to introduce them to the fans before we get too far into the season.

On Facebook, everyone in the photo was identified except Mya Hollingshed. That is Sara Castro on JR's right.

Castro is listed as a freshmen so the time spent on the team with Jen Reese apparently didn't go against her.

Back