What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

25k Season Tickets Goal for 2011

Will we reach 25,000 season tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters
What do the students have? 15K? When you factor in the 4K visitors, that only leaves like 10K in single game tickets available. That's not a lot.

Got over a month to push this, too.

With a good season, we could be looking at 30k for 2012. My opinion is that once we hit 90% capacity for season tickets + student tickets, then it's time to talk expansion. That means we'd need to get our season ticket base to 35k. I think that's a very reasonable 5 year plan.

Got over a month to push this, too.

With a good season, we could be looking at 30k for 2012. My opinion is that once we hit 90% capacity for season tickets + student tickets, then it's time to talk expansion. That means we'd need to get our season ticket base to 35k. I think that's a very reasonable 5 year plan.

30k is extremely aggressive. Not that I mind the homerism, but has cu ever had 30k season tix holders? You are talking about a 33% increase in 2 years.... That's pretty insane, even at discounted prices.

30k is extremely aggressive. Not that I mind the homerism, but has cu ever had 30k season tix holders? You are talking about a 33% increase in 2 years.... That's pretty insane, even at discounted prices.

Increasing any business by 33% over a 2 year period when you're relaunching a tired old brand that had been run into the ground to the point it was only purchased by loyalists but was recently picked up by a much stronger distributor isn't exactly blowing the numbers out. Especially since the 5k we look like we'll pick up for this year (25% increase) are the early adopters who responded to the rebranding. The 5k (20% increase) I am hoping for next year was with the caveat of "following a good season" since that would get the fence sitters who are waiting to see if all the changes and promises actually result in a better product that others like. The 5k for this year was actually the more difficult number of a 2-year plan, assuming that Embree delivers a winner.

Hold on there pardner. I'd suspect a very big portion of that increase is the result of folks buying the $130 season ticket package. Before there's any serious talk of expansion, they'll want to bump those prices up a bit.

Still if they can sell 30K+ in season tickets in a 54K stadium, they're doing pretty well. I am looking forward to the day when Folsom holds (and fills) 80K. It probably won't happen in my lifetime, but I'd love to see it. 80K is the magic number. Put 80,000 people in the stands and you're out-drawing the Broncos. That will get the media on your side.

Hold on there pardner. I'd suspect a very big portion of that increase is the result of folks buying the $130 season ticket package. Before there's any serious talk of expansion, they'll want to bump those prices up a bit.

Still if they can sell 30K+ in season tickets in a 54K stadium, they're doing pretty well. I am looking forward to the day when Folsom holds (and fills) 80K. It probably won't happen in my lifetime, but I'd love to see it. 80K is the magic number. Put 80,000 people in the stands and you're out-drawing the Broncos. That will get the media on your side.

A lot does depend on price. Extra home game next year will cause an increase, too. Hopefully we don't suffer much attrition. Winning season should deliver that, too.

It looks like athletic director Mike Bohn and his crew are going to hit their mark of 25,000 season tickets.

Bohn set that number as the department's goal back in the spring and as of Saturday evening, the school had sold 24,512 season tickets. With nearly a month still remaining before the home opener against California, 25,000 is very reachable.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_18681948

Back