1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd half Ralphie run

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by wsp4820, Oct 19, 2008.

1. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm too lazy to look. But, why doesn't the team come out with Ralphie for the second half anymore. Much less energizing this way.

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Maybe they are worried that they can't control her as good as they need to?

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

If that is the case, why does the team run out behind her in the 1st half? I don't understand what is different in the second half that makes her run separately from the team when they run together in the first half.

4. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

:wow:I guess the first half run wears her out.:rolleyes:

5. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I think it is funny how fast they turn her now-- they used to let IV run close to the COLORADO endzone and the handlers all ran with her. Now they have a half dozen handlers spaced around the end of the field, so they can start herding her into the turn right after the CU logo midfield. I think it is because they can't run fast enough to keep up if she runs al the way to the endzone and back to the trailer. I think the turn slows her down some and the early turn keeps her from hitting full speed on the two straight streches.:lol:

6. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: I would love to see what she can do with no constraints. There must be some video of her running unconstrained. Especially would like to see her run with others running near her. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look?

7. Buffman

Buffman Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIm3LDjswI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIm3LDjswI&feature=related[/ame]

MSBuff likes this.
  8. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

:lol:Thanks Buffman:thumbsup:

Hope she has not hurt anyone during her training.

9. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Yesterday before the game started the KSU captains and kicker/punter/holder/snapper came out really early.

I turned to my buddy and said, "apparently they didn't get the memo." He asked me what I meant, and I told him, "that a live ****ing buffalo was about to run out onto the field..." That was the first time I have seen any visitors come out that early before ralphie.

You could see one of the intern run over to tell them to get off of the field. The moved to the sideline and as Ralphie made her turn they moved from the front of the sideline to all the way back to the benches of their sideline (smartly). Idiots.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  10. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Run Ralphie Run!

Best mascot in college football. Hands down!

11. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

The same thing happened at the Texass game.

12. AustinTxBuff

AustinTxBuff Well-Known Member

She's all class. If you notice at the beginning of the video, after she gores and steps on one of the runners, she turns around to make sure he's alright.

4DemBuffs likes this.
  13. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

with Raphie IV the runners ran in boos and jeans.... with Ralphie V they run in shorts and running shoes.... she should run before the start of both halves!!! She did 2 weeks ago for the Texas game.....

14. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

She runs at the start of both halves, but the team is not behind her at the start of the 2nd. She runs alone with the cheerleaders following her.