What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd week in a row Greg Brown laughing it up while we get our ass kicked

We need a lot more speed in the secondary.

Oh, and players that look for the ****ing ball when it is in the air. I know we are playing inexperienced corners, but we looked oblivious to where the ball was on several plays last night.
henderson should have intercepted that fade in the end zone that he ultimately broke up

I like this thread. Very entertaining. This is good therapy for Jimmy. Jimmy, seek to be the slingshot, not the rock. Somehow, I think I got that wrong. Oh well.

Last edited:
When your only decent CB is a true Freshman and you're going against the likely second pick in the draft, expectations shouldn't be too high. I'm not going to cry about coaching until the staff has at least a couple of recruiting classes in place post-Hawkins.

When your only decent CB is a true Freshman and you're going against the likely second pick in the draft, expectations shouldn't be too high. I'm not going to cry about coaching until the staff has at least a couple of recruiting classes in place post-Hawkins.

Kalil is good, but I'm not sure how he's relevant to what the DBs were doing?

I was speaking of Matt Barkley. Who's Kalil?

Barkley is good but won't be the second pick of the draft, likely not event the second QB taken (Jones.)

Point taken though that the Buffs were facing a bunch of 4* and 5* recievers with a likely 1st round pick at QB throwing to them. Add a solid running game, some very good TEs and CU would have been overmatched if we were healthy.

How long are people going to hang on brown and smith?

And Deon Figures and Chris Hudson and Chap Brown and Jalil Brown and TWheat...

If you want to talk NFL we can start with the development of Rodney Harrison, Samari Rolle, Blaine Bishop and Marcus Robertson in addition to all but guaranteeing the majority of his teams a top 5 secondary.

Question his recruiting all you want, questioning his coaching is just plain ignorant.

I like this thread. Very entertaining. This is good therapy for Jimmy. Jimmy, seek to be the slingshot, not the rock. Somehow, I think I got that wrong. Oh well.

It should be a learning lesson for you hawkamaniac :lol:

th_InternetFight.gif

Fine then - if Brown is laughing because "things are so bad", then Cody and Tyler were playing leapfrog on the sideline while we were getting our ass kicked because they were so terribly frustrated that all they could do was laugh. Greg Brown should wipe that ****-eating grin off this face while his defense gets abused every week, having a ton of injuries doesn't mean he can just giggle his way to a free pass in his first season.

Apparently that's exactly what it means. Tyler and Cody **** around and they're branded losers for life, GB does it and it's all good.

Either way, not that I watch games or anything, but I don't think Rex Ryan could figure out how to do a damn thing when we are using Goldberg, Mahnke, Sandersfeld, Smith, and DD Goodson on a majority of our defensive snaps. I think all 6 of Barkley's TDs were on either Sandersfeld or Goodson. We can take solace in the fact that neither of those are going to be playing CB for us next year. Neither will Goldberg or Mahnke.

I would like to know what Moten's malfunction is. He either doesn't practice hard or doesn't understand what the hell to do on defense. Either way, he needs to get it going or he should lose his scholarship. No free rides. No excuse whatsoever to have numerous kids move from offense and be starting over you within a week.

Harrington and Bell should provide solid players next year, but then again doing well in practice for us doesn't exactly mean a damn thing. Nonetheless, they are bound to be better than what we have out there now.

Im so sick and tired of posters giving a pass to Greg Brown's lack of recruiting. You guys will rip the kids but defend some old man defensive coach. What we hav e back there in the secondary is because of greg; brown. he can't coach his players!!!

What in gods name gives you the right to say that?

Barkley is good but won't be the second pick of the draft, likely not event the second QB taken (Jones.)

Point taken though that the Buffs were facing a bunch of 4* and 5* recievers with a likely 1st round pick at QB throwing to them. Add a solid running game, some very good TEs and CU would have been overmatched if we were healthy.

If the team with the 2nd pick needs a QB then Barkley or Jones (and I'm guessing Barkley) goes number 2

If the team with the 2nd pick needs a QB then Barkley or Jones (and I'm guessing Barkley) goes number 2

I would bet Jones ahead of Barkley. Better measurables, better arm strength, better big game results, better recent history of QBs from hsi school.

#1 pick is going to be either Indy or Miami. If it is Miami they take about 2 1/2 seconds to take Luck, if it is Indy they decide if they want to keep it and have Luck and Peyton or if they want to trade it for a ton, either way Luck is off the board.

If Indy gets the second pick then they may go another direction, after these two things get interesting. Minnesota seems to be happy with Ponder, St.Louis is set with Bradford. Arizona gave up a lot for Kolb, Seattle will likely go QB. Carolina has Newton, Jacksonville is committed to Gabbert.

Most likely if Indy decides not to take Luck and trades they would still want a high pick so one of the QB teams would go off the board. If Indy doesn't get Luck I doubt they would go QB which means that if everything worked out the second QB could last to 4 or 5.

Listen, I don't know if Greg Brown is doing a good job and neither can any of us. It is like comparing the efficiency of the guy working on the Apple 2 (even if he helped build it) against the efficiency of the guy working on a MacBook Pro.

Listen, I don't know if Greg Brown is doing a good job and neither can any of us. It is like comparing the efficiency of the guy working on the Apple 2 (even if he helped build it) against the efficiency of the guy working on a MacBook Pro.
I don't have an opinion right now one way or the other, I was just wondering how the people bitching would solve the problem if they were in Embree's sleepless shoes.

I don't have an opinion right now one way or the other, I was just wondering how the people bitching would solve the problem if they were in Embree's sleepless shoes.

I'd tell brown he has next year to improve the soon to be all-time worst cu defense. If it doesn't improve, his dad and Joe williams will take over for a case of scott's liquid gold.

And Deon Figures and Chris Hudson and Chap Brown and Jalil Brown and TWheat...

If you want to talk NFL we can start with the development of Rodney Harrison, Samari Rolle, Blaine Bishop and Marcus Robertson in addition to all but guaranteeing the majority of his teams a top 5 secondary.

Question his recruiting all you want, questioning his coaching is just plain ignorant.

:lol: this is ****ing hilarious.

Back