What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd week in a row Greg Brown laughing it up while we get our ass kicked

And he hired Greg Brown, but that doesn't stop you from having an opinion about him... :lol:

5 straight games giving up 500+ yds- First time in cu history.
40 + pts given up in 5 straight games, first time since ahem ...1980
63 pts away from giving up the most points in CU history.

For this season, what I have seen on the field, the opinion is ....Fail.

Of course he should get another year, just improve. Recruit the the players everyone says he needs. We have a bunch of db's returning next season, maybe bell and harrington will make a difference.

Not you, but I've asked others about the front 7, no reason for this group to drop so far off in sacks as the season has gone along and to be so bad at run defense. Some have responded with "Our DL isn't talented or big enough"...Oh the irony ....

Greg Brown isn't a "good" football coach

But Embree hired him. If you're going to have an opinion about his previous hires, why don't you sack up and give us an opinion about who his next hire should be, instead of suddenly hiding behind "that's Embree's job"? :smile2:

Dave Logan is an offensive genius, right. But an offensive genius, by definition, should know how to attack defenses and should, therefore, be a defensive genius, right? You see where I'm going with this don't you?

Dave Logan is an offensive genius, right. But an offensive genius, by definition, should know how to attack defenses and should, therefore, be a defensive genius, right? You see where I'm going with this don't you?

Yes, Barzil.....

But Embree hired him. If you're going to have an opinion about his previous hires, why don't you sack up and give us an opinion about who his next hire should be, instead of suddenly hiding behind "that's Embree's job"? :smile2:

No why doesn't embree not hire members that were on Hawk's staff.

No why doesn't embree not hire members that were on Hawk's staff.

No, why are you willing to trash some of Embree's hires, but other times hide behind "that's Embree's job".

Seriously, you've proved you have opinions on coaching hires. So give us an opinion on who should replace Brown. Seriously, somebody actually WANTS to hear your opinion about a coach, and you won't give it? That's just not right... :lol:

No, why are you willing to trash some of Embree's hires, but other times hide behind "that's Embree's job".

Seriously, you've proved you have opinions on coaching hires. So give us an opinion on who should replace Brown. Seriously, somebody actually WANTS to hear your opinion about a coach, and you won't give it? That's just not right... :lol:

anyone who wasn't on Hawk's staff would suffice for now. Since i know we aren't fixing anything with Brown here

Brown is part of the reason why we have to do that.

I see no reason why we need to wait around to see if Brown can "turn it around"
And the fact that Hawkins severly hampered recruiting has no blame?

Not at all. The Death March is over. The results were to be expected. But now he needs to show he can win. These last three are winnable.
This season was going to go 4 wins at best with this team according to most, not sure what you all expected without injuries.

This season was going to go 4 wins at best with this team according to most, not sure what you all expected without injuries.

Funny I don't see BRown landing 4 star recruits right now. Is Embree holding him back too?

Wanna keep making excuses for Brown, be my guest. When he's out of here eventually, I'm sure you'll be saying Embree held him back or something lame

I did not expect much more than where we are. But if we lose the next three there will be serious doubts about this staff. Don't you agree?

Funny I don't see BRown landing 4 star recruits right now. Is Embree holding him back too?

Wanna keep making excuses for Brown, be my guest. When he's out of here eventually, I'm sure you'll be saying Embree held him back or something lame
Uh no. I've said numerous times that if the D doesn't improve next year we need a new DC, and I'm sure Embree knows that. Signing day isn't until Febuary and both Nik and BB have both said numerous times that CB is a tough position to project at the next level. So far Greg Henderson is doing just fine for a true freshman who shouldn't have to be playing and Hendo wasn't even the best CB in fall camp either.

Every coaches job should be on the line. But this season should not decide anything.

Every coaches job should be on the line. But this season should not decide anything.

I agree with this. Someone needs to evaluate Brown and everyone else. We aren't just losing, but we are getting blown out in most games. I was hoping this staff might at least make us marginally competitive, but we are not even close. Not only is the defense atrocious, but the offense, where we do have some weapons, is pathetic.

I'm not calling for heads to roll, but the on-field performance is really scary.

Embree is the only coach that shows emotion on the sideline. Meaning upset when mistakes are made and watching him fire up when TClem scored was good to see... I see all the coaches "laughing it up" except Embree - maybe they are laughing to keep from crying, I am sure they are even more disgusted with the performance on the field than us fans

I agree with this. Someone needs to evaluate Brown and everyone else. We aren't just losing, but we are getting blown out in most games. I was hoping this staff might at least make us marginally competitive, but we are not even close. Not only is the defense atrocious, but the offense, where we do have some weapons, is pathetic.

I'm not calling for heads to roll, but the on-field performance is really scary.
I'm not sure how you can say you agree with DBT in the first year. And yeah we've been blown out but who have we been playing? Oh yeah, five straight ranked teams. We've been competitive with the middle to low Pac 12 teams.

I'm not sure how you can say you agree with DBT in the first year. And yeah we've been blown out but who have we been playing? Oh yeah, five straight ranked teams. We've been competitive with the middle to low Pac 12 teams.

I understand your point. I guess maybe I was little harsh. I apologize. Just tired of getting our teeth kicked in.

Back