What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

3/13 Spring practice report

There's almost no standing around. Quickly from drill to drill, from to group to group. That 2 hours went fast as a spectator. I bet it was rough on the players.

It's good for them. Same thing happened at Arkansas when we went from Nutt to Petrino. Lots of standing around with Nutt, and Petrino's practices were hyper intense (I'll never forget Petrino grabbing DJ William's facemask and chewing his ass and screaming you just cost a TD MF'er because he half assed a block downfield) and run extremely efficiently. No standing around.

Honestly some guys will eat it up and really enjoy it, some guys won't adjust well. You might see a few transfers or guys who have started for a couple of years not willing to put in the effort and end up riding the bench. It's a good change of pace for the Buffs. I saw a few practices under Hawk and they were all sad, but based on the reports this is a very positive change.

tony jones is the truth! I think he will be a solid rb for us, let him learn the O this season well taking a few snaps per game and bring him in kinda slow, he is going to tear it up! Scotty wasn't lying last fall when he said "bolt" jones was "going to be really good"....why do so many people hate on espy? he is a hard worker and i think will work well for us in a slot type role! he is quick, strong (set the record for highest bench by a cu wr) and can make people miss...i think with the new O and his work ethic he will turn some heads...embo loves kids that work their butts off day in and day out and want to be a big part of the team, especially colorado kids!

Any other open practices anyone is going to? It has now been four days and I thought perhaps we might be seeing smoething new in the reports.

tony jones is the truth! I think he will be a solid rb for us, let him learn the O this season well taking a few snaps per game and bring him in kinda slow, he is going to tear it up! Scotty wasn't lying last fall when he said "bolt" jones was "going to be really good"....why do so many people hate on espy? he is a hard worker and i think will work well for us in a slot type role! he is quick, strong (set the record for highest bench by a cu wr) and can make people miss...i think with the new O and his work ethic he will turn some heads...embo loves kids that work their butts off day in and day out and want to be a big part of the team, especially colorado kids!

Best players should play. He is in the same boat as Speedy and Brian, they are all learning a new O. I say play the best man regardless of experience or year in school.

Back