What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

3/17 NCAA Tournament discussion thread

I am currently ranked 252 in the nation on espn tourney challenge with only 2 missed so far, unfortunately vcu is about to ruin that. Thought i would brag while i still can

The $EC off to a predictably bad start. 2-3 in the first round. The two wins are a blowout of UC Santa Barbara and a 2 point last minute win over Princeton... Losses include a 30 point loss to Meatchicken and Vandy providing the obligatory 5/12 upset victim.

Sure glad they made sure to give that league 5 teams in, even though the league sucked balls all year.

So let's see, the big least is currently 7-4. But is there more to this story?

Since an 11 seed seems to be the lowest this committee assigned to a major conference (forget Clemson's 12 seed, they were a play-in), that means that over half of the big least teams were seeded in the upper half possible (seeds 1 - 5). 2 other conferences had most of its teams seeded above the half way mark -- big 12 and $ec).

big least seeding and results:

1 -- won (Pitt)
2 -- won (sorta lame)
3 -- won (uCons)
3 -- won ('cuse)
4 -- lost (Louisville)
5 -- won (WV)
6 -- lost (G-Town)
6 -- lost (St Johns)
6 -- won (Cinci)
9 -- Lost (Nova)
11 -- won (Marquette)

Other conference seedings, for comparison:

.... lilbig101112 had seeds 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 10 (record 5 - 2; both 10 seeds lost)
.... bigtex had seeds 1, 4, 5, 7, 11 (record 3 - 2)
.... $ec had seeds 2, 4, 5, 9, 10 (record 2 - 3)
.... acc had seeds 1, 2, 10, 12 (record 4 - 1, if you count Clemson's play-in game win; if not, 3 - 1)
.... pac (soon to be 12) had seeds 5, 7, 7 (record 3 - 1, if you count u$c's play-in game loss; if not, 3 - 0)

Most impressed with? pac(soon to be 12). 3-0 in round 2, 3-1 overall.

What does this all prove? Not a damned thang. I'm drinking rum and it seemed interesting.

Go BUFFS!!! Blast the NIT.

UW playing well against North Carolina. Up 1 at halftime.

11 team fouls on UW, 2 on UNC in the first half. Playing in Charlotte. Go figure.... :rolling_eyes:

Come on Huskies!

yahoo ran a stat this AM that said (IIRC) that UNC has won 24 straight NCAA games in North Carolina.

I saw some stat the other day that they have only lost one tournament game ever in the state of NC.They're something like 30-1 all time.

UW playing well against North Carolina. Up 1 at halftime.

11 team fouls on UW, 2 on UNC in the first half. Playing in Charlotte. Go figure.... :rolling_eyes:

that was close to the stat when CU played UNC in the tournament..... 1996? 1997? I forget...

i missed the replay but i might look at the second UNC shot blocker getting the ball after the glass? there with 7 secs left.

Basket interference?

NC wins, but I'm not sure that the better team won today.

another poorly executed last minute. not as bad as Pitt-Butler, but guys look out of control, potential mental mistake where players should know situations, etc.

Basket interference?

NC wins, but I'm not sure that the better team won today.

That's about a half dozen times they've pulled a win out of their ass. If UW would've had some decent execution on offense down the stretch they would've won this one.

Only one comment on the end of the Pitt-Butler game?

I still have no idea why that pitt coach even had his players on the lane for that second free throw.

Only one comment on the end of the Pitt-Butler game?

I still have no idea why that pitt coach even had his players on the lane for that second free throw.
Getting tired of the "experts" questioning that. The game was tied at that point. What if he misses? (and he did) You can get the tap in. This had nothing to do with the coach. A really stupid play by the player that has never been seen before.

Back