What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

3/17 NCAA Tournament discussion thread

:rolling_eyes:This is what he said he thought at 17 years old. Let it die. :dead-horse-fast2: I also think Grant Hill is a dumbass for responding to it.

Haha im not hating on him for it, I thought that was hillarious.

Why should he? He said on First and Ten that is what he thought at 17.

Because calling a black guy an "Uncle Tom" is worse than dropping an N-bomb on him. It's incredibly inflammatory and offensive. Saying it's what you thought when you were 17 is not the same as saying that you don't think that today. He was in the wrong and he either wasn't man enough to admit it or he doesn't think he was in the wrong.

Because calling a black guy an "Uncle Tom" is worse than dropping an N-bomb on him. It's incredibly inflammatory and offensive. Saying it's what you thought when you were 17 is not the same as saying that you don't think that today. He was in the wrong and he either wasn't man enough to admit it or he doesn't think he was in the wrong.

Go back and watch that F and T. He said "that is how I felt then as a 17 year old recruit. Now I'm a mature adult and I understand." People are just trying to fan flames where there is no fire.

VCU finishing off Purdue in a big way. Two teams from the city of Richmond in the Sweet 16, who would've thunk it.

VCU finishing off Purdue in a big way. Two teams from the city of Richmond in the Sweet 16, who would've thunk it.

Don't mind seeing another Big Ten/Eleven/whatever team bite the dust, but what sucks about this is that VCU's run is going to be used to justify the decisions made by the selection committee. Even though UAB and USC were equally questionable choices over CU, and neither of them made it out of the play-in round.

Don't mind seeing another Big Ten/Eleven/whatever team bite the dust, but what sucks about this is that VCU's run is going to be used to justify the decisions made by the selection committee. Even though UAB and USC were equally questionable choices over CU, and neither of them made it out of the play-in round.

Also, the poor showing of the Big XII doesn't help. I can't believe Texas **** the bed like that. That game was over and they pissed it away.

VCU's run does nothing to justify CU's snub. To me it just proves that CU could have made a run as well.

Also, the poor showing of the Big XII doesn't help. I can't believe Texas **** the bed like that. That game was over and they pissed it away.

VCU's run does nothing to justify CU's snub. To me it just proves that CU could have made a run as well.

I've been really disappointed by the Big XII (so what else is new?) At best 1 team in the sweet 16, and that's if Kansas beats Illinois.

Still the best case to be made for CU is to win the NIT. And that's totally in their hands...

Screw the Big XII. And especially screw Texas.

Great win by Arizona. They're going to be my pre-season pick to with it all next year if Derrick Williams comes back. I love Solomon Hill, too. That dude is filthy as sort of a point forward.

Texas completely blew that game, it was theirs to lose and they lost it. That 5-second call at the end was very questionable.

Screw the Big XII. And especially screw Texas.

Great win by Arizona. They're going to be my pre-season pick to with it all next year if Derrick Williams comes back. I love Solomon Hill, too. That dude is filthy as sort of a point forward.

Yea, screw the conference we've been a member of for the past 15 years. That's real classy.

Texas completely blew that game, it was theirs to lose and they lost it. That 5-second call at the end was very questionable.

my dad is convinced that ref Jim Burr hates the Big XII. he's been saying it for years. it's seems a little irrational, but i've seen Burr do OOC games with the Big East and Big XII or tournament games where, say, an Eddie Sutton team has 6 team fouls in the first 4-5 minutes...or something like that. bang bang bang, and Tony Allen has 3 fouls and opponent X is shooting one-one.

as far as ND, if they and Purdue both lose today.....KU's bracket will have officially imploded....and VCU better BRING it.

Why should he? He said on First and Ten that is what he thought at 17.

Right, so grant hill has no right to say anything. Jalen and co sure aren't making it clear how they feel now. Hill had every right to respond and made jalen look like an idiot.

I guess that's how grant feels NOW.

Can anyone really be surprised that Texas threw another postseason game away? I have no problem with Texas losing.

I had 'Zona in the sweet-16, but I figured tehass wouldn't make it past Oakland-of-meechigan-not-the-raders.

How does your bracket look, mr beeebeeee.

Yea, screw the conference we've been a member of for the past 15 years. That's real classy.

Did you not follow the media spin, politician, fan and school representative comments from last spring until now?

I have absolutely no good feeling toward the University of Texas. I have absolutely no good feeling toward Dan Beebe and the Big 12. There are others I could specifically call out (Baylor leads that list).

Cheering for people who tried to **** you isn't classy, Carolina, it's being a bitch.

Did you not follow the media spin, politician, fan and school representative comments from last spring until now?

I have absolutely no good feeling toward the University of Texas. I have absolutely no good feeling toward Dan Beebe and the Big 12. There are others I could specifically call out (Baylor leads that list).

Cheering for people who tried to **** you isn't classy, Carolina, it's being a bitch.

:nod:

Cheering for people who tried to **** you isn't classy, Carolina, it's being any school in the [strike]big[/strike] little 12 not named texas or Oklahoma.

:nod:

I was rooting for Texas. Ever since watching the following video ive hated Arizona. And there "u of a" chant that the fans do during the whole game is so stupid. Do they realize that any school could do the same thing by just replacing the letter a with the first letter of there school. So glad we have a good fight song...

[video=youtube;p9Q4GQTp18I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Q4GQTp18I[/video]

my dad is convinced that ref Jim Burr hates the Big XII. he's been saying it for years. it's seems a little irrational, but i've seen Burr do OOC games with the Big East and Big XII or tournament games where, say, an Eddie Sutton team has 6 team fouls in the first 4-5 minutes...or something like that. bang bang bang, and Tony Allen has 3 fouls and opponent X is shooting one-one.

as far as ND, if they and Purdue both lose today.....KU's bracket will have officially imploded....and VCU better BRING it.

Yup, they only have a 10, 11, and a 12 seed left in their region. This is shaping up even easier than 1988 did for them.

I was rooting for Texas. Ever since watching the following video ive hated Arizona. And there "u of a" chant that the fans do during the whole game is so stupid. Do they realize that any school could do the same thing by just replacing the letter a with the first letter of there school. So glad we have a good fight song...

Wow. Cheering for Texas. I'm not even surprised anymore... Just sad.

We need to step our game up if we still want to be considered the a-holes of the conference. Arizona and Oregon will give us a lot of competition.

Texas was not playing well at the end of the season and it carried over to the Tournament. Teams like UConn, UNC, and Duke all played well at the end of the season. KU and OSU played well all season long. Both the SouthEast and the Southwest regionals appear to be weakened with so many of the upper seeds out. It looks like some of the elite 8 match-ups in the other regionals could be really good. UConn vs Duke and OSU vs UNC are possibilities.

Texas was not playing well at the end of the season and it carried over to the Tournament. Teams like UConn, UNC, and Duke all played well at the end of the season. KU and OSU played well all season long. Both the SouthEast and the Southwest regionals appear to be weakened with so many of the upper seeds out. It looks like some of the elite 8 match-ups in the other regionals could be really good. UConn vs Duke and OSU vs UNC are possibilities.

Teams standing between Kansas and the title game:

Richmond
VCU/Florida State
Florida/BYU/Wisconsin/Butler

Things really couldn't be setting up much better for the J-Hacks. With the way their luck is going, expect wins for BYU and Butler in the next round...

Teams standing between Kansas and the title game:

Richmond
VCU/Florida State
Florida/BYU/Wisconsin/Butler

Things really couldn't be setting up much better for the J-Hacks. With the way their luck is going, expect wins for BYU and Butler in the next round...

I agree...There has never been a region with 3 double digit seeds making it to the sweet 16 before. Not KU's fault but it is weird. They have already played a higher seed then what they will see next week. They could make it all the way to the final four without having played a seed in the upper half of the bracket. That is unheard of...

I wonder if playing a more battle tested team down the road will have an impact. KU looks like they have a good shot of taking it all. That kind of makes me want to puke.

Back