1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 random thoughts

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by JRK1212, Mar 17, 2011.

1. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

1. Would it be lame to use some WV/John Denver mojo and play Rocky Mountain High after wins in both basketball and football?

2. Too bad Nate Solder never played b-ball. 6'9 315 with that athleticism. He would have been unstoppble on the boards.

3. Anyone know the story behind the really old female twins who always wear matching clothes and sit in bleachers next to the tunnel.

Just thought of two more

4. Highlights of the game: The Shannon Sharpe ally-oop, and Ben Mills dribbling the ball at midcourt at the end of the game. Kid is so goofy.

5. When they show the 1st half highlights on the video board they need to get rid of the Mark Johnson audio calls. Never have I heard so much hyperbole and so many different ways of describing basic things (he cant just call a pass a pass). If I heard correctly I think he described Burks as being "rubber". The whole team was cracking up during the thing. Its embarrassing to have that on the loud speakers throughout the arena.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

3. The twins have been significant donors who have gone to every game for several decades. I believe BuffMurger is their grandson.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

1 - lets stick to our fight song
    2 - we have discussed that. He is better off being a top 15 pick in the NFL draft
    3 - they have been coming to games for something like 50 years. They are awesome.
    4 - Sports center thought it was the Burks reverse, but the Sharpe dunk was great.
    5 - yeah he needs to tone it down quite a bit. Even worse with football. The replay was terrible last night btw, the guys were off.

4. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

#4 - Was amazing! Half-court pass that was basically an alley-oop. Great pass from Alec and great finish by Shannon.

5. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

1. Yes. Super Lame. We already have a song for that anyway. It's called Rejoice Colorado and the band plays it after every win.

2. I don't think he gets to 315 without a football strength and conditioning program and although it's an intriguing thing to think about, I think he's a way better football player than he could ever be on the court.

3. They've been coming to basketball games forever and I'd say they only miss one or two a year. I think they're alumni or at least went here for a while but I'm not 100% sure. I also seem to remember that they got some sort of special award/recognition last year. I think it was an honorary letter/C-Club membership but I'm a little fuzzy on that. Regardless of the details though, they are legit and basically a CU institution.

6. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

The twins are great, one of their grandsons is an old friend of mine...

Found this from one of Plati's Plati-'tudes:
    http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=26907

Tractor likes this.
  7. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member