What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

3 random thoughts

JRK1212

Troll
1. Would it be lame to use some WV/John Denver mojo and play Rocky Mountain High after wins in both basketball and football?

2. Too bad Nate Solder never played b-ball. 6'9 315 with that athleticism. He would have been unstoppble on the boards.

3. Anyone know the story behind the really old female twins who always wear matching clothes and sit in bleachers next to the tunnel.

Just thought of two more

4. Highlights of the game: The Shannon Sharpe ally-oop, and Ben Mills dribbling the ball at midcourt at the end of the game. Kid is so goofy.

5. When they show the 1st half highlights on the video board they need to get rid of the Mark Johnson audio calls. Never have I heard so much hyperbole and so many different ways of describing basic things (he cant just call a pass a pass). If I heard correctly I think he described Burks as being "rubber". The whole team was cracking up during the thing. Its embarrassing to have that on the loud speakers throughout the arena.

Last edited:
3. The twins have been significant donors who have gone to every game for several decades. I believe BuffMurger is their grandson.

1. Would it be lame to use some WV/John Denver mojo and play Rocky Mountain High after wins in both basketball and football?

2. Too bad Nate Solder never played b-ball. 6'9 315 with that athleticism. He would have been unstoppble on the boards.

3. Anyone know the story behind the really old female twins who always wear matching clothes and sit in bleachers next to the tunnel.

Just thought of two more

4. Highlights of the game: The Shannon Sharpe ally-oop, and Ben Mills dribbling the ball at midcourt at the end of the game. Kid is so goofy.

5. When they show the 1st half highlights on the video board they need to get rid of the Mark Johnson audio calls. Never have I heard so much hyperbole and so many different ways of describing basic things (he cant just call a pass a pass). If I heard correctly I think he described Burks as being "rubber". The whole team was cracking up during the thing. Its embarrassing to have that on the loud speakers throughout the arena.

1 - lets stick to our fight song
2 - we have discussed that. He is better off being a top 15 pick in the NFL draft
3 - they have been coming to games for something like 50 years. They are awesome.
4 - Sports center thought it was the Burks reverse, but the Sharpe dunk was great.
5 - yeah he needs to tone it down quite a bit. Even worse with football. The replay was terrible last night btw, the guys were off.

1. Yes. Super Lame. We already have a song for that anyway. It's called Rejoice Colorado and the band plays it after every win.

2. I don't think he gets to 315 without a football strength and conditioning program and although it's an intriguing thing to think about, I think he's a way better football player than he could ever be on the court.

3. They've been coming to basketball games forever and I'd say they only miss one or two a year. I think they're alumni or at least went here for a while but I'm not 100% sure. I also seem to remember that they got some sort of special award/recognition last year. I think it was an honorary letter/C-Club membership but I'm a little fuzzy on that. Regardless of the details though, they are legit and basically a CU institution.

The twins are great, one of their grandsons is an old friend of mine...

Found this from one of Plati's Plati-'tudes:
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=26907
THE TWINS - The last Plati-'Tudes was a Q&A, and a question that came in after that was finished was a good one and has been answered. Jerry White of Denver, along with some buddies, wanted to know more about the twins seen at most of our home events, and what their story is. Well, here's the story on 76-year old twins Betty Hoover and Peggy Coppom as relayed from Betty:
They were born on Nov. 19, 1924 in Walsenburg, the same hometown as Byron White. They moved to Haxtun when they were three, when their father set up a grocery store for his father. They remained in Haxtun until moving to Longmont in 1940 but it was on to Boulder in 1941. They were cheerleaders at Boulder High School where they graduated from in 1942, and both attended CU for a year during World War II. Both of their husbands were from Longmont, were pilots in World War II and went on to work for United Airlines after the war. Peggy's husband died in 1973 from complications of a brain tumor, which had forced him to retire early from United; Betty's husband eventually retired with United and died in 1990 (kidney cancer). They've been season ticket holders in football since the 1950s and in basketball since they became widows. Betty says they, "Didn't dress alike while we married, it wasn't very practical. But since that time, you see us together, always dressed alike. We're devout Roman Catholics, so we go to church every day. But we like to say that we pray together and play together. We're really happy with CU and are really proud of our school. We like the sporting events, the band students, just everything about our university and what goes on here and the standards that have been set. We consider CU and all the kids and staff as our families. We're grandmas to all these people. That's our story and we love it." You can see Betty and Peggy regularly sitting about 10 rows up behind the south basket. Drop by and say hello!

Back