What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

31.5 point Underdogs against Texas

CaliBuff901

Wow, that's a big number. Can anyone remember us being this big of an underdog in a BIG XII conference game? I wonder what the point spread was for the 70-3 debacle. I doubt it was 67. :lol:

Honestly, that's better than I expected. I think we might just cover that spread.

Honestly, I thought it would be in the 40's. When we are that big of a dog, something isn't right here. I think Bohn would've fired him already if he could or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

Texas has not been covering against the spread and CU keeps the starters in during garbage time.

I think the unknown factor this week will be Mack Brown. With OU struggling he is looking at this year as his shot to go the MNC at the end of the year. He is going to start looking for style points and he wants a good tune up for OU game.

Texas has not been covering against the spread and CU keeps the starters in during garbage time.

I think the unknown factor this week will be Mack Brown. With OU struggling he is looking at this year as his shot to go the MNC at the end of the year. He is going to start looking for style points and he wants a good tune up for OU game.

yep. that's the x factor. texas is going to be able to name their own score in this game. on the one hand, they may run it up in order to impress the voters. if mack chooses that route, they'll cover the 31.5 easily. on the other hand, he may decide to show a bit of mercy because hawkins hasn't demonstrated any ability to pull players out of texas and it is better for ut if CU keeps a crappy coach like him than the remote possibility that CU gets someone good in to replace him. if the latter, then i would expect it will be very close to the line set.

i don't see CU keeping it closer than 4 scores in any case, unfortunately.

maybe i am wrong. maybe this is where it all gets turned around. we can hope, i guess.

Have we forgotten that under Hawkins we were shut out for the first time in over 10 years at Missouri last year. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore under coach hawkins weither it's predicting 10 wins this season, getting shut out, point spreads that have us as ridiculous underdogs, or just his plan excuses about everything else makes me sick.

This is the largest we have been an underdog since....well I can only go back to 1993 so since then. A sad state we are in.

i think when i was a frosh, waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when, i took CU plus like 49 or 50 against the fuskers and lost.

that's the biggest spread i remember. i remember because i ****ing lost with 7 tds going before the kickoff. how does that even happen?

Back