1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

31.5 point Underdogs against Texas

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CaliBuff901, Oct 5, 2009.

1. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

Wow, that's a big number. Can anyone remember us being this big of an underdog in a BIG XII conference game? I wonder what the point spread was for the 70-3 debacle. I doubt it was 67. :lol:

2. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

Honestly, that's better than I expected. I think we might just cover that spread.

3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Honestly, I thought it would be in the 40's. When we are that big of a dog, something isn't right here. I think Bohn would've fired him already if he could or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

underdog? Rusty was an underdog.

dply likes this.
  5. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Texas has not been covering against the spread and CU keeps the starters in during garbage time.

I think the unknown factor this week will be Mack Brown. With OU struggling he is looking at this year as his shot to go the MNC at the end of the year. He is going to start looking for style points and he wants a good tune up for OU game.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

yep. that's the x factor. texas is going to be able to name their own score in this game. on the one hand, they may run it up in order to impress the voters. if mack chooses that route, they'll cover the 31.5 easily. on the other hand, he may decide to show a bit of mercy because hawkins hasn't demonstrated any ability to pull players out of texas and it is better for ut if CU keeps a crappy coach like him than the remote possibility that CU gets someone good in to replace him. if the latter, then i would expect it will be very close to the line set.

i don't see CU keeping it closer than 4 scores in any case, unfortunately.

maybe i am wrong. maybe this is where it all gets turned around. we can hope, i guess.

7. calibuff81

calibuff81 New Member

Have we forgotten that under Hawkins we were shut out for the first time in over 10 years at Missouri last year. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore under coach hawkins weither it's predicting 10 wins this season, getting shut out, point spreads that have us as ridiculous underdogs, or just his plan excuses about everything else makes me sick.

8. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i think when i was a frosh, waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when, i took CU plus like 49 or 50 against the fuskers and lost.

that's the biggest spread i remember. i remember because i ****ing lost with 7 tds going before the kickoff. how does that even happen?