What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

$321 million dollars...

Balch Fieldhouse renovation is the second thing on the list on the Capital project lists in the 2011 Master Plan ($28 million) right after the "Athletics Performance Facility for Soccer and Laccrosse" ($12 million). I'm not sure if it means it will get done in that order but I would assume it would be higher up the list than say the $85 million Fieldhouse and parking structure. For $28 million I'm sure we could get a combination of renovated box seats for the Flatirons club and a completely new inside. The roof is high enough where they could put in a second floor and maybe make it as an additional weight room/speed conditioning and still leave the first floor and redo the bathrooms and put some permanent vendor facilities in there....I don't know, since we built an entirely new practice facility for $11 million it seems like we would be able to do a lot with the $28 million they are projecting.

Found this doing a quick google search. Athletics start on page 58

http://www.colorado.edu/masterplan/plan/Section%20IV%20-%20Facilities%20Needs.pdf

3. Athletics Capital Improvements​
The space needs analysis (IV.A) identified a shortage of at least 134,000 assignable
square feet of indoor space for athletics programs. The primary project to address this
shortage is a new fieldhouse, and a number of other projects are also proposed to
upgrade or add facilities:​
•​
Balch Fieldhouse Renovation: Renovations of the existing Balch Fieldhouse
would include upgrades or replacement of the pressbox, gates and plazas, and
concession facilities.

•​
Dal Ward Athletic Center Expansion for Women’s Sports: An expansion of the
Dal Ward complex would provide additional training, office, and student athlete
support areas at the northeast corner of the stadium. Also planned are additional
stadium seats in this area to replace those that were removed due to unstable soil.

•​
Fieldhouse and Parking Structure: An indoor practice facility, primarily for
football, is envisioned north of Franklin Field, adjoining the stadium complex. About
400 to 600 structured parking spaces are planned to be included. Uses now in
Carlson Gymnasium and Balch Fieldhouse may be relocated to the new
fieldhouse. Relocation of Facilities Management grounds and recycling operations
on the new fieldhouse site will be necessary as part of the project. An alternative
site for the fieldhouse could be north of Boulder Creek, near the football practice
fields.

•​
Performance Facility for Soccer and Lacrosse: This is seen as a replacement
facility for the current uses at Prentup Field. Replacement of this field is likely as
the East Campus is developed for academic uses over the next 10 years.
Replacement fields could be developed north of Boulder Creek or at CU-Boulder
South.

•​
Track and Field Facility: This is planned as a replacement for Potts Field.
Relocation and replacement of existing track and field facilities is likely as the East

56​
Campus is developed for academic uses over the next 10 years. Replacement
fields could be developed north of Boulder Creek or at CU-Boulder South.​
•​
Other Outdoor Fields and Courts: Substantial improvements to existing outdoor
facilities, and some new construction, will be necessary in order to remain
competitive in the Pac-12 Conference and the NCAA as a whole. Depending upon
which sports are added, additional facilities and land will be required. CU-Boulder
South is the most likely site for significant new outdoor practice facilities.

•​
Indoor Tennis Facility: This may be developed in cooperation with Recreation
Services. A site or sites have not been chosen. Development of this facility in
conjunction with the proposed new fieldhouse could be considered to share
various support facilities required for each.
Location, timing, square footage, and cost estimates for these proposed capital
improvements are detailed in the building plan (V.A). Most of these athletics capital
projects are not related to the projected student growth, with the notable exception of
the additional stadium seats (northeast corner) which may be desired to help

accommodate the student body at stadium functions.

i will be glad to attend CU games in the future at cal where i don't feel like i am imminent danger of being crushed beneath thousands of tons of unreinforced soviet-style concrete.

of course, in retrospect, perhaps i felt that way because i'd consumed a half bottle of whisky and about ten beers before entering that hell-hole, sitting on splintered wooden benches in 100 degree heat, and watching CU get absolutely destroyed by a freaking "academic" school.

no, i don't have any pent-up anger. why do you ask? :rofl:

of course, in retrospect, perhaps i felt that way because i'd consumed a half bottle of whisky and about ten beers before entering that hell-hole, sitting on splintered wooden benches in 100 degree heat, and watching CU get absolutely destroyed by a freaking "academic" school.

no, i don't have any pent-up anger. why do you ask? :rofl:

You were warned in advance not to wear a black t-shirt to the Cal game. You wore the black t-shirt, didn't you? :lol:

Thank God for Steve's Korean BBQ or my trip to Berkeley last year would have been a complete disaster.
I do want to acknowledge the CU band. Atleast they played for an entire four quarters.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

You were warned in advance not to wear a black t-shirt to the Cal game. You wore the black t-shirt, didn't you? :lol:

Thank God for Steve's Korean BBQ or my trip to Berkeley last year would have been a complete disaster.
I do want to acknowledge the CU band. Atleast they played for an entire four quarters.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

yes, i tempted fate and wore a black shirt. luckily, my tears of rage and dismay ran like a river and cooled me off.

shut your angry face! it is very slimming! besides, your sister was too stoned to notice, as usual.

:lol:

my sister just grows and sells to "pharmacies" SHE IS NOT A USER ANYMORE!!!! :smokin:

entrepeneurial and a stoner. i dig her more every day.

she doesn't look like you, does she?

She does not.... she looks like my dad's side of the family... but she will wear Joe Paterno glasses if necessary so she might actually be able to see your penis....

Back