What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

114 point differential in p12 play

SBG

Administrator
Club Member
Junta Member
This is not a rose colored glasses post.

We were 2-5 in games decided by 8 points or less. The wins were against OSU and CSU. Can't hang your head around that.

OSU is solidly out recruiting us as the rest of the P12. We aren't going to win with this 8 year recruiting cycle and not play anyone until they are 22 years old with 11% BF.

The team can't close. How much of that falls on the HC? Seriously.

Are we better. Yes, much better than the last three years if you're measurement is in how competitive we are.

However, good teams win close games, and bad teams lose them. We are a bad team. And I'm ****ing sick of being a fan of a bad team.

Bad Math...

Oregon lost by 17
ASU lost by 25
Arizona lost by 7
Oregon State won by 4
UCLA lost by 4
Stanford lost by 32
USC lost by 3
WSU lost by 24
Utah lost by 6

You do the math....yes it is on the head coach. I get margin to be 114 points.

Not highly complicated.

M2 comes back next year.

Either the team figures out how to turn some close games into wins and he gets an extension or we see a repeat and he is replaced

If he is replaced his successor will inherit a roster and a program that is much closer to being able to win than the one that M2 inherited.

Not highly complicated.

M2 comes back next year.

Either the team figures out how to turn some close games into wins and he gets an extension or we see a repeat and he is replaced

If he is replaced his successor will inherit a roster and a program that is much closer to being able to win than the one that M2 inherited.
Much closer to being able to win? Disagree. We are still at the bottom in terms of talent and recruiting.

What's on the staff is making the adjustments in-game and over the season and calling a game such that we don't start out with sheer futility that causes us to play from behind the final 3 quarters. Closing and execution are mostly on the players but the way some teams have come out flat against us our staff has no excuse for not having the team in a better position to capitalize and get up on them.

Also, sticking to a running attack when productive has been a failure of MacIntyre and Lindgren. Kickoffs that don't reach the end zone is on MacIntyre and Neinas. They need to ride the wave when things are working and look to change things up when they aren't. They inexplicably have bumbled both.

Bad Math...

Oregon lost by 17
ASU lost by 25
Arizona lost by 7
Oregon State won by 4
UCLA lost by 4
Stanford lost by 32
USC lost by 3
WSU lost by 24
Utah lost by 6

You do the math....yes it is on the head coach. I get margin to be 114 points.

Ah, I was basing this off of what was said during the P12 broadcast. They said 31 point differential at the half. WTF?!

We are not a good team.
We are not a team that should have won more than 1-2 Conf games.
But we are much closer than we've been. The step up this years was disappointing. It was a small step.
Must take a bigger step. Need to add playmakers ASAP at WR and improve O-line. QB play must also improve.

What's on the staff is making the adjustments in-game and over the season and calling a game such that we don't start out with sheer futility that causes us to play from behind the final 3 quarters. Closing and execution are mostly on the players but the way some teams have come out flat against us our staff has no excuse for not having the team in a better position to capitalize and get up on them.

Also, sticking to a running attack when productive has been a failure of MacIntyre and Lindgren. Kickoffs that don't reach the end zone is on MacIntyre and Neinas. They need to ride the wave when things are working and look to change things up when they aren't. They inexplicably have bumbled both.

You can throw in clock management also!!! I really believe they should fire MacIntyre, he just is not the guy. He does not seem to be a coach on the sideline...I could do that - cursing and yelling when something goes bad, jumping downing and cheering when something goes bad.

M2 coming back next year is not a good choice. Today just solidified it but they will not win next year either. We have not out recruited anyone so who are we going to pass up? Unless Montez is the second coming and steps in as a savior, MM is going to get fired next year and with the huge class for 17, that is a huge problem.

I am so damn tired of this crappy football and we are not close to being an average Pac 12 team. 10 teams are going to bowls from the Pac...10 and we are not one of them.

I think MM deserves a 4th year. He's running a rebuild of a awful program as a no-name which is a longer process than we can stand. Speed bumps are bound to happen and recruiting suffers without success. He'd be a good recruiter once he won.

I also think Jim Leavitt will land a P5 job. Maryland, VA etc should throw cash his way. I want him to stay. I don't see how he'd replace MM without it feeling like he stabbed him.

And of course, Les Miles is instant validation, which is required to shorten the rebuild. I personally think Les is a bit slow upstairs, but he'd make us decent, faster. Doubt he'd get us in the top tier but so what.

I think MM deserves a 4th year. He's running a rebuild of a awful program as a no-name which is a longer process than we can stand. Speed bumps are bound to happen and recruiting suffers without success. He'd be a good recruiter once he won.

I also think Jim Leavitt will land a P5 job. Maryland, VA etc should throw cash his way. I want him to stay. I don't see how he'd replace MM without it feeling like he stabbed him.

And of course, Les Miles is instant validation, which is required to shorten the rebuild. I personally think Les is a bit slow upstairs, but he'd make us decent, faster. Doubt he'd get us in the top tier but so what.
You are either a good recruiter, or you are not. A few more wins will not mean anything in the recruiting arena. If JL does leave this year, next year will be worse than this one. He is the only bright spot on the staff that couldn't be replaced.

Don't buy that it takes 4+ years to get to the point where we win more than one conference game in a season and don't lose to teams like Hawaii.

Sark took a marginally better 0-12 UW team than Embree teams and had them bowling regularly by year 2.

Next year we must beat a much improved CSU team to be 2-1 heading into PAC play and then win 4. Not happening. Better to fire now and give the next guy a season before all the cupcakes arrive in 2017. Get caught with our pants down in 2017 and we literally might not ever become relevant again.

Why is it always the assumption that if CU manages a close loss, something they have raised to an art form BTW, that CU played up to their competition rather than their competition played down to them? If it breaks either way 50% of the time, that means CU is really ****ty and nowhere close to being a real P12 team. I guess that is why most folks look at the W-L record.....

I do not see what the point of holding on to a guy is once you've identified that he isn't the guy, unless the team faces binding financial constraints.

I do not see what the point of holding on to a guy is once you've identified that he isn't the guy, unless the team faces binding financial constraints.
It depends who is available. This next hire cant be anything but an improvement, or the program will really be in trouble. The fans are walking away already. I don't think you can make a change for the sake of making a change in our situation. We have been down for too long.

I keep harping on this, but look at our wins. Against teams with a combined 14-32 record. That includes a miraculous win against our in-state rival, a big win at home over a bad MAC program, a nail biter against a terrible OSU team, and an expected blowout against a awful 1-AA program. Nothing praise worthy there. None of those speak to me as "turning the corner" wins. We're progressing, but so is every other team in the Pac 12...and faster than us it seems. I don't believe this team will buy into MM's philosophy that "we're almost there" yet again next season. That bridge is burned. This team needs a change of some sort otherwise I feel we'll see a worse season than this next year.

How many teams did UTAH beat that they out-recruited? Or WSU?

Getting out of the cellar involves things besides recruiting. We fell short of that which is more relevant. That's the biggest issue. Same mistakes, different year.

ST, OL, & WR are dragging this team down. Ross is small, isn't fantastic in space and has board hands. Would not start at 119 other D1 schools.

Zimmer's parting shot was "Changes need to be made..." He said whether it's coaches or players, changes need to be made. I took it as meaning assistant coaches.

It depends who is available. This next hire cant be anything but an improvement, or the program will really be in trouble. The fans are walking away already. I don't think you can make a change for the sake of making a change in our situation. We have been down for too long.
The fans walked away a long time ago. Embree was the bottom. Getting blown out by any decent team for 10 years did that. We are more competitive now than many teams, but that won't bring them back.

M2 coming back next year is not a good choice. Today just solidified it but they will not win next year either. We have not out recruited anyone so who are we going to pass up? Unless Montez is the second coming and steps in as a savior, MM is going to get fired next year and with the huge class for 17, that is a huge problem.

I am so damn tired of this crappy football and we are not close to being an average Pac 12 team. 10 teams are going to bowls from the Pac...10 and we are not one of them.
Mac coming back is the only choice unless the hand of God drops a big time guy in our lap. Just getting rid of Mac for the sake of it is not a good plan.

How many teams did UTAH beat that they out-recruited? Or WSU?

Getting out of the cellar involves things besides recruiting. We fell short of that which is more relevant. That's the biggest issue. Same mistakes, different year.

ST, OL, & WR are dragging this team down. Ross is small, isn't fantastic in space and has board hands. Would not start at 119 other D1 schools.
You last sentence sounds like we need better recruiting.

If CU can land a quality replacement, Les Miles or another proven winner, then time for MikMac to the ice floe. If not, I would vote keep him and hope CU can actually beat somebody other than St. Copius of NW Nebraska.

No matter what Chuck's kid has to go.

Are we better. Yes, much better than the last three years if you're measurement is in how competitive we are.

However, good teams win close games, and bad teams lose them. We are a bad team. And I'm ****ing sick of being a fan of a bad team.
We are better on D. Considerably worse on o. Special teams are a JOKE.

But yeah, we're "better"

Not highly complicated.

M2 comes back next year.

All those big 2 star recruits coming in this year will definitely get the next coach to the pac 12 ccg.

I mean, look at all the o linemen coming in.

Dominant.

Back