What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

4-0 #23 Colorado Buffaloes v 5-0 Air Force Falcons - GAME THREAD

This is the game of the year for a solid AFA team. You gotta be ready to get everyone's best shot when you're ranked.

Why in the hell am I seeing empty seats in the first 5 to 10 rows? If these people who bought season tickets can't get to the games then put the students in the front rows all the way around the court like Duke does!

Buffs win 89-74. Solid win over an AFA squad that will win their share and make some noise in the MWC this season. Will post my analysis a little later before my gf kills me

last play: Ski has the ball on a clear breakaway, easy dunk, with 25 seconds left. Instead, he pulls up, backs the ball up and runs out the clock. Great sportsmanship, that will get him a lot friends, from players and coaches, in the media and in the award voting too. Nicce to see

Jelly showed what he can do tonight. Real breakout game: 20 points, 7 boards. Dre went into beastmode as well, with 18 points 13 boards. Ski and Dinwiddie each gave us 15points and 7 boards. I was impressed with Stalzer -- kid can knock them down from range when he gets the good look. 6 points for him tonight.

We absolutely DOMINATED the boards. Buffs had a 45-17 edge. Yes, you read that correctly.

Also encouraging, we shot 78.6% from the charity stripe (22/28) tonight. Let's keep that up.

Overall, a solid win. We had some lapses on D (especially in the first half, we struggled). Also want to get the turnovers down (15 tonight). However, this was a win by a comfortable margin over an AFA team that is going to win their share of games this year and be in the thick of it in a strong MWC.

Hopefully we see the Buffs enter the top 20 of the AP and the top 25 in the Coaches.

Let's take care of business against Texas Southern before BIG games @ Wyoming and in the Keg against CSU.

Air Force is not an overly big team but CU finally got some offensive boards in a game for the first time this year.

I don't think the D was actually that bad in the first half, they hit 11-17 from 3, halves like that are going to happen and they catch up to you in the other one where they went 1-13. The defense may have not had a hand up a couple of times in the first half but they weren't leaving guys wide open. Several were from a couple steps behind the 3pt line as well. Tad said that they were going to take away the back cuts and let them have the 3, so the players were doing what tey were being told, they just did a better job of getting a hand up in the second half.

Air Force takes care of the ball, I think they only had 1 TO in the first half, this is a disciplined team that doesn't force shots.

Dre had his best game of the year, he was active on the glass early and just had a aura about him and let his offense come to him. He also is able to dominate teams that aren't as athletic as him which AF certainly wasn't.

Ski struggles against the zone, he was able to get into the lane a couple times but when that zone sags in the middle he just doesn't know where to go. CU is going to see a lot more zone, I am surprised we didn't see any in Charleston.

Great crowd tonight, the students were there early.

Yeah zone defenses are tricky with the way we are built. I love our guards but tonight was the first night I saw them passing well into the post and Scott dominated. In previous games, it reminded me of Dirk and the Mavs when Stackhouse, Harris, and Terry failed to get the ball into Dirk in good position and he struggled to ever find his rhythm. If they run the ball through Scott early and he learns to pass it out of double teams, we will have cut down on a major weakness in previous years, which was easy halfcourt offense when defenses slow us down in March.

We do turn the ball over too much but almost identically to the Nuggets, we run a fast offense with lots of passing and creation from guards. Our depth and conditioning are what makes it unfair to play in Boulder. Just kind of a risk with the offensive styles.

Back