1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Oklahoma player suspended.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by FLounder, May 9, 2012.

1. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

ESPN just broke news that Ole' Bobby suspended 4 players. "Four Oklahoma football players, including receivers Jaz Reynolds,
    Trey Franks and Kameel Jackson, have been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops
    announced Wednesday night."

Now Sooner insiders tell me that Franks is out all season and Reynolds is out for about 7 games.
    And Jackson just tweeted hes transferring out. Reynolds started 6 games and was the 3rd leading receiver on the team.
    Jackson started the Insight Bowl. Given our skimpy depth at WR, would you want the coaching staff to recruit any of these guys?

IMO I would target Reynolds, but if he doesnt want to transfer out then I believe Jackson would still be a major upgrade.

Jackson was a 4* WR (c/o 11') - 6'0"
    ESPN- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/101255/kameel-jackson

Reynolds was (c/o 09') - 6'3"
    ESPN- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/58704/jazmon-reynolds

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I don't know. If Stoops is willing to punish them that severely, they must have done something pretty bad. Would you really want to take something like that on?

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

If any could play this year... Yes. Otherwise, don't see a lot of value in a transfer

4. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Paul Richardson....

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

weren't the charges against him either dropped or reduced? At any rate, I think you have to take each kid with issues on a case by case basis.

6. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I think there is a difference between UCLA and OU. I also think there is a difference between a player who just got on campus and hasn't even started fall practice and a player who has been in the program for a while.

7. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

They musta brought him his weekly bag o' dicks in the wrong flavors.

chitownbuff likes this.
  8. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

They could have been overly proud of the fact that they had chins.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Jackson tweeted he was transferring to A&M several days ago and it sounded like A&M was not interested.

10. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Jackson is so Aggy.

11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Media sources are reporting all have been suspended for violating team rules -- http://newsok.com/ou-football-trey-franks-jaz-reynolds-among-four-suspended/article/3674029. Here's a synopsis for those who are "click" challenged:

Trey Franks (wr) -- suspended 2 games last year for violating "unspecified" team rules.

Jaz Reynolds (wr) -- suspended for insensitive tweets about the gunman at UT; redshirted that year. Suspended 1 game last year for violating team rules.

Jameel Jackson (wr) -- didn't participate in spring practices this year, reasons were not given. He then announced he was transferring to ATM. gAggies claimed the his announcement was the first they'd heard of his transfer intentions.

from behind the scenes: (warning *** rumor alert ***)
    1. DB Hayes couldn't get/earn playing time. 2. This was NOT strike one for any of the 3 receivers. Word on the streets is that these suspensions are for continued MJ use. Another rumor has it that drug tests may have played a role.

Stooopsy is doing a little house cleaning down Norman way.

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

What do you have to do to get booted from the Sooners? My guess is the threshold for bad behavior is lower in Norman than Boulder. PRich was a special case. He was pretty mild on the bad-o-meter. My guess is these guys are probably higher than Bob Marley 24/7. That is not going to work at CU, unless you are a non student athlete, where it would be a badge of honor.