What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

4 things that lost the game today

Situational awareness is not getting much better.
I don't want to rag on Sefo too much because I'd definitely take him over anyone else we've had back there since Klatt, but I'd like to see much more of a sense of urgency when the clock is a factor. He doesn't rush his teammates to the line and hurry the snap count like he should. He also checks down too much in crunch time. Having said that, we look like an actual PAC-12 team. Aside from the CSU debacle, I'm pleased with the progress I'm seeing so far this year. Now we just need to pull an upset during this tough upcoming stretch.

Gillam was better today but Daigh made a huge play. This team's biggest issues were the back judge. He can eat a big dick flavored Popsicle. The other issue was the slow start in 1st and 3rd quarters. This team is much better. We haven't lost by this little in the first 3 conference games in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add Sefo's INT. You can't give an offense in this league a short field like that. We gift wrapped OSU a TD.

On the slow start - First possesion of the game Sefo had a reciever wide open down the middle. Would have been 30 yards easy and maybe a lot more but he threw the ball into the ground. Could have set the tone for the game right there.

I had that in #1 on the slow start stuff.

This team should be 4-2 right now with a CHANCE at a bowl game. Yes, I said two weeks ago they wouldn't win another game but damn, so close and this program,fans,players, everyone concerning CU needed this last two games. Not just for being 4-2 but confidence and getting the fans back.

The defense shows flashes but a weak LB core (gillam being hurt really hurts) and not much of a pass rush hurts. CU has got to better on 3rd down defense and as I said from day 1, Baer is not the guy.

CU seems to start off slow in the 2nd half of games. Too bad, this team could be 4-2, only thing left is to keep fighting and improving.

go buffs

We beat the 2 bad teams on our schedule.

Our 4 losses:

CSU is 4-1
ASU is 4-1
Cal is 4-1
OSU is 4-1

Upcoming games:

USC 3-2
UCLA 4-1
Washington 4-1
Arizona 5-0
Oregon 4-1
Utah 4-1

This is a brutal schedule this season.

Our 4 losses:

CSU is 4-1
ASU is 4-1
Cal is 4-1
OSU is 4-1

Upcoming games:

USC 3-2
UCLA 4-1
Washington 4-1
Arizona 5-0
Oregon 4-1
Utah 4-1

Yep, the second half of the schedule is brutal, that's why these last two losses are killers.

Our 4 losses:

CSU is 4-1
ASU is 4-1
Cal is 4-1
OSU is 4-1

Upcoming games:

USC 3-2
UCLA 4-1
Washington 4-1
Arizona 5-0
Oregon 4-1
Utah 4-1

We're trying to get our head above water at the most difficult possible time. I know it's sacrilege to say this, but I really wish the Pac would decline a little over the next few years. I've tried to explain how brutal our conference is to the ACC crowd, where anyone can stumble into 6 wins because 12 of the 14 teams in the conference are non-ranked mediocre to bad. And it doesn't affect their recruiting. Hardly want to become the ACC, but ****, give us one damn conference game we can confidently view as a win.

Nov 26, 2011 Fresno, Calif. San Jose State 27, Fresno State 24
Nov 19, 2011 San Jose, Calif. San Jose State 27, Navy 24
Nov 12, 2011 Logan, Utah Utah State 34, San Jose State 33
Nov 05, 2011 San Jose, Calif. Idaho 32, San Jose State 29
Oct 29, 2011 Ruston, La. Louisiana Tech 38, San Jose State 28
Oct 14, 2011 San Jose, Calif. San Jose State 28, Hawaii 27
Oct 08, 2011 Provo, Utah BYU Cougars 29, San Jose State 16
Oct 01, 2011 Fort Collins, Colo. San Jose State 38, Colorado State 31
Sep 24, 2011 San Jose, Calif. San Jose State 34, New Mexico State 24
Sep 17, 2011 San Jose, Calif. Nevada 17, San Jose State 14
Sep 10, 2011 Pasadena, CA UCLA 27, San Jose State 17
Sep 03, 2011 Stanford, CA Stanford 57, San Jose State 3

Mac had quite a few close ones his second season at SJSU. I know the WAC isn't the PAC12, but I have hope this staff knows how to take the team to the next level, as they won 11 games the following year.

Mac had quite a few close ones his second season at SJSU. I know the WAC isn't the PAC12, but I have hope this staff knows how to take the team to the next level, as they won 11 games the following year.

As mentioned above, it is very difficult to see a big jump wih as tough of a Conference as the Pac-12 is. In the WAC it is a lot easier to have a 9 to 11 win season. But the payoff for that type of year is much smaller

This team should be 4-2 right now with a CHANCE at a bowl game. Yes, I said two weeks ago they wouldn't win another game but damn, so close and this program,fans,players, everyone concerning CU needed this last two games. Not just for being 4-2 but confidence and getting the fans back.

The defense shows flashes but a weak LB core (gillam being hurt really hurts) and not much of a pass rush hurts. CU has got to better on 3rd down defense and as I said from day 1, Baer is not the guy.

CU seems to start off slow in the 2nd half of games. Too bad, this team could be 4-2, only thing left is to keep fighting and improving.

go buffs

Ah, Syko has moved into the acceptance phase!

Just kidding, you are on the mark and it is nice seeing a non-knee jerk reaction from you. You wear your heart on your sleeve more than most and it was easy to see the heart wrenching losses tearing at you. I'm with ya. It is harder seeing games lost you feel you should have won rather than games you lost before they started. Harder, but infinitely better. CU is getting closer. Kids have to learn to seal the deal. Get the killer instinct to go up three scores and go for more instead of going prevent or playing it safe. Whatever you did to go up two scores...keep doing it. Don't change a thing.

He got ass-raped by officials. OSU got to him just before the ball consistently, but didn't get flagged. Spruce was clearly OSU focus. McCollugh was open all day

So two thing he can do. Get better at catching the ball in tight coverage, or he can be like Decker and go all out selling the contact.

So two thing he can do. Get better at catching the ball in tight coverage, or he can be like Decker and go all out selling the contact.

Agree. He has improved leaps and bounds, but he will need to make some of those catches despite contact to become great. Good route runner and strong hands. I am not a fan of the begging for flags approach.

They were pressing Spruce all day. Not quite fast enough to run over top and it doesn't allow him space to run his routes.

What about Josh "two-play" Tupou. For someone that was supposedly going pro after this year, he isn't even a 3 down DT. They sub him out for Norgard on ever 3rd down. I specifically watched him yesterday and he is just not good. 6'3 310lbs doesn't make you a good DT. They weren't even double teaming him. OVERRATED.

We're trying to get our head above water at the most difficult possible time. I know it's sacrilege to say this, but I really wish the Pac would decline a little over the next few years. I've tried to explain how brutal our conference is to the ACC crowd, where anyone can stumble into 6 wins because 12 of the 14 teams in the conference are non-ranked mediocre to bad. And it doesn't affect their recruiting. Hardly want to become the ACC, but ****, give us one damn conference game we can confidently view as a win.

2015 gives the Buffs a window, I think. Most of the conference loses a veteran QB to the NFL.

Teams that will return their QB: Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Utah, Washington

We miss Cal and Washington from the North on our schedule.

Back