What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

48,111 vs 16,811

Now that Urban's out of the picture - any rumors on who CSU is targeting for their new coach?

Nick Saban or Chip Kelley.

There's some at CSU who think it might be better to hire Bill Belichick and that way they could have Saban coach the defense with Kelley coach the offense. They'd like a bit more balance than either Saban or Kelley would deliver on his own.

Nick Saban or Chip Kelley.

There's some at CSU who think it might be better to hire Bill Belichick and that way they could have Saban coach the defense with Kelley coach the offense. They'd like a bit more balance than either Saban or Kelley would deliver on his own.

Were those the same guys that were suggesting Les Miles would be leaving LSU to become the CU coach?

That is my one fear for CSU-Pueblo, is to lose HC Wristen to CSU-Fort Collins. I wouldn't begrudge him if he left, and I would hope he could be successful in turning the Rams around (at least to be an above average MWC team), but I'm sure he would take a lot of his staff with him and we would be scrambling to hold onto the momentum he built.

Don't think Wristen would be interested in the Ft. Collins job. If/when he leaves it will be for another job where he sees the ability to build a winner and step up again. Ft. Collins is a coaches graveyard right now, lack of support, lack of talent on the roster, lousy budgets, terrible history and tradition.

He would make a lot more money but it would effectively end his coaching career barring a miracle, and he doesn't see himself as a miracle worker, just a hard worker who takes advantage of what is available to him.

Now that Urban's out of the picture - any rumors on who CSU is targeting for their new coach?

Earl Bruce is coming around for a second stint....

images

The new CSU coach visited the campus and watched practice earlier this year. The perfect guy is . . . . . .

Dan Hawkins. .:wow:

A CSU fan trying to compare both programs? P A T H E T I C. Don't waste your breath Lammie. Your program is a wreck on so many levels it is hilarious. Folks have already accurately chimed in that your attendance smack talk is downright idiocy. Is Colorado down right now? Yes, which makes the fans support we are seeing that much more impressive. At the end of the Hawkins era we were still drawing similar crowds and your program can't even fill 50% of your high school stadium.

The difference between our programs? Besides the absolutely massive difference in fan support? How about we have our new coaching staff and are providing them with the resources they need. We are now in a conference that is absolutely perfect for Colorado academically, athletically, and culturally. Colorado has a lot of upward mobility in the Pac 12. There isn't a Texas, OU, and Nebraska to compete with, just SC. Oh and when the Pac 12 network is up for a couple of years, we may eclipse $30M a year in television revenue which will probably be more than the MWC and CUSA total conference revenue COMBINED, not kidding. The MW is a piss poor stepping stone conference that is only getting weaker. Colorado has a history of solid if not spectacular success over the last century, CSU...not so much.

Compare the state flagship to the state safety school and prepare to get pwned. By the way, I used to actually root for CSU back before they made a holy war against Colorado and the average CSU "fan" wants Colorado to lose more than they want CSU to win. I hope CSU loses every game the rest of this year(which it looks like they will). Sorry to be harsh, its not personal to you, but you came on my fan site and started flapping your gums before really thinking about your argument.

CU's attendance has held up remarkably well considering the past 5+ seasons. Certainly no other Pac12 school would continue to draw 50k in light of football misery parallel to ours. Frankly, outside of that elite few of LSU's and Alabama's, no school would have done much, if any, better than CU during similar struggles. Look no further than OU and Texas during their struggles in the 90s. Bottom line: there's no comparing CU and CSU in terms of attendance, there's just no argument to be made when CU draws at least 3x the fans with tickets being twice as expensive.

We are now in a conference that is absolutely perfect for Colorado academically, athletically, and culturally.
By the way, I used to actually root for CSU back before they made a holy war against Colorado and the average CSU "fan" wants Colorado to lose more than they want CSU to win.

That first sentence is one of the few things CU and CSU have in common. The conference they're in is the perfect fit for them, too. Or at least it will be once TCU and Boise leave and there's nothing left but the leftovers...

As for the second sentence, I totally agree. I remember rooting hard for CSU in that game where they beat a #1 ranked Arizona game, and in some of their bowl games. But seeing CSU fandom more interested in rooting against CU than rooting for CSU, year after year, turned me against them. I actually have a nephew at CSU right now. He came home from his orientation telling me how he had been told all about how much they hate CU, and how all the statues on campus have their ass ends turned to face toward Boulder. I just had to laugh.... laugh and make sure that his CU hoodie got packed in his clothes when he was ready to leave for school... :lol:

CC, no one is blaming you for abandoning CSU fpr Iowa - it's only logical. But comparing CU to CSU is just desparately weak sauce.

Were those the same guys that were suggesting Les Miles would be leaving LSU to become the CU coach?

We joke about that, but there actually were discussions and interest along with money being pledged. A big thing that bogged it down is something that hurts our in-state programs across the board... we don't have enough multi-year contracts available for coaches. It's pretty hard to get and retain top staffs if they don't have ties to the program. We probably could have gotten Les Miles to come to CU if he hadn't cared who his staff was going to be.

We joke about that, but there actually were discussions and interest along with money being pledged. A big thing that bogged it down is something that hurts our in-state programs across the board... we don't have enough multi-year contracts available for coaches. It's pretty hard to get and retain top staffs if they don't have ties to the program. We probably could have gotten Les Miles to come to CU if he hadn't cared who his staff was going to be.

he also does actually have a connection to CU since he coached here in the past.

To be fair... there were definitely people around here that said Mike Shanahan was coming here..

Considering what is happening in Washington, Shanny might wish he was here.

Every college fan base is somewhat delusional, it's just a question of how big are the delusions.

Les Miles was unlikely but possible for CU, Shannahan was less likely but not outside the realm of possibilities. Urban Meyer to CSU has absolutely no chance of happening.

It's all relative.

Considering what is happening in Washington, Shanny might wish he was here.

Every college fan base is somewhat delusional, it's just a question of how big are the delusions.

Les Miles was unlikely but possible for CU, Shannahan was less likely but not outside the realm of possibilities. Urban Meyer to CSU has absolutely no chance of happening.

It's all relative.

this.

at the very least there were understandable arguments one could make about shanny or miles being interested in CU. shanny wanting to stay in colorado having a business here and miles stating that the best place he ever lived was colorado (or something like that) and miles having coached at CU. realistic? probably not but at least it had some basis for consideration however slight that might have been.

the ideas that ewe fans have are so far beyond anything even approaching reality it is just amazing.

Meyer coached at CSU too. I'm not saying Meyer to CSU = Shanny to CU, but they're both pretty ridiculous. We're just talking extra 0s for the probability of Meyer to CSU.

The problem CSU has is that the coach they have may be the best one they can realistically expect to ever get.

The problem CSU has is that the coach they have may be the best one they can realistically expect to ever get.

I think that was their problem when they had the last coach. Their problem now is that this was probably the best replacement they could have found for him, and it's only going downhill from here...

Back