What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#5 Colorado vs. #1 Arizona - Friday, 7pm MST - Let's talk about it

It would be a good thing not to start the game 0-16 from the field this go round vs cats. We shot much better today which bodes well for our prospects in the big dance.

Buffs are playing with house money tomorrow so let's tee it up and keep maturing the youngsters.

So hypothetical, would you take a CU win and a Pac-12 championship if it meant an exit after the first game in the NCAAT? Or a loss tomorrow and 1 win in the NCAAT

My answer entirely depends upon how big the margin of victory is against Arizona and whoever the Buffs face in the final.

If CU were to miraculously find a way to avenge our Zona loss with a 30+ point blow out and then do it again against UCLA or whoever else advances, that would make for some serious bragging rights. I'm talking about a signature blow-out punctuated by tomahawks, ooops, and highlight reel posterization dunks.

But squeezing out a couple more 59-56 down to the wire games to win the Pac tourney only to be one-and-done at the big dance does nothing for me.

I was a UA BB fan up until a few weeks ago. Even applied there as my safety safety school. Sat next to Lute Olson when he came to my HS to recruit our big center- Kevin Flanagan. From that point on, they were my PAC BB program since I disliked fUCLA so. But now.... nope. Not even a little.

What changed?

I have always liked zona basketball but now that we are in the Pac 12 and we have been exposed to their fanbase.... that has definitely changed. F**k the chards.

You'll be hard pressed to find likable fans of any successful program. If you think the fans of any other powerhouse are any better, it's only because you haven't had to deal with them as often.

And yes, if Colorado ever got to Arizona's level, you guys would be hated too. I'm not slamming you guys or Arizona fans. It is what it is.

Tomorrow is a very tall order. This is the Buffs 3rd game in 3 days, while the chards played 1/2 a game yesterday (by the end, the trainers and pom pom girls finishing off the yoots). Everything points to az coasting to the conference tourney final.

But if there was one word that could describe Tad Boyle's teams this time of year, it would have to be grit.

I hope tomorrow's game is really sandy.

You'll be hard pressed to find likable fans of any successful program. If you think the fans of any other powerhouse are any better, it's only because you haven't had to deal with them as often.

And yes, if Colorado ever got to Arizona's level, you guys would be hated too. I'm not slamming you guys or Arizona fans. It is what it is.

:lol:

Once upon a time, Colorado had a pretty good football program. The Buffs fans back in the day were adorable.

So why exactly do UofA fans feel compelled to "deal" with fans? Y'all should come around and embrace college fans of various corners of the NCAA universe instead of feeling compelled to assert who gets to sit at the kiddy table.

Tomorrow is a very tall order. This is the Buffs 3rd game in 3 days, while the chards played 1/2 a game yesterday (by the end, the trainers and pom pom girls finishing off the yoots). Everything points to az coasting to the conference tourney final.

But if there was one word that could describe Tad Boyle's teams this time of year, it would have to be grit.

I hope tomorrow's game is really sandy.

If you're right, the headline on AllBuffs will be, "Buffs sandy - snatch victory by shredding ***********"

:lol:

Once upon a time, Colorado had a pretty good football program. The Buffs fans back in the day were adorable.

So why exactly do UofA fans feel compelled to "deal" with fans? Y'all should come around and embrace college fans of various corners of the NCAA universe instead of feeling compelled to assert who gets to sit at the kiddy table.

Well I personally never come here to fight. I enjoy seeing the opposition's perspective and chiming in here and there in a respectful way. I can't speak for everyone in the fanbase though. Winning breeds arrogance and I think a lot of people feel like they might as well beat their chests while they can.

But the truth is sustained winning is going to irritate other fans no matter how classy the coaches, players, or fans try to be. It's not possible to win and be liked. It's one or the other.

Your football program being good must have been before my time. :lol:

Last edited:

Actually it's the insecurity of Arizona fans that makes you so detestable. Blue blood fans can be annoying, but they aren't insecure.

zona is not a blue blood but their fans convince themselves that they are.

What do you think we are right now? I'm of the belief a single win or loss doesn't move you up or down more than one entire seed..

Except that we'd be beating the RPI #1 and likely #2 overall seed on a neutral court. There are wins, and then there are WINS. This is a case where a loss doesn't change anything, but a win does.

Except that we'd be beating the RPI #1 and likely #2 overall seed on a neutral court. There are wins, and then there are WINS. This is a case where a loss doesn't change anything, but a win does.
soo, a must win or must must win?

Hierarchy goes like this:

1. Sweet 16 or better
2. Conference regular season title
3. Conference tourney title
4. At-large bid to the Dance
5. Anything else you can spin as a positive -- signature wins, preseason tourney title, etc.... but we're at the point where this stuff is bells & whistles for the resume... if it's the best the Buffs achieve it was a poor season
Where's the CBI?

Ok so what seed would CU get if the Tourney were held today?

Ucla fans must love zona fans. The biggest case of penile envy in the history of sports. It must make the bruins laugh. The envy is so pronounced that the kitties even come here to remind us that they believe themselves to be historically significant and elite. Even though I have previously posted the hard cold stats and records that demonstrate that Arizona is a nice little program, nothing more.

Basically Arizona is to basketball what kstate is to football.

And the fact that they need to tell us, a historically awful bb program, that we aren't as good as them the last few years, when we've just become somewhat relevant, is sad and telling.

I guess the sunshine in Arizona causes penises to shrivel and brains to fry

Back