1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

55 catches, 650 yards, 4 TDs

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Helluva sophomore season for Nelson Spruce. My favorite player on the team.

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

he had a great season. I am hoping we can find a deep threat so he can do work.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

7 career TDs gives him a shot of passing Scotty's career record of 22

1,200 career yards puts him close to the pace for passing Westbrook's career record of 2,548

99 career catches puts him close to the pace for passing Scotty's career record of 215

I'm not saying that Spruce is going to go down as the greatest WR to ever wear the black & gold. Offenses change and stats aren't apples to apples. But at the end of his career, there's a real possibility that he'll own the 3 major career records for a CU receiver.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Duff, I'm sure your sentiments are shared by Sefo as well.

Having a receiver who has a knack for getting open and catching the tough passes makes life way easier for a young QB.

5. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Geez, I didn't realize his numbers were that good this year. That is a very solid season.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Terrific year for him. Can't wait to see what he does next year. hope some of the young guns are ready to take the pressure off him.

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

So who is better, Scotty or Spruce? Am I wrong to think that Scotty was actually a better deep threat? IIRC he caught a couple long bombs on post routes from Cody

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Partly because nobody covered deep since they didn't believe that Cody could or would throw it that far.:lol:

Actually Scotty did probably have a little better top end speed than Spruce but my biased view is that Spruce is going to end up being a much better reciever than Scotty was all around.

9. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

I think Spruce is a bit bigger and tougher than Scotty, but less of a deep threat.