1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

65?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sliderNcider, Oct 25, 2008.

1. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

How in the world did this offense ever score 65 points in one game last year? We lost very little from last year. What happened?

2. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

We don't have an offensive line for one.

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Clownahan and Kevin Cosgrove aren't on the other team's sidelines..

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

We still managed to score over 40 points in two other games. At this point that looks almost impossible. I still can't figure it out, and the OL isn't the only excuse

5. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

New scheme is an utter failure...

That's the problem. Or one of them.

CU is more talented on offense than they were last year at skill positions by far... DS and RS blow away Hugh and company at RB at the very least.

The O-line also sucks really, really badly. I've had classes with one of our guards, at least, and he does not look like a BCS football player...

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Didn't pass the old eye test eh?:lol:

7. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Does any one else notice that the offense is COMPLETELY different than last year? In fact, it's the 3rd different offense they've run in Hawk's 3 years. What was wrong with last years offense? Lining up in the I, rotating recievers and tight ends, boot legs, etc... It's completely different? This is not new and improved. It's not because the O-Line is beat up, they changed it before all the injuries... They need to go back to the Boise Offense, because they had success at it. This joke of a scheme they're running is a laughable.

I know college is going in the direction of the spread, but (and I hate to say it) when Cody Crawford is your leading receiver, you don't have the personnel to run the spread. And I'm so sick of the predictable running blind up the center's @ss from the gun. Yeah it works for Mizzou and KU, but it's because they are a pass first team that opens up the run. It is VERY clear that we are most productive running out of the I, injured or not.