What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/10 Newcomers Practice Report

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Dropped by on a whim since I got back way to late today to do anything I had planned. Practice was in shells.

As expected, a rough practice with all the noobs (with some vets sprinkled in, including B-Lock, Cefalo, Major, and Sale etc.

First, Simmons did not practice. ****. Wasn't even there until halfway through. Scared the **** out of me cause I thought he might have gone home. Lots of guys were dropping by, including McKnight, Simas, and even Cody (in a hoody, sweatshorts, and ****ing UGG SLIPPERS :wtf: on an 85 degree sunny day). Cody without pads on is a small small dood. Amazes me that he can play div 1 ball at all.

Second, Kasa is HUGE. Got to see him up close. Holy ****. However, when they did O v D, I watched him for 2 plays and he got handled. Only 2 plays tho. Looks ready to play on the eyeball test fors ure.

Devaughn thorton (sp, sorry) looks like the real deal. Very athletic, and thick. Practiced with TE's. Had a nice catch off a tipped pass.

Major is BACK, looked solid.

Clark Evans was not the best QB out there today imho, that was Seth Lobato. Way to skinny to play right away (he would get killed!), but I am very excited to see what he can do in a year or two. The ball just zips when it comes from him. Sidearm delivery, if fixed, is only thing (besides being scary skinny) too dislike about how he looks. Didn't get tos ee him run with the offense sadly, had to go. #13 looked out of place :(.

Got to see a lot of the wideouts. Darden had a circus catch, but Hawk was on him a bit. He jumps into the air on every catch almost, and given that he is HUGE, it looks sort of silly when he jumps for a ball into his chest :lol:. TD looks like teh awesome. He is smooth man.

Finally got tos ee Will Jeff! He was constantly dropping punts in the drill I saw... Had a few outbursts. Very emotional, intense guy. Should be interesting to see how (if) he affects the lineup. Puts a lot of effort in. Runs strong. Seems extremely focused on every facet of what he is doing. Probably overthought those punts a bit.

That is it for now. I might even drop by tomorrows pads practice.

God it is good to see the new WR's...

You should not be worried about Evans. Everyone put way too many expectations on the kid and expected him to look like a star right away. Give him a couple years in the system and he should be ready to go. JMO.

Dropped by on a whim since I got back way to late today to do anything I had planned. Practice was in shells.

As expected, a rough practice with all the noobs (with some vets sprinkled in, including B-Lock, Cefalo, Major, and Sale etc.

First, Simmons did not practice. ****. Wasn't even there until halfway through. Scared the **** out of me cause I thought he might have gone home. Lots of guys were dropping by, including McKnight, Simas, and even Cody (in a hoody, sweatshorts, and ****ing UGG SLIPPERS :wtf: on an 85 degree sunny day). Cody without pads on is a small small dood. Amazes me that he can play div 1 ball at all.

Second, Kasa is HUGE. Got to see him up close. Holy ****. However, when they did O v D, I watched him for 2 plays and he got handled. Only 2 plays tho. Looks ready to play on the eyeball test fors ure.

Devaughn thorton (sp, sorry) looks like the real deal. Very athletic, and thick. Practiced with TE's. Had a nice catch off a tipped pass.

Major is BACK, looked solid.

Clark Evans was not the best QB out there today imho, that was Seth Lobato. Way to skinny to play right away (he would get killed!), but I am very excited to see what he can do in a year or two. The ball just zips when it comes from him. Sidearm delivery, if fixed, is only thing (besides being scary skinny) too dislike about how he looks. Didn't get tos ee him run with the offense sadly, had to go. #13 looked out of place :(.

Got to see a lot of the wideouts. Darden had a circus catch, but Hawk was on him a bit. He jumps into the air on every catch almost, and given that he is HUGE, it looks sort of silly when he jumps for a ball into his chest :lol:. TD looks like teh awesome. He is smooth man.

Finally got tos ee Will Jeff! He was constantly dropping punts in the drill I saw... Had a few outbursts. Very emotional, intense guy. Should be interesting to see how (if) he affects the lineup. Puts a lot of effort in. Runs strong. Seems extremely focused on every facet of what he is doing. Probably overthought those punts a bit.

That is it for now. I might even drop by tomorrows pads practice.

God it is good to see the new WR's...

Thanks & Nice report!!! Did you get a chance to see special taems? Or goodman practicing FG's?

You should not be worried about Evans. Everyone put way too many expectations on the kid and expected him to look like a star right away. Give him a couple years in the system and he should be ready to go. JMO.
I am not worried at all. Just saying what I saw. Hes a true frosh, and he looks like it when throwing. Needs some work on that delivery (he tends to release to late, causing the ball to dive, and one of the reasons it is so slow), but damn he should do A-OK with a few years.

Positive report on Rivals about Orms. Did you get to see him snowbuff? Thanks for the report by the way.

Positive report on Rivals about Orms. Did you get to see him snowbuff? Thanks for the report by the way.
saw Orms practicing catching kicks. He was also working with the WR's... innnteresting. Looked slim but quick as hell! :thumbsup:

No bonsu (to many players to watch!)

All the reports on Evans seem to agree.

- Doesn't look to be in peak shape
- Throwing motion is too long
- Not throwing a consistent ball
- Footwork seems awkward

And we can all give a look back to his HS game film and take a collective deep breath:

- Just finished HS a few weeks ago so he's rusty
- Just got to campus so he's adjusting and getting to know his teammates and playbook
- Played in a shotgun spread so all the footwork on drops and handoffs is new to him

[video=youtube;71U0Bp5IvwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71U0Bp5IvwU[/video]

Evans isn't supposed to be tim tebow.The evans/chuck norris thing is funny but he has a lot of work to do. He's got the size and talent, just needs some work on his throwing/release from all reports.

He should be alright.

I've hears negative things about Evans. Should I be worried?

Yeah you should be worried about........your sources---they SUCK eggs!:wow:

Sheesh! :wtf:The guy's been here four days and on Monday morning he doesn't look sharp---Oooh, I'm gonna wet my pants over that! By the bye, how'd you do this morning?

I saw him Sunday working with the whole team and he looked like a newbie, nothing less. Give him some time to get used to a new environment, some reps and some coaching, he'll be fine.

I recall a dude named Brady who never impressed anyone for five years, before exploding on the NFL scene...ain't saying Evans is a Brady, but give him time and benefit of the doubt.

Now, Lobato looked pretty good. True, he is a side-armer, but Tebow(a god) doesn't throw with a Hall of Fame motion nor did Vince Young, with both guys all the ball does is get there. Same with Lobato, it gets there.

Evans isn't supposed to be tim tebow.The evans/chuck norris thing is funny but he has a lot of work to do. He's got the size and talent, just needs some work on his throwing/release from all reports.

He should be alright.

Unfortunately the "Tebow" thing was the name of the Youtube video and was embedded. I think it's a silly comparison, too. But Evans definitely has a Big 12 skill set and I have every confidence that Kiesau will mold him into an excellent QB for us.

Sheesh! :wtf:The guy's been here four days and on Monday morning he doesn't look sharp---Oooh, I'm gonna wet my pants over that! By the bye, how'd you do this morning?

I saw him Sunday working with the whole team and he looked like a newbie, nothing less. Give him some time to get used to a new environment, some reps and some coaching, he'll be fine.

I recall a dude named Brady who never impressed anyone for five years, before exploding on the NFL scene...ain't saying Evans is a Brady, but give him time and benefit of the doubt.

Now, Lobato looked pretty good. True, he is a side-armer, but Tebow(a god) doesn't throw with a Hall of Fame motion nor did Vince Young, with both guys all the ball does is get there. Same with Lobato, it gets there.

I agree that it's way too early to be critical of him but I'll play devil's advocate. Why hype the kid so much when he hasn't played a down yet?

Second, Kasa is HUGE. Got to see him up close. Holy ****. However, when they did O v D, I watched him for 2 plays and he got handled. Only 2 plays tho .

If Kasa was handled, it was because he went up against Jack Harris who is this year's version of Bryce Givens---only BIGGER! Talk about a guy who's the real deal, Harris is it! Wouldn' be surprised to see him end up on the two-deep, even as a frosh. The dude can play! Kasa never saw anyone like him in HS!

I agree that it's way too early to be critical of him but I'll play devil's advocate. Why hype the kid so much when he hasn't played a down yet?

WHO exactly hyped him? A few jokers on this board? Yeah, that's my source for great and really accurate hype allright, the gennelmens who post here!

He did get some good write-ups as a HS QB, but that was for HS efforts against HS competition, please try to distinguish between that and the reality of college ball.

Say, I got a buddy, GTB, he says you're an ex-groundpounder, refers to you as "Kaboom"...'zat right? If so, Boo Yah!

If Kasa was handled, it was because he went up against Jack Harris who is this year's version of Bryce Givens---only BIGGER! Talk about a guy who's the real deal, Harris is it! Wouldn' be surprised to see him end up on the two-deep, even as a frosh. The dude can play! Kasa never saw anyone like him in HS!
Jack Harris was playing LT, and Kasa was attacking the right side of the line. Jack Harris looked sweet tho :thumbsup:...

However, it was just 2 plays. If he explodes past his blockers 2 plays a game, hell, thats not damn bad!

you need to chill out. I am just telling you all what I saw. Its not an informed opinion, its just what I saw. Not everything on every buff is gonna be positive, tho I wish it was. Hell, he looked better today than last time. Love the loyalty, but I don't see why you have to blow up every time something less than positive is listed.

WHO exactly hyped him? A few jokers on this board? Yeah, that's my source for great and really accurate hype allright, the gennelmens who post here!

He did get some good write-ups as a HS QB, but that was for HS efforts against HS competition, please try to distinguish between that and the reality of college ball.

Say, I got a buddy, GTB, he says you're an ex-groundpounder, refers to you as "Kaboom"...'zat right? If so, Boo Yah!

GTB is one hilarious poster, yep that's the name he gave me :lol: He hasn't posted much this past year, hope all is well with him.

Hey moron, before you start calling out people on the board how bout you have more than 30 posts. Also if you have read about it, not sure if you can even read at this point, they have said he hasn't looked great. I just asked if I should be worried because I haven't seen him personally and asked people that have seen him. Most people have said the same thing, slow release and looking like a Freshman. Sure I overrated the guy coming in, but was just curious if he looked awful. Yes the man is a freshman and I expect him to be a freshman player. I know football okay bro. Just calm your ****!

Also um are you not hyping Jack Harris. Because you are acting like he is the best lineman that has every touched the field. Has he played a down for the buffs. He's been playing against high school talent. haha Harris vs Kasa never happened. They were playing the other side of the line.

His release shouldn't be a surprise to anyone... everyone knows it looked like crap looking at his video.

Where is Moten?

Please help me if I am missing the thread in my blind ignorance.... but WTF?

His release shouldn't be a surprise to anyone... everyone knows it looked like crap looking at his video.

Where is Moten?

SIAP: Moten is back home in California waiting on a test score so that he can get through the NCAA clearinghouse. Since he's not cleared yet by the NCAA, CU can't provide any assistance (food, housing, gear, etc.). And since it may be a few weeks before the NCAA comes through and it could get very expensive for him, Moten went home.

Hopefully he gets cleared and admitted so we don't have to re-recruit him as a greyshirt. But with missing all this practice time, it's looking pretty much like a lock that Moten redshirts if/when he does get admitted and shows up.

What's the QB depth chart look like:

Hawk
Hansen
Lobato
Evans
Moten (I realize he probably won't stay at QB anyway)

Ideally you would redshirt Evans and Moten... right?

Back