What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/10 Newcomers Practice Report

What's the QB depth chart look like:

Hawk
Hansen
Lobato
Evans
Moten (I realize he probably won't stay at QB anyway)

Ideally you would redshirt Evans and Moten... right?

All of the above is my understanding, too.

Big Hawk has GOT to get this QB situation fixed up in the next recruiting cycles. I'm not throwing in the towel on the guys we have (I still like Hansen and Cody a lot), but we have to start getting some legitimate talent into that pipeline.

Edit** - I like Nick Hirschman as well... but our QB situation has felt jury-rigged 2 of the last 3 years.

Big Hawk has GOT to get this QB situation fixed up in the next recruiting cycles. I'm not throwing in the towel on the guys we have (I still like Hansen and Cody a lot), but we have to start getting some legitimate talent into that pipeline.

Correct :thumbsup:

Hey moron, before you start calling out people on the board how bout you have more than 30 posts. Also if you have read about it, not sure if you can even read at this point, they have said he hasn't looked great. I just asked if I should be worried because I haven't seen him personally and asked people that have seen him. Most people have said the same thing, slow release and looking like a Freshman. Sure I overrated the guy coming in, but was just curious if he looked awful. Yes the man is a freshman and I expect him to be a freshman player. I know football okay bro. Just calm your ****!

Oh yes, Master of the posts, at a stunning 230+. I shall bow down to your knowledge-ness!:rolleyes:

My point was not to quibble with the reporting, but rather to express concern that undue negativity was set forth, regarding the singular performance of an individual who is a mere tyro in the world of college football! Yet, further, which performance occurred, not during the rigors of a scrimmage effort, but rather as part of a simple drill or exercise.

GET IT ?? Oh, and that's MISTER Moe-ron to you!

I'd love it if Stanford looked awful this year and we were able to flip Kain Colter. Colter and Spond would give us 2 great athletes trying out at QB and 1 guy in Hirschman who is prototypical for the Kiesau/Tedford system.

I don't think we sniff a blue chip QB this cycle. 2011 cycle we should be in on one if we have a big year. It will also help that Cody will be out of eligibility since that ends the negative recruiting we've been fighting from other programs ("you'll never beat out the coach's son" B.S.).

oh yes, master of the posts, at a stunning 230+. I shall bow down to your knowledge-ness!:rolleyes:

My point was not to quibble with the reporting, but rather to express concern that undue negativity was set forth, regarding the singular performance of an individual who is a mere tyro in the world of college football! Yet, further, which performance occurred, not during the rigors of a scrimmage effort, but rather as part of a simple drill or exercise.

get it ?? oh, and that's mister moe-ron to you!

ka-booom

I'm sure Hawk is still in Hinder's ear. You never know.

Usually I'd say so, but I believe Hinder's very solid for Cal. Actually, I think he was a Cal lock from day one and just liked the recruiting attention so he kept things open for a bit. And I just don't see Kiesau going that hard trying to poach a QB from Tedford given the relationship there. If we were to flip Hinder, it would most likely have to come off of a soft sell, imo, and something dramatic would need to change on Austin's part.

Usually I'd say so, but I believe Hinder's very solid for Cal. Actually, I think he was a Cal lock from day one and just liked the recruiting attention so he kept things open for a bit. And I just don't see Kiesau going that hard trying to poach a QB from Tedford given the relationship there. If we were to flip Hinder, it would most likely have to come off of a soft sell, imo.
But you never know, as Valdez stated. Kasa was pretty solid for Florida as well.

Edit** - I like Nick Hirschman as well... but our QB situation has felt jury-rigged 2 of the last 3 years.

Not that I'm against getting some talent in the pipeline but I'm not exactly worried about how well a guy does when he steps on campus. I'm not an expert on talent but I think we have some decent players on campus. I really would like to see the staff develop the talent they have. The way you get the blue chip guys to come is to prove that you can make players out of the people you have.

Usually I'd say so, but I believe Hinder's very solid for Cal. Actually, I think he was a Cal lock from day one and just liked the recruiting attention so he kept things open for a bit. And I just don't see Kiesau going that hard trying to poach a QB from Tedford given the relationship there. If we were to flip Hinder, it would most likely have to come off of a soft sell, imo, and something dramatic would need to change on Austin's part.
Maybe this is Nick Kasa pt. 2? I thought Nick was a UF lock since his family was from Florida. But Hawkins pulled it off.

I'm hoping he see's the things CU has to offer. Close to home, and not that much depth at QB. I know he's a proud kid, but he has a better shot at getting more PT here then at Cal.

'09 Allan Bridgford 4* Position Ranking: 10
'08 Beau Sweeney3* Position Ranking: 13
'07 Brock Mansion 3* Position Ranking: 11
'06 Kevin Riley 4* Position Ranking: 6

Who knows? I think it's pretty unlikely, but I could see a scenario where CU has a big season and Hinder has a great time coming down to Folsom a couple times and staying over with Alex Wood. What would make a HUGE difference, I think, would be if Beau Sweeney won the QB battle at some point this year (post-spring depth chart has Riley, Mansion and Sweeney even). Since he's a freshman, that would mean a few years before PT was even a possibility at Cal.

The major difference I see with the Hinder and Kasa recruitments is that Kasa actually talked us up from the beginning. He really liked Hawk throughout the process, we were always #2 behind Florida. No doubt it was huge getting him to flip from Florida, but it was not completely out of left field because he had always liked us. As far as I can tell, we have barely been on Hinder's radar aside from 1-2 visits he made to Boulder. Just my take.

I'm hoping he see's the things CU has to offer. Close to home, and not that much depth at QB. I know he's a proud kid, but he has a better shot at getting more PT here then at Cal.

'09 Allan Bridgford 4* Position Ranking: 10
'08 Beau Sweeney3* Position Ranking: 13
'07 Brock Mansion 3* Position Ranking: 11
'06 Kevin Riley 4* Position Ranking: 6

I'm not seeing the value in Hinder to lament his chioce. For all his physical tools (except his weight, 175 lbs at 6'4"???), he has yet to dominate at the HS level and its not like Steamboat Spgs. is a doormat! They play some real decent HS FB there, but Hinder hasn't stood head and shoulders above his contemporaries on the field. Why not?

And for all you "But, he was so good in the elite camps" types, so was Cody! You now gonna take back all the bad stuff you've laid on him?

I'm not seeing the value in Hinder to lament his chioce. For all his physical tools (except his weight, 175 lbs at 6'4"???), he has yet to dominate at the HS level and its not like Steamboat Spgs. is a doormat! They play some real decent HS FB there, but Hinder hasn't stood head and shoulders above his contemporaries on the field. Why not?

And for all you "But, he was so good in the elite camps" types, so was Cody! You now gonna take back all the bad stuff you've laid on him?

I don't remember Valdez saying anything bad about Cody.

Clark is def #3 from the snaps he was getting. He just didn't look good. He will get better tho, he sure as hell looks the part, and he throws a damn nice deep ball. It's the short ones where his release is really apparent.

Clark is def #3 from the snaps he was getting. He just didn't look good. He will get better tho, he sure as hell looks the part, and he throws a damn nice deep ball. It's the short ones where his release is really apparent.

My source said Clark looks like he is 5th from his performance.

Wouldn't it be in Evans' best interest to redshirt in 2009 anyway? I will start to think about Clark Evans next year or the year after. I'm much more interested in Cody Hawkins and Tyler Hansen at the moment.

Wouldn't it be in Evans' best interest to redshirt in 2009 anyway? I will start to think about Clark Evans next year or the year after. I'm much more interested in Cody Hawkins and Tyler Hansen at the moment.

Yes. The immediate future of this team is tied to Cody and Hansen.

It's starting to look more and more like something other than an official transcript is keeping Simmons off the field.

nervous. very nervous. Official transcripts don't take this long. Yes, they can be a pain in the ass. But if this was all that was keeping Simmons off the field, CU would be raising holy hell with the CC over this and it would have been resolved by now.

Something ain't right. :argh:

If it not resolved by about Thursday or Friday, it is time to get worried. He will have missed a week at that point.

Back