What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/10 Newcomers Practice Report

With the position he plays, the playbook and check off routes is the easy part. Im not worried about that part at all. I just want him to get reps at D1 speed and it isnt the same as juco. Saying this, I think he could step in and start now. Who else is in his way?

I've never even implied that JUCO's never contribute. I've nothing even remotely close to that. I did say, however, that we shouldn't expect a JUCO coming in days before the season starts to be a significant contributor in his first year.

Don't lie, please.
:lol:

Riggght.

Your point is?

Because Shaun Mohler made a significant contribution his first year, we should now expect all JUCOs to do the same? Or just Simmons?

Once again, because slow readers like Snow are having a hard time comprehending:

I'm not saying Simmons won't or can't contribute significantly this year. I'm saying we should not expect him to, as he's coming in very late and has no Div1 experience.

If he puts on the pads and his education is being paid for then yes, I expect him to contribute right away particularly at a position with basically zero experience beyond 1 player (Scotty).

If Simmons gets in there is no reason why he can't and won't be a big part of the offense. Its not like he has to beat out some all-american wideouts to see the field. Being a JUCO they are not going to worry as much about redshirts. He will have plenty of time to learn the O during the WY, and Toledo games. All I care about is him being able to contribute once conference play starts.

Back