What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/11 Practice Report

Water isn't wet, it makes things wet.
ohSNAP.gif

Not sure I understand the parking uproar. If you are illegally parked, you SHOULD get a ticket.

The lot by the practice fields is used for students and staff during school semesters. The semester has not started yet. The lot belongs to the University. The University is asking people to come out and support the Football program and asking fans to attend practice and show support with no where to park besides on campus.

This is stupid.

The lot by the practice fields is used for students and staff during school semesters. The semester has not started yet. The lot belongs to the University. The University is asking people to come out and support the Football program and asking fans to attend practice and show support with no where to park besides on campus.

This is stupid.

stoopid fer schur. I took it as a slap in the face. If you aren't wanted, you don't go.

This is stupid.

Is it marked? Are there signs that specify who can park there, or whether a permit is required to park there?

If there are, and you parked there anyway - you got the ticket you deserved.

If there aren't any markings - contest the ticket.

Is it marked? Are there signs that specify who can park there, or whether a permit is required to park there?

If there are, and you parked there anyway - you got the ticket you deserved.

If there aren't any markings - contest the ticket.

There are clear markings. Trust me

I appreciate the work you guys do, so if you don't mind, I'd like to share my thoughts from practice this morning.

1. No pads, but still intense. They were getting after it at the line of scrimmage and in the secondary. There was a pretty gnarly collision on a jump ball, which Nelson Spruce came down with. "They" say a team will ultimately take on the character of its coach(s)...this will be a good thing in this situation.

2. They were focused on 2 minute drill today so a lot of passing and nickel D. Hansen is far and away the best QB, but even he looked erratic at times. Has a tendency to hang onto the ball too long, but did make some nice throws, including a beauty to Gray in the corner. Gray looks good in the slot; precise routs and good hands. Schrock and Burnette switched off running the 2nd team. I think Schrock was better today. He orchestrated one nice drive that was capped off by a Tony Jones TD run, which was designed for the A gap but he bounced it outside. Burnette OTH forced a terrible throw into coverage that was picked by Harlos (who was running w/the 2's).

3. We have two legit safety's. It's very obvious that Perkins and Polk are the leaders of the D. They are very vocal and they fly around the field. Major and Rippy are locks. Webb and Nobriga got a lot of looks as well.

4. We have some guys who definitely "look the part": Toney Clemons is a prototype WR. He does drop some, but he looks damn good when he gets it right. He made a sick finger-tip catch near the end zone that excited the crowd. Ryan Miller is a beast. Nuff said. Nick Kasa looks great. He was playing both inside and out today. Ryan Deehan has the body, but twice he went up for jump balls against a smaller defender and couldn't come down with it. Potentially a serious weapon though. Nembot is a freak. I'm torn because he definitely needs more coaching, which would warrent a redshirt, but he's just too much of a specimen not to throw in on obvious passing sitches to let him punish somebody. Finally, Mcculough. He seriously looks like just like Mccafrey. Somebody else mentioned earler that he scraped and bloodied his leg and Embo told him to suck it up. I dug that. I can't include PRich in this section cuz he so freakin skinny! But it was business as usual as he continued to light it up.

5. We are deep at DL, and this is without Uzo-Diribe. They are able to mix it up with different combos of bodies. Juda was on the field a lot. Hartigan looks tiny and I didn't see much out of him. But his time to shine will come when they strap it up and he's able to get after the QB. Pericak is fundamentally solid.

6. The CB sitch remains a mystery. They mix it up a lot. Surprisingly (or maybe not), Greg Henderson was the only one consistently running with the first team. Vigo was out there a lot too, along with Jaffe and Sandersfield.

7. Unfortunately, I can't give a great report on the freshman as I don't know all of their jersey #'s yet. There were definitely a few who stood out. In no particular order: DD, Mcculough, Nembot, Juda, Spruce, Harlos, Henderson.

8. O'Neil will be the punter. He is the most consistent. Grossnickel can out-distance him from time to time, but he has a bad attitude. He looks like Eeyore and it's annoying.

That about wraps it up. Can't wait for the scrimmage on Saturday!

Back