What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#8 Colorado Buffaloes v #9 Pitt Panthers - Round of 64 - Orlando, FL - GAME THREAD

Orlando: Intangibles.

Florida is the vacation destination for the east coast. The likelihood for Pitt's players who have visited Disneyworld or have played AAU tournaments or have friends and relatives with timeshares exists. One of Pitt's players, center Joseph Uchebo went to HS in Florida. Florida is Pitt's California.

Having connections to a location makes a difference. Mills in Milwaukee, Booker/XJ in LA, George King in San Antonio....these scenarios would but more friends and family in the stands and give the players a little extra motivation.

Orlando is neutral in the opening game. It could be worse (Buffalo, NY), and will be should CU advance (Gators). But it could be better, too.
Yeah that be nice, but I'd just like to be LA because we got a good alumni base there.

Luckily Pitt's alumni base in Florida is similar to our alumni base in Florida. This should be a true neutral court.

This is being played at an NBA venue, while I've only been to NCAA tourney games at the Pepsi Center and ABQ the difference is immense. In a NBA arena there is no home court advantage no matter how many fans you have in there for a NCAA tournament game. The venue is simply to big for the crowd to make a meaningful impact when the tickets are split up among 4 teams.

This is being played at an NBA venue, while I've only been to NCAA tourney games at the Pepsi Center and ABQ the difference is immense. In a NBA arena there is no home court advantage no matter how many fans you have in there for a NCAA tournament game. The venue is simply to big for the crowd to make a meaningful impact when the tickets are split up among 4 teams.

The tipoff classic where CU played Baylor at Dallas' American Airlines Center was very subdued. When was the last time these Buffs played inspired basketball in a neutral arena? If history serves, the Buffs start off slow, but make up for that with a five minute dry spell in the second half.

Prove me wrong, brother Buffs!

Yeah that be nice, but I'd just like to be LA because we got a good alumni base there.

Gracias Cap'n Obvious. Me, too. Vegas would be fine, too. And the Pepsi Center in Denver would be even better yet!

Dude on the radio calling himself "the real Matt smith" did not paint a pretty picture for our Buffs. We better come out fired up and with tournament ski.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So UF isn't going to have a home court advantage either Thur or Sat?

Gracias Cap'n Obvious. Me, too. Vegas would be fine, too. And the Pepsi Center in Denver would be even better yet!
Yeah I know, I'm not stating anything out of the ordinary. I just don't think playing in Milwaukee would mean much w/the Ben Mills presence, better than another venue sure, but not too much of a difference.

Be interesting who the Florida fans root for. They'll probably make up most of the crowd.
I think us cause were "worse," not sure if they'll really care. I was talking to my friend today who is an UF grad, he was saying that he thinks the younger fans will just stay at the bars in Orlando before the game begins but the older folks might show up a little early.

I think us cause were "worse," not sure if they'll really care. I was talking to my friend today who is an UF grad, he was saying that he thinks the younger fans will just stay at the bars in Orlando before the game begins but the older folks might show up a little early.
Liar.

Might have meant facebook friend. Or completely made it up.

If we are seen as the "worse" team, it will be good and whatever fans are in the building will start to pull for us if it's close. Anyone in ABQ remember when the arena seemed like it was full of jackrabbits fans when they started closing on baylor?

All that said, this is going to be a close game and probably a battle. I'm guessing that whatever team finishes with more than 65 points will win.

They need to come out strong and booker needs to play like everyone knows he can. Also, hitting 3's like he did v ucla wouldnt hurt ;)

All I got to say is Jelly, play pissed off. Make that lane yours. They'll follow you, trust me. Don't take any of their b.s., just be mean and handle it. Damn near game day.

Quite an interesting interview with XJ at Tads house on selection Sunday (on Rivals). Also read the piece per Ski. We really have some quality kids in this program.

This team is ready for tomorrow. Tough task against a mature team, but hit some shots and we can win this game. Go Buffs!

Quite an interesting interview with XJ at Tads house on selection Sunday (on Rivals). Also read the piece per Ski. We really have some quality kids in this program.

This team is ready for tomorrow. Tough task against a mature team, but hit some shots and we can win this game. Go Buffs!
Just as good as guys off court as they are on camera. That cannot always be said with college athletes.

Hey guys. 3 hours and 35 minutes until tip-off. So roughly 1 hour and 35 minutes left of productive work time.

Back