What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

9/9/14 Press Conference

AG: Didn't play well in 1st game. Bothered by his elbow. Played much better 2nd week. Elbow is improving. Almost have full extension again.

HCMM: Started being able to run in the 2nd half. Caused UMass to load the box, opened up big passing plays.

HCMM: Not sure if he has played all freshman that will play this year. Still working with a couple guys who may play in the next game or two

HCMM: ASU game is not a measuring stick. Expect to win. Want to win. Won't be happy with incremental improvement.

Like he was going to say 'Well, we are going to have some schemes for Donovan Lee to play this weekend!" Not saying they will play him, just that they should have known he wasn't going to give away what he is planning to do. Methinks closed practices are for using certain players more without it getting out. Or like someone else said...kids be getting some heat this week and he wanted it more private.

AG: LB's are better at gap responsibility.

AG: Running game is strong, had trouble last year. Option offense is hard to combat.

AG: Team is ready to compete, ready to get more than a "try hard sticker", team has bought in to HCMM and his staff. Ready to start winning games.

AG: Effort in practice has been high. Lost 7lbs with the arm injury. Gained 4-5 back.

AG: Run-Pass option plays are tough. Have schemes to help. Defenders have to take care of their responsibilities.

AG: Excited for opening night at Folsom. Nothing like it.

AG: ASU game last year, worst game. Physically beat. Didn't have an answer for much. Hard.

AG: Excited for new sections. Like the closed in stadium look. Team is excited.

AG: The construction shows commitment to the players and that they trust players to take care of their end of the bargain. Good to be a buff.

Sounds like typical press conference blah, blah, blah. Not to dis the team, all press conferences are convocations of cliches.

Sounds like typical press conference blah, blah, blah. Not to dis the team, all press conferences are convocations of cliches.

True but some good info in there
-Addison has been injured. Almost recovered
-More freshman may play this season
-Young players starting to grasp defensive concepts.

You can lose 7 lbs with an arm injury? Will someone hit me?

Hee. Me too. Frik hit both elbows and I am where I need to be!

Seriously enjoyed Addison's glee at playing in Folsom. You could feel the impact on him. Hope it translates Sat night!

I always feel more upbeat after these. I think HCMM does get it. I do hope that the players have a light bulb turning on about things. For me, it hasn't taken a light bulb to see just how other offenses look like they are all All-American players against our D. Time for our D to show they get it. I'll still predict a CU win. 45-38

Dang Wanted to rep you but had to "spread some around" first. Thanks though for posting this and basically transcribing it

Sefo's increasing poise and maturity over last year showing. Just appears ready for a larger moment.

We gonna get killed. I've been hearing this "we are improving" stuff for too long now. No more getting my hopes up only to have 'em dashed to smithereens.

Back