What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

91 orange bowl on pac12 networks now!

all 5 of you who get it, enjoy it. tell us how it ends. i am dying to know!

:smile2:

i just had the pleasure of watching it for the first time during a party at my house with about 20 other people in my living room. social norms be damned, CU was on tv! i had the sound off, but what happened with that return by rocket ismail (i presume)? Was there a hold or what? big call.

The talent on the field was amazing on both sides. I loved how they interspersed interviews with CU players with the game action, too. I love me my Pac-12 Networks.

i just had the pleasure of watching it for the first time during a party at my house with about 20 other people in my living room. social norms be damned, CU was on tv! i had the sound off, but what happened with that return by rocket ismail (i presume)? Was there a hold or what? big call.

Clipping if I remember right. ND fans say it was BS but it happened.

I always love how Notre Dumb fans say it was a phantom clip. Tim James went flying like 15 yards in the wrong direction at the bottom of the screen as he was zoning in on Ismail. How could that NOT be a clip? Notre Dumb fans. Dumb. Oh, and again, **** DTV.

I always love how Notre Dumb fans say it was a phantom clip. Tim James went flying like 15 yards in the wrong direction at the bottom of the screen as he was zoning in on Ismail. How could that NOT be a clip? Notre Dumb fans. Dumb. Oh, and again, **** DTV.

i have a capt that i fly with that still insists it was not a clip. there is no reasoning with them. i

even told him about the ND player saying it was a clip and he still will not believe it.

pilots are stupid. :lol:

Holtz didn't think it was a clip.

On a serious note, both defenses played great that night. CU and ND were two high powered offenses with great speed and talent. Amazing that only a total of two TD's were scored.

Holtz didn't think it was a clip.
That's what he said right after the game, but after seeing the replay he admitted it was a clip. Of course, his recanting came after the final polls were taken and released. I always felt that had an impact on the split NC.

This network is great, although I'm getting sick of watching us lose to Cal in OT last year. They aren't just taking the tape from FSC/NBC/etc. and hitting play, they are doing everything they can to restore everything to as-close-to-as-possible HD level. The Cal game, which was shot with a potato on FSC, looks great except for some weird tracking/blurring. The '91 Orange Bowl, you're obviously stuck with old standard def, but I thought it looked great. And the interviews with Mac, Bieniemy, CJ, BJ Brooks were great.

I hope they just start cranking out more classic games; my fear is that they did a few to start things out and that will be it.

That's what he said right after the game, but after seeing the replay he admitted it was a clip. Of course, his recanting came after the final polls were taken and released. I always felt that had an impact on the split NC.

This network is great, although I'm getting sick of watching us lose to Cal in OT last year. They aren't just taking the tape from FSC/NBC/etc. and hitting play, they are doing everything they can to restore everything to as-close-to-as-possible HD level. The Cal game, which was shot with a potato on FSC, looks great except for some weird tracking/blurring. The '91 Orange Bowl, you're obviously stuck with old standard def, but I thought it looked great. And the interviews with Mac, Bieniemy, CJ, BJ Brooks were great.

I hope they just start cranking out more classic games; my fear is that they did a few to start things out and that will be it.

I think the most frustrating thing for Notre Dame was they knew that even if he had not clipped him, the Rocket very likely still would have been gone. We got lucky.

no. it was the good lord himself, dr tom osborne that had the impact. that ****er sank CU and there is no way to dispute that fact. #5? really, good doctor? really? he can go **** himself.

What frustrates me most about this game is on our last drive we were ramming the ball down their throats and killing the clock, but then after getting into FG range we suddenly make some very strange play-calls, get a penalty and end up having to punt from out near midfield.

There was some media guy who came on a couple of times to add commentary, and at one point he said that the CU defense that year had no respect nationally. I looked up from what I was doing and said, WHAT???

There was Biekert, Chad Brown, Ronnie Bradford, Deon Figures, Williams and McGee, Joel Steed, Leonard Renfro - and those are just the guys who went on to NFL success (and some Pro Bowl success.) Were they really not respected? That is one of the most talented college defenses of all time. I was around and I don't remember them being underrated.

Was out last night, so I TiVo'd the game and am watching it now. Cool to see, I was too young when it was played to remember anything beyond the fact that we won and ND had one called back. Love the interviews too.

Is there a newer/better way to record this stuff than the VCR if I don't have a DVR?

It was a pretty ticky-tack call - I understand why Notre Dame was pissed.

[video=youtube;sqC_Br3cDJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqC_Br3cDJg[/video]

That being said, those things happen all the time in football.

What frustrates me most about this game is on our last drive we were ramming the ball down their throats and killing the clock, but then after getting into FG range we suddenly make some very strange play-calls, get a penalty and end up having to punt from out near midfield.

Yep, George Hemmingway was a beast on that drive

There was some media guy who came on a couple of times to add commentary, and at one point he said that the CU defense that year had no respect nationally. I looked up from what I was doing and said, WHAT???

There was Biekert, Chad Brown, Ronnie Bradford, Deon Figures, Williams and McGee, Joel Steed, Leonard Renfro - and those are just the guys who went on to NFL success (and some Pro Bowl success.) Were they really not respected? That is one of the most talented college defenses of all time. I was around and I don't remember them being underrated.

Don't forget to add winners of the Butkus AND Thorpe awards both on our defense. They were going up against a bunch of future NFL guys in Rick Mirer, Jerome Bettis, Ricky Watters, Rocket Ismail etc. That was a loaded Notre Dame team.

Last edited:
It was a pretty ticky-tack call - I understand why Notre Dame was pissed.
Tim James got completely destoyed from behind. It was a dictionary example of a clip. The most surprising thing is that the refs called it.

Enberg and Walsh were a great team. I've always felt that Walsh was agonizing with Buff fans throughout those two Orange Bowls.

Back