What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A couple observations from yesterday

I'm worried about this teams psyche right now... They were so close and just got clobbered. They need a win against UCLA not just for the program, but the mental state of the kids.

This is what has had me very worried, and so disgusted that the team couldn't close in the games earlier this season when they had the chance. Now the schedule gets downright nasty and the Buffs, despite appearing to be more competitive this season, have absolutely nothing to show for it. I will be very interested to see if MM can keep the kids focused and continuing to improve, or if more adversity will cause them to cash it in.

My take away this week is that stars matter. We now have a coach that can compete on a level playing field. Unfortunately we are under gunned against most of the PAC.

My take away this week is that stars matter. We now have a coach that can compete on a level playing field. Unfortunately we are under gunned against most of the PAC.
USC is LOADED, not a very good example. 99% of the country would be out gunned by them.

The officiating was rough during the 1st quarter but was fine the rest of the game. Took us out of our rhythm though on D which sucked. Game got out of hand too fast for it to matter though.

No idea why TJ didn't get more touches. He was killing it on the ground. Lindsay made a nice counter punch too. Powell was ineffective. Adkins was ineffective. Lee is not being utilized to his potential when in the backfield. The kid can fly, put him on a go route and try get some space underneath.

That being said USC has the athletes to go 1st team vs 1st team against anyone in the nation. After that though is where they struggle. We didn't force their second string on the field nearly enough. Depth is where they are weak and we didn't expose it. I have to say I expected better from the buffs after two weeks of being able to game plan for the Trojans. I wasn't expecting the W but I expected a competitive showing. Need to be much better against UCLA.

I also wonder if the bye week hurt us. 2 weeks of close frustrating losses and then two weeks to relax and cool off.

Clearly what I was saying

I know what you were saying, but you're so defensive if anyone says something remotely not positive. He said we're out gunned versus most of the conference which is true, but you choose to argue the point anyway.

I know what you were saying, but you're so defensive if anyone says something remotely not positive. He said we're out gunned versus most of the conference which is true, but you choose to argue the point anyway.
I'm not being defensive here, but I think it's important to have a perspective of the gap. There's the gap between us and Oregon/UW, and then there's the gap between us and USC. Saturday was awful, but that team is by far the most talented team we will play this year and it's not even close.

I'm not being defensive here, but I think it's important to have a perspective of the gap. There's the gap between us and Oregon/UW, and then there's the gap between us and USC. Saturday was awful, but that team is by far the most talented team we will play this year and it's not even close.

There is a gap between us and the rest of the P11.

Yes there's a big talent gap which seemed like his point in the first place.
I wasn't really disagreeing with the premise of his post, I just think we need to keep Saturday in perspective.

Oh, and **** USC

There is a gap between us and the rest of the P11.

In no way am I saying that's false. I'm not sure there's a big gap with the bottom 4 (Us, Cal, OSU, Wazzu), but the gap between us and the top 4 (UO, USC, Furd, UCLA) or so is significant.

Time to move on to UCLA

Last edited:
Very true. The penalty stats for all the conference teams are pretty ugly (every team but ASU is averaging over 50 yards a game). Refs need to stop being such a big part of the game.
That's my biggest problem with refs, it's like they want to be noticed. Best crews are ones that you hardly see. As far as the rb rotation, I don't what the hell they are doing? If it were me and I was gonna play several backs, I'd go with the hot hand. Tojo seemed to be that guy Saturday. We've been really critical of him over the years and he's having a good year when his number is called, good for him.

We complain about officiating more because we're not good enough in this conference to overcome them. I don't think Oregon really complains much because the way they're playing now, they could overcome it.

based off the thread title, DIRECTV is saving me from watching this crap. All I have to do is turn off the radio and go about my business, read about the loss later.

How do you meaningfully discuss bad officiating without making it sound whiny?

For instance, I missed the first couple of plays, and walked in to see Tedric Thompson's arms being pinned to his sides by a receiver from behind, and as I remember it, the ball bounced off of his chest. One or two plays later we were flagged for defensive holding.

How do you discuss that, without it sounding like sour grapes?
By concluding with the statement "... but great teams should be able to overcome bad officiating."

just wait til royce freeman runs through our d for a quarter or two... the guys bigger and faster than all our lb's and half our d line

I finally watched the game on Football in 60. We really shot ourselves in the foot and couldn't match their talent.

The one thing that really stood out to me was the DB play. OMG! It seemed in every other completion, USC receivers had at least 2 steps on our guys. WTH happened?

Not every team we've played but with SC or Oregon, I'd say there is a big gap. Doesn't help our dline hasn't been good.

USC was going to beat us on talent alone but we shot ourselves in the foot so many times the 1st 1.5 quarters that we never had the chance to see how close a game we could make it.

That roughing the kicker penalty pissed me off something fierce, bad call or not. He wasn't even supposed to be there was what I understood. That kind of stuff drives coaches batty, it would me.

If there were any silver linings, it was the O put up over 400 yards again (first time since 94 I believe) and the kids kept fighting.

Gehrke looked pretty bad in the few series he was out there...not ready for prime time?

If there were any silver linings, it was the O put up over 400 yards again (first time since 94 I believe) and the kids kept fighting.

Gehrke looked pretty bad in the few series he was out there...not ready for prime time?

He wasn't expecting to be put into the game when he was and had not gotten loose at all. Came in to the game cold. Showed on his first few passes.

Back