What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A couple of threads of possible interest to Buff fans

Exactly. And I believe I've read somewhere (prob in one of these threads) is that he left the Big XII in part because of his frustration in UT's refusal to revenue share and them voting against forming a Big XII network. Something tells me that he's not going to want to deal with their demands again.

To be clear, it wasn't "just" UT. It was the leagues inability to agree on revenue sharing that prevented them from agreeing on how a Big 12 Network revenue distribution would work. The members were split on the current TV revenue distribution, and therefore were not in agreement on how a new network should be formed.

The Big 12 requires 9 votes to pass those changes, this meant that 4 teams could "squash" any proposals by voting no. It has been assumed (since the voting isn't public) that Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska were the ones that nixed the idea as they benefit the most from the current contracts. It is just as easy to say it is UT's fault as it is to say it was Oklahoma's but it very well could have been Texas Tech or Kansas State (or even Colorado) that also voted against it.

I believe that Texas has been on record as against changing the distribution formula so it is easy to correlate that with their vote. Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa State have been on record in favor of changing the distribution formula and in forming a Big 12 Network.

Interview With UMD (Maryland) Athletic Director, Dr. Debbie Yow - Part 2
Dave Tucker: The whole TV thing is just another aspect of of how things have changed.
Debbie Yow: And there is going to be another wave, and that’s Comcast buying NBC. That’s huge. That’ll probably take 18 months to settle everything but they’re idea evidently is to compete against ESPN.
(dated 2-9-10)

Just ran across this article perusing ACC boards.

The ACC renews their Football/Basketball contracts before any other BCS conference, the actions they take and the revenue they get will tell a lot about the trend in college sports.

Fox has reportedly been trying to gain the ACC contract, but with a possible Comcast/NBC entry into the bidding, the potential revenues could still be fairly high for one or two major conferences.

This means that the ACC (2011) and then the Pac-10 (2012) have the best shot at capitalizing with potential TV partners. The Big 12 (2015) might not have any dance partners when they come to the ball.

Boise State ranks as the best candidate in location and #2 in football tradition.
Yeah Boise's argument is obviously persuasive...that and the fact that the have the entire Idaho tv market as opposed to the #16 TV market in the country.

I think BSU can play football in the PAC 10. BSU already wrestles in the PAC10 (and are very competitive) and their tennis and golf is of PAC 10 caliber. Other sports (basketball) not so much. BSU may be like the dog that caught the car but why not?? I think in football they are a better fit than CU.

Interview With UMD (Maryland) Athletic Director, Dr. Debbie Yow - Part 2
Dave Tucker: The whole TV thing is just another aspect of of how things have changed.
Debbie Yow: And there is going to be another wave, and that’s Comcast buying NBC. That’s huge. That’ll probably take 18 months to settle everything but they’re idea evidently is to compete against ESPN.
(dated 2-9-10)

Just ran across this article perusing ACC boards.

The ACC renews their Football/Basketball contracts before any other BCS conference, the actions they take and the revenue they get will tell a lot about the trend in college sports.

Fox has reportedly been trying to gain the ACC contract, but with a possible Comcast/NBC entry into the bidding, the potential revenues could still be fairly high for one or two major conferences.

This means that the ACC (2011) and then the Pac-10 (2012) have the best shot at capitalizing with potential TV partners. The Big 12 (2015) might not have any dance partners when they come to the ball.

People have talked about a P10/B12/ACC network.

If its true that both the P10/ACC are both coming up in terms of television contracts..a P10/ACC network would make sense..In the morning, you will have those 12pm football east coast games..

I knew it...Comcast purchasing NBC really could change the landscape of college sports on TV. The ACC and Pac-10 would be a sexy combo for NBC. I'm starting to feel that a Pac-10 and Big 12 network just isn't quite that feasible.

I knew it...Comcast purchasing NBC really could change the landscape of college sports on TV. The ACC and Pac-10 would be a sexy combo for NBC. I'm starting to feel that a Pac-10 and Big 12 network just isn't quite that feasible.

It sounds like Comcast wants to take on Espn and since the Pac 10 and Acc contracts are up first its important for CU to be included in those deals.

Back