What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A few observations about Oregon

I've never noticed it before but yesterday the umpire was wearing a hat with a Nike swoosh on it. You would think a conference officiating organization wouldn't be advertising for the major benefactor of a university in that conference. The no call on Hansen's concussion hit was horrible.

Nike is our sponsor as well, but yeah, that's horrible on the hats. What are they thinking?

i try to avoid bitching about officiating because it is a loser's lament. slower, inexperienced, lesser teams don't get the calls in general.

but, that hit on hansen was flat-out cheap and should have been called. he executed the slide as he has been taught and 2 ducks head-hunted him. it is a high speed game and players screw up, so maybe they didn't mean to do it, but it still should have resulted in a penalty.

that sucked.

There were two calls I had an issue with.

The no call on hansen after his slide, that ended up getting him pulled do to a concussion.

Then the stupid punt interference call. Our guy got shoved straight into the returner. It should have been our ball since their own player ****ed it up.

There were two calls I had an issue with.

The no call on hansen after his slide, that ended up getting him pulled do to a concussion.

Then the stupid punt interference call. Our guy got shoved straight into the returner. It should have been our ball since their own player ****ed it up.
You didn't have an issue with the phantom PI call on Greg Henderson?

What is up with Oregon's qb? White dude had some serious speed. Maybe the fastest guy on the field for either team? Very smooth too. How does Oregon have so much speed? Do they do anything to develop it or just recruit it? Probably a stupid question, but CK is pretty innovative. Maybe they don't let the guys bulk up and loose speed they had at lower weights?

What is up with Oregon's qb? White dude had some serious speed. Maybe the fastest guy on the field for either team? Very smooth too. How does Oregon have so much speed? Do they do anything to develop it or just recruit it? Probably a stupid question, but CK is pretty innovative. Maybe they don't let the guys bulk up and loose speed they had at lower weights?
For one thing they have an elite strength and training program.

Nike is our sponsor as well, but yeah, that's horrible on the hats. What are they thinking?
What doesn't have a Nike swoosh? Out of all of the people in the stands and on the field in any capacity I would bet more people had some Nike item on their person than did not.

For one thing they have an elite strength and training program.
they are doing something right. You just get the feeling any of their skill guys need only the slightest window and they're gonna take it to the house. Doesn't seem to matter if the d has an angle or not. Doesn't matter who they play.

What doesn't have a Nike swoosh? Out of all of the people in the stands and on the field in any capacity I would bet more people had some Nike item on their person than did not.

What's your argument here? I'm not seeing any relationship between the ubiquitous swoosh on fans in the stands, and those on the hats of the officials.

The logo is a form of advertising. I don't think that's appropriate for an officiating staff. It's that much more questionable when (at least) one of the teams is this game is closely affiliated with Nike.

What's your argument here? I'm not seeing any relationship between the ubiquitous swoosh on fans in the stands, and those on the hats of the officials.

The logo is a form of advertising. I don't think that's appropriate for an officiating staff. It's that much more questionable when (at least) one of the teams is this game is closely affiliated with Nike.
My point is that Nike is everywhere--on both teams, on nearly every fan and even on the refs. If you’re making a link between a nike hat on the ref to some sort of officiating bias conspiracy you have lost touch with reality.

(for the record, refs wear logos in lots of other sports.)

Off the top of my head, watch any soccer game and the ref usually has a giant adidas logo on his shirt, shorts, socks, etc. Tennis umpires decked head to foot in logos.

Off the top of my head, watch any soccer game and the ref usually has a giant adidas logo on his shirt, shorts, socks, etc. Tennis umpires decked head to foot in logos.
Didn't realize those were football refs. Refs don't usually wear Nike gear. I'm not saying the game was fixed or the refs were leaning towards Oregon but wearing Nike when we're playing a Nike school is a bit odd.

My point is that Nike is everywhere--on both teams, on nearly every fan and even on the refs. If you’re making a link between a nike hat on the ref to some sort of officiating bias conspiracy you have lost touch with reality.

(for the record, refs wear logos in lots of other sports.)

The ever-present swoosh annoys me, and I have been almost perfect in avoiding the purchase of Nike products since 95 (two hats in over 15 years, and I black out the swooshes--otherwise Nike free).

Also, I'm not suggesting there's an officiating conspiracy. But, might you acknowledge that in a career in which impartiatlity is key, that it would be imprudent to plaster a logo on your hat? Or let me put it this way--advertising for a company does not represent the virtue of impartiality; and though a bias might not be reflected in on-field decisions, I'd like an officiating crew that is more aware of the appearance they present, and who tries to appear impartial in all aspects of their on-field persona.

That's all I'm getting at. And in the future, if you disagree with my point, I'll take your argument more seriously if you simply disagree, rather than accusing me of losing touch with reality. Thanks in advance.

And I disagree with it in those sports too (I'll have to take your word for it, soince those aren't sports I watch), but to me it's somehow worse in college than professional sports.

WTF was with Oregon fans and their shoes? Every one of them seemed to wear stupid ass shoes with Oregon's plethora of colors adorning them. It looks fine (stupid but fine) when the athletes are wearing them but when a 50 year old fat guy is wearing green and yellow pumas, well, it doesn't look so good at that point.

WTF was with Oregon fans and their shoes? Every one of them seemed to wear stupid ass shoes with Oregon's plethora of colors adorning them. It looks fine (stupid but fine) when the athletes are wearing them but when a 50 year old fat guy is wearing green and yellow pumas, well, it doesn't look so good at that point.

Those 50 year olds are probably the same ones who refer back to the days they played high school football like it was yesterday.

we talk about the most amazing aspects of the game when we suck.... DAMN! I never thought about the ref's cloating until I read this thread.....

Back