1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few points I've thought about today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CenturyBuff, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Man, I've had a bunch of things that have crossed my mind today, but haven't been able to post until tonight, SIAP, but had to vent some thoughts:

• I'm glad Bohn et al are getting some heat for the last 7 years of football, however, Klatt & Co are not the people to do it. Heisman candidate Joel Klatt continues to come across with his slimy agenda against Bohn (no news flash there).
    • Bohn handled his interview with Evans/Klatt much better than he handled himself yesterday. My favorite from today: Klatt (regarding the coaches having to monitor classes): "We have different opinions on that." Bohn: "No, we have different facts."
    • Big Al stated something along the lines of, "If I didn't ask Bohn those questions, then I'm not doing my job." Well, by that logic Al, you haven't been doing your job for 3 months. Never heard you ask the tough question to EB, "Coach, you ran a QB sneak on 1st and 10, why???" "Coach, you gave up 40+ points to Fresno in 1.5 quarters--how do you defend that???" Al and Klatt refused to ask any "tough questions" about the worst coaching job in history all year long.
    • Jon Major's comments regarding the ineptitude of the defensive schemes have not got enough run.
    • Klatt stated Bohn has to run the AD "like a 50 million dollar business." I don't have the numbers, but Bohn has the AD running in the black (no pun intended), seems like he's running a competent business overall compared to some other AD's around the country. Would Heisman Joel prefer Bohn run the AD similar to Maryland??
    • I appreciate the media people who have come out with level headed statements: Spano (level headed may not be the best description for this guy though), Marks, Eric Goodman come to mind right off the bat. Never was much of a Goodman fan, but he has been pretty damn accurate about this. Even Drew Goodman called the on field product "virtually unwatchable."
    • Heard a guest on the Fan tonight make some great comments, he said he had friends on the coaching staff. He used the word "abysmal" to describe the product. Any idea who he was?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Better days are ahead. :gobuffs:

3. Chirality

Chirality New Member

I suppose I missed the comments Jon Major made...care to share a link?

4. ParkHillBuff

ParkHillBuff Member

Where were Jon Major's comments posted? This is the first I've heard about it.

5. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

From the DP article yesterday on player reactions, and Henderson's blog:

Ineptitude is my word, not his, for the record.

6. Chirality

Chirality New Member

Thanks for the post.

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

The true pro-style offenses we faced we gave up 48 (Stanford) and 50 (USC) points. Fail

8. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Scheme all you want. Major couldn't tackle a 100 pound cheerleader.

9. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

To be fair, they are elusive. :huh:

10. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Well, except for this one

[video=youtube;RGm1e8ePQy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGm1e8ePQy0[/video]

11. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

good point.

12. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

Chris landry was on the fan tonight he is on every tuesday night at 7pm, he said with the money in the pac 12 tv contract if cu is going to get serious they are going to have to pay 2.5-3 million a year for a good coach.
    He also said he knows of coaches who would like to coach here but they are gun shy about the facilities. He said he also spoke to people in the ad office about possible coaches but he gave no names.

13. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Landry--yep. Thought it was a good interview, didn't get to hear all of it though.

14. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

hey he is a pro and college scout and he was right on for the most part.

15. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

So our coaches ran the wrong schemes, with the wrong players, and couldn't adjust to defending the most prevalent offense in the Pac-12 - but they needed more time?

16. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

That's nice and everything but you are wrong John. Brown was coaching in college his two previous gigs to this one. He was also a co-dc in the Pac. And a decent coach can adjust tactics in game and in season! We don't have to throw entire seasons away while they learn. The buck stops with the HC and he is a major fail. We assumed at least semi-competence with recruiting prowess, we got neither.

17. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Well they were going to go to Okie lite to grasp at straws.