1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Frustrating Statistic

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Gramburglar, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Gramburglar

Gramburglar Literally has hundreds of dollars Club Member

First, to remain positive 15/15 on extra points is great! But then...

Kicking Statistics
    (per espn)

Name
    XPMXPAXP%FGM
    FGAFG%1-1920-2930-39
    40-4950+LNGPTS
    Will Oliver151510012500/00/01/20/00/03018

Five game into a season and Will Oliver has been trotted out there twice! The Buffs have never been in a situation where they would be content with 3pts, including the first 15 min of a game :bang:. The 4th Down stats are sad, ranked 27th going 5/9 at 55% conversion, and O'Neill has been busy (http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/80150-We-re-1!!!). I don't know the field positions of the nine 4th down attempts but, I think there have been punts from the 35yd a few times. I am just finding this very frustrating because we appear to neglect our kicker and the Offense and Defense cannot support the special teams. I miss the days of Crosby/Torp or Mariscal/Eberly(???); when I felt confident we could at least score half a touchdown or just kick the **** out of a ball in altitude or any place else.

Also, 4 scholarship kickers/punters (and I hope only one long snapper) is really killing us but that's a different conversation.

2. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Punts from the 35 are 35 + 7 + 10 = 52 yards. There are NFL teams that don't trust their kicker at 52 yards if it's close (not that we haven't always been close).

Oliver needs get his confidence back up and make chip shots. This coach thinks going for it on 4th is the best thing to do, even though we don't have a burner at WR or RB and a playmaker at QB.

3. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

1-4 is much more frustrating to me.

4. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

I'd be more interested in seeing a statistic that isn't frustrating. But yeah, 2 FG attempts is ridiculous anytime, especially considering our opponents.

And I'm again reminded of our -30 yard drive that took us out of FG range against UCLA through a combination of bad play calling, bad coaching and horrific execution that only we could pull off.