1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a hypothetical question - OU-cu part 2

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by soonerspy, Sep 30, 2007.

1. soonerspy

soonerspy Guest

what do you think would happen if we lined 'em up and did it again?? do you think it'd be different?? i'd like the mulligan!!

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.
    If "ifs" "ands" and "buts" were candies and nuts, OU would have a merry ****ing weekend.

Let's play out the B12 and see how the CCG shakes out.

3. soonerspy

soonerspy Guest

i know, i know. i can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one comes first.

so do you guys root for us the rest of the season? i know i'm rooting for cu. i'd LOVE that rematch.

4. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

I would like to see anyone other than UT or OU win the South. It is also hard to beat the same team twice in a season, so no, I would least like to play OU of the possible options--but if we were to get that far I wouldn't bitch regardless:smile2:

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

yes, i think it would be. this game, i hope, has instilled a ton of confidence into this team/program however, OU is still a much deeper and more talented team. i dont want to take away anything the Buffs accomplished saturday but, CU just cought OU at the right time. CU didnt get lucky. they didnt have to use trick plays like in the '86 win over #3 kneebraska. they lined up and beat OU when are where it was needed. those are the breakes when you are relying on 18 to 22 year old kids. **** happens. but, make no mistake in my comments above. CU won that game. they won every aspect of it.

if CU and OU were to meet again the the Big XII Campionship game i would expect OU to win a fairly close game. say 31-20 or something like that.

this program is turning the corner. its a process. many, including myself, look to the '86 win over kNU as the turning point for Mac. however, it still took another 3 years till the Buffs were a big time player on the national stage. i would expect something similar in Hawkins case. time will tell.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

you'll get your mulligan in the championship game unless texass someone finds their game by next saturday.

our Buffs punk-slapped your team around in the trenches. what is going to change in a couple months? you've got more talent, by far, overall. but, our guys were better conditioned and TOUGHER.

it is always harder to whoop a team the second time around in a year, but the chance to hand stoopsie his ass for the b12 title is something we can hope for.

7. soonerspy

soonerspy Guest

don't forget that it would be in a neutral location, too. actually i'm sure OU would be represented better than cu deep in the heart of tejas.

8. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

This is a CU team that the punters were predicting would finish 10th in the B12. In a rebuilding cycle, this team of undersized underclassmen are supposed to be on a 6-6 trajectory. Some of the optimists were shooting for 7-5. Now we are talking about an OU - CU rematch in the B12 championship game in order to give the Sooners a chance to save face. Hawkins and his rag-tag pack of Rivals 2 stars have really come a long way.

Yes - let's play again. Let's play 2 more times in the next 15 months: San Antonio and KC. Our teams and our coaches just might be getting to know each other pretty well by then.

Doesn't OU have a low-stakes border war to worry about? It's not like OU hasn't been preparing for the UT game for the last 2 weeks, or anything like that.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
    ladyblaise likes this.
  9. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Yea. Me too.. GOd our fans don't travel well... Lol. Actually i was surprised and a lil scared of the Oklahoma Turnout in boulder. Yeesh. Almost looked like they made up at LEAST 35% of attendance. Lol. But "Huuuuugh" Charles chant sounding like, "Boooo" might have thrown me off... You know what though? I think that if we played again. It would go either way. And at the end of the year... sheesh. I dunno. Our young team having a whole year of experience, and hopeully continued wins and confidence,... I think we/CU would definitally have a chance to win. I go 27-21 . CU. Its just that hawkins Always seems to have his kids ready to play.

10. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

this is definitely repworthy.

11. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

There's no mulligans in football.

Where have I heard that before?:lol:

12. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

We keep score in Division 1 football when we play the game.. 27-24 is official..

This ain't intramurals, brotha.. :lol:

13. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

We'd beat you again of course only this time it would be like 59-13 :wink2:

14. Poke Salad

Poke Salad Guest

Sorry, Bunkie, but the '86 win over the Fuskers was a defensive gem! The top-rushing team in the nation was held to 1.8 yds per carry that day! What "trick" plays are you referring to? I recall great punt returns by Soupy Cambell and an end-around, but that's not a trick play---merely a counter!

15. 4DemBuffs

"bunkie" :wtf:

well, i would call a reverse a trick play but, that is just me. i can see your point that it could be considered just a counter but, i disagree.

the half-back pass from O.C. Oliver is definitly a trick play in my book. without those two TD's, CU's O didnt score enough points to beat kNU that day.

i dont know about the punt returns in '86. cant remember either way but i suspect you may be confusing JC's punt returns in '89 with this game?

as far as the game CU's D played i agree completely.

16. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

:lol:

17. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Go with Bunkie. Bunkie Knutson (sp?) is one of my favorite people--he let Iacoca go ahead with the Mustang, and gave the thumbs up to the 71 bodystyle, which is my favorite. Word is, it was painted white, was outside, and it was in a snowstorm, but hey! I got my car approved!

18. 4DemBuffs

but i don wanna be a "bunkie." :sad1: