1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A look at WVU's offense

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Know your enemy.

[​IMG]
    QB- #5 Pat White (6-2, 185)
    What more can you say that hasn’t already been said? The kid is a playmaker. A true homerun threat every time he runs the ball. He was fourth place in 2007 for the Heisman trophy. He has an experienced line in front of him. He’s going to get his yards. I’m not sure how Collins plans on addressing him. You can only hope to contain him. I heard Rodney Stewart has been doing his best on the scout team trying to imitate White.

Pat was the 2008 Fiesta Bowl MVP, while being named Big East Offensive Player of the Year in 2006 and 2007. His nickname is The Chief because he has an Indian chief tattoo on his arm. He passed up a big contract with the Angels to play college ball, but was selected in every year he was in college. This year he was selected again by the Reds. When I say this kid is good, I meant it. He’s scary good. He’s a version of Darian Hagan, but not as good as the original.

Bill Stewart had a funny quote on White.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YPDFmcp5Y&feature=related"]YouTube - Pat White Highlights[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaLkqrPcOcw"]YouTube - Pat White 2007 highlights so far[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_73bsdVi_c&feature=related"]YouTube - The Pat White Show: Revised[/ame]

[​IMG]
    RB- #7 Noel Divine (5-8, 170)
    He has quite the story. The following is from his wikipedia profile:
    He had a decent freshman season. But he was behind a great RB in Steve Slaton. Now he’s the feature back, he should put up good numbers. Noel had 9carries for 47 yards against Villanova. In the next week he put up 94 on 12 carries. Like White he’s a threat for 6 every time he touches the rock. Hopefully he gets to know Mr. Hypolite real well on the 18th. I expect him to get around 15 carries. Bill Stewart has been getting some flak from the fans on Noel. Or the lack of using Noel.

HS Highlight reels.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoeVszfHYKg"]YouTube - Noel Divine - Sickest Runningback EVER![/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3Gi_AFTQg"]YouTube - Noel Divine[/ame]

WVU Highlights
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Lx1YJ-elI"]YouTube - WVU Noel Devine vs Maryland (2007) "Big Things Poppin"[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7XKj68ja4Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Noel Devine Freshman Highlights HQ[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDn_IIwUUhI&feature=related"]YouTube - Devine Intervention (Noel Devine Freshman Highlights)[/ame]

[​IMG]
    WR #9Jock Sanders (5-8 185)
    He’s been overshadowed by Divine, but he’s someone you should be aware of when you’re on the field, as well as in the bars in Morgantown.
    He’s Divine’s backup at RB. He’s the starter at WR and KR for the Mountaineers this year. Jock recorded 62 yards on 8 receptions for 1 TD vs. Villanova. He also had 54 yards on two kick returns. In the ECU game Jock had 3 receptions for 20, and three returns for 54 yards. Not as good as White or Divine but he’s still dangerous on the field.

Skidmark likes this.
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

[​IMG]
    Offensive Line
    The offensive line is pretty good. This unit was developed by legendary Oline coach Rick Trickett. Rick has since taken over the offensive line duties, as well as being named Asst. HC, at FSU. They replaced him with Dave Johnson. He was the TE’s coach at Georgia from 01-07. A major downgrade imo. But you cannot easily replace a guy like Trickett. He was a major reason for WVU’s success.

[​IMG]
    LT #62 Ryan Stanchek (6-4, 300)
    The kid is a beast.He’ll be making his 37th consecutive start for the Mountaineers. He racked up the postseason honors last year:
    This was from his wikipedia profile:
    [​IMG]
    LG #79 Greg Isdaner (6-4, 315)
    Another dominate force on the line. He's yet another returning starter. He's been getting his share of attention as well. He'll be making his 28th consecutive start vs Colorado. Ranked the 7th best guard in the nation by Lindy’s. First team all Big East. Athlon Sports first team All American.

Here is some recent quotes from Greg.
    The whole line returns this year. This is easily the best unit for WVU. C Mike Dent was named to the second team all Big East. RG Jake Figner was named third team all Big East.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Here is a interesting video on WVU’s spread offense. I know Bill Stewart isn’t running the exact same offense as Rich Rod. But I’ve heard rumors they might revert back to it vs. Colorado.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e4zyYXJUnE"]YouTube - Coach Rod discusses the spread offense[/ame]

Daaah likes this.
  4. Sexton Hardcastle

Right now Bill Stewart is telling his team that this game is the game of the season for WVU. They will no doubt try to run the score up on us. Make a statement kind of game.

5. The Guest

The Guest Guest

This is what I was talking about Valdez. This is the sort of effort that your impending marriage might impede.

Great stuff! Wedding's off.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

7. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

val is getting married?

damn val, if you dont want to have sex with her anymore, why dont you just tell her? how are we going to get our scoops now?:huh:

jrod212 likes this.
  8. Sexton Hardcastle

Someone send a memo to Gardner McKay that his armtackles aren't going to work vs. West Virginia. :pissed:

9. broncos1

broncos1 Member

No doubt

10. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Great stuff....thanks mucho!!!

Someone should also tell Noel to continue dancing around like he's doing the tango everytime he touches the ball as well....because I guarantee that he's gon get laid out by one of our LB's! :smile2:

11. Sexton Hardcastle

The way our LB's have been playing so far makes me feel a lot better about this matchup.

12. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

2 words: "SUPER FAST"

I hope and trust the coaches have been studying that ECU game over and over and over...

13. Sexton Hardcastle

Word is Stewart's scrapping the pass. Back to what they know best. Run, run, and run.

14. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I hope that is true. I have much more confidence in our ability to stop the run. Hope their plan calls for a LOT of running up the gut.

15. Sexton Hardcastle

Eh. I see your point. I'm glad we're not seeing a QB who can sling it. But PWhite is dangerous. I fully expect a shootout this thursday.

16. jrod212

jrod212 Member

can you run up the gut with a a guy who is 170?

17. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

I saw highlights from the fiesta bowl against OU and Devine ran all over them. Probably 6 or 7 yards per carry.

18. Sexton Hardcastle

West Virginia rushed for 349 yards which was the most ever given up by an Oklahoma team in a bowl game.