What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M not invited to a seat at the table

If you read the Staples article, it has to do with putting out an invite before a school has applied to join.

Well which comes first? The invite or the application? I'm pretty certain that in the case of CU, the invite came first, and the application was a formality.

Rumors down here include Okie lite powers are being very mum on the situation (of course, it helps having Gundy fodder), and boomer prez Boren is no where to be found.

This is really getting fun.

Rumors down here include Okie lite powers are being very mum on the situation (of course, it helps having Gundy fodder), and boomer prez Boren is no where to be found.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why OU is so bent on hitching its wagon to UT. They have enough clout to go pretty much wherever they want, and yet they seem to be happy to be a passenger on the ship that UT is driving. Not sure I understand that.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why OU is so bent on hitching its wagon to UT. They have enough clout to go pretty much wherever they want, and yet they seem to be happy to be a passenger on the ship that UT is driving. Not sure I understand that.

OU just sits back, smiles, lets UT look like the arrogant asses they are and watches the same type of money roll to OU as to Texas. They have the best of both worlds.

The Texas committe on Higher Ed meeting for tomorrow has been CANCELLED!!!

Tweets are saying the mood is positive around the aTm campus...could the SEC announcement come pretty soon?

:thumbsup:

The A&M regents just approved giving the A&M president the authority to determine where the school goes. The next step could be to call the SEC, apply, and get the invite.

Sounds like A&M will not go to the SEC just yet and there is no pressure for A&M to accept right away but it sounds like A&M will go when everything's clear. Perhaps the president hasn't sent the application just yet.

Sounds like A&M will not go to the SEC just yet and there is no pressure for A&M to accept right away but it sounds like A&M will go when everything's clear. Perhaps the president hasn't sent the application just yet.

That sounds like a bunch of spin to me. It sounds like A&M wants desperately to go. They told the whole world they were going, and then found out they aren't wanted. So they're backtracking by saying it's a technicality. Horse feathers. You line this kind of stuff up first before you go shooting off your mouth. I think they did this in order to extort more money or influence out of the Big 12 and it backfired.

That sounds like a bunch of spin to me. It sounds like A&M wants desperately to go. They told the whole world they were going, and then found out they aren't wanted. So they're backtracking by saying it's a technicality. Horse feathers. You line this kind of stuff up first before you go shooting off your mouth. I think they did this in order to extort more money or influence out of the Big 12 and it backfired.

Read the TexAgs twitter feed. A&M's president talked about the Big 12 bylaws especially the exit $$$ stuff...not much different from NU's president when talking about leaving the Big 12.

Read the TexAgs twitter feed. A&M's president talked about the Big 12 bylaws especially the exit $$$ stuff...not much different from NU's president when talking about leaving the Big 12.

Does anyone know if the SEC can redo its TV contract if they get another team to join? That is the only reason that I could even think about to add aTm. They don't need Texas recruiting, they dominate with what they have all ready.

Does anyone know if the SEC can redo its TV contract if they get another team to join? That is the only reason that I could even think about to add aTm. They don't need Texas recruiting, they dominate with what they have all ready.

You think the SEC is going to ignore the possibility of having the Dallas Metroplex and Houston TV markets in their TV footprint? You think Larry Scott would ignore that as well?

I listened to a bit of Finebaum online today (man that is just another world of sports radio) and he had Liucci who runs Texags.com on. Liucci claimed he had heard some indications that OU is finally airing some displeasure with UT behind closed doors and pointing the finger at them. They may be looking around and realizing that they may be looking at all the competitive relationships they've had for 100 years going away, and their only real options for credibility being to play on the west coast, in a league they despise (the SEC), or in a crappy league that has no national credibility, all so UT can make more millions when they already nearly double all their conference competitors. The fact that there are rumors that they approached the Big 10 about taking a (likely former Big 8) foursome may mean they realize there are other options to their death pact with Texas.

Summary of today:

A&M Board of Regents approved giving authority to the school president to move to the SEC if he so inclines.

However, president seems to have no ****ing clue how to make the move, or what the consequences would be. :rofl:

Summary of today:

A&M Board of Regents approved giving authority to the school president to move to the SEC if he so inclines.

However, president seems to have no ****ing clue how to make the move, or what the consequences would be. :rofl:

The US public has approved giving authority to B. Obama to run the USA.

However, the USA seems to have no ****ing clue how Obama would make the move, or what the consequences would be. :rofl:

The US public has approved giving authority to B. Obama to run the USA.

However, the USA seems to have no ****ing clue how Obama would make the move, or what the consequences would be. :rofl:

Righhhht. And Bachmann and ATM dip**** are better choices. :rofl:

:lol: at the Baylor comment. Baylor doesn't do well for Baylor games. What makes you think Houston would do better?

Still, I'm thinking about how this sets up down the road. This is the best possible scenario for CU. Dilute the talent pool in Texas a little more. Give the kids there more reasons to look outside their conference. Where might they look?

The SEC.

Fair enough. Don't want this to be a politics thread. ATM may be going to the SEC, but I think more news would be leaking by now if that were the case.

I don't think it would be possible for any more news to be leaked - no one is keeping their mouth shut on this one. The SEC is trying to expand to 14 or 16 teams, A&M has a huge boner for the SEC, and they are making moves to try to get there. They now have the authority to join, but they are working with both the Big 12 and the SEC to see if this is possible.

I don't think it would be possible for any more news to be leaked - no one is keeping their mouth shut on this one. The SEC is trying to expand to 14 or 16 teams, A&M has a huge boner for the SEC, and they are making moves to try to get there. They now have the authority to join, but they are working with both the Big 12 and the SEC to see if this is possible.
unpossible.

Back