What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A player's retort

you've spewed a lot more personal bile then I have my friend. Might just be the result of being on the unpopular side, but I haven't called you a dip****, dickwad, etc. And you are more then welcome to have your opinion. Enjoy it. However, I've given this staff nearly 3.5 years to show improvement, and instead things are going in the opposite direction. So I am gonna criticize the **** out of the staff, cause they are public employees and they get paid a ridiculous amount of money and they are SUCKING. So respect my opinion. I don't enjoy it.

In short: **** you! :smile2:
Generally, almost always, when I use those terms it is jokingly. So, when I say, "OK, you douchebags", I'm kidding with you. A couple of times, I admit, I've said things out of anger. But we are all a bit angry right now, I guess.

Frankly, when it is me and one or two others against the entire board, maybe its easy to get defensive. On the other hand, when you are in the majority, it is easy to pile on.

Last edited:
you've spewed a lot more personal bile then I have my friend. Might just be the result of being on the unpopular side, but I haven't called you a dip****, dickwad, etc. And you are more then welcome to have your opinion. Enjoy it. However, I've given this staff nearly 3.5 years to show improvement, and instead things are going in the opposite direction. So I am gonna criticize the **** out of the staff, cause they are public employees and they get paid a ridiculous amount of money and they are SUCKING. So respect my opinion. I don't enjoy it.

In short: **** you! :smile2:

Wow, I can actually say I agreed with Snowy on something. You got it right in this post, especially when you start the section about the 3.5 years to show improvement. The staff is fair game and this team has regressed since the bowl season 2 years ago. Criticism is fair at this point. Calling for change is fair at this point. It is not piling on at all.

Anyone else find it rather ironic that the first post to the kid was telling him to STFU followed by several other posts telling him that that players need to win if they don't like it. Instead of Hey, sorry you feel this way, we support you guys 100% and we will do our best to make sure we make that clear in the future.

Especially considering the evidence indicates that there may be some legitimacy to poster claim of being a player.

And guess who was the one that said STFU...oh, it was Gateway.

And he was NOT a player....his IP has been ID'd as a Fusker that has caused problems in the past on NBs.

People who fall for this stuff are....(________) fill in the blank. :huh:

And he was NOT a player....his IP has been ID'd as a Fusker that has caused problems in the past on NBs.

Gee, thanks. :lol:

I err on the side of believing the kid's a player and not overeacting until we learn otherwise.
So yeah, I'm a __fill in the blank__, too.

I err on the side of believing the kid's a player and not overeacting until we learn otherwise.
So yeah, I'm a __fill in the blank__, too.

I've been around 10 years on the boards now...I've seen it over and over.

Players may read the boards, but they don't post...they may want to, but they would NEVER come out with a post like that. NEVER. It smelled from the get go and that's why I responded the way I did.

I went through hell in 1998-1999 defending a player. Everyone knew who I was and why I was on the boards. I never hid the fact. I fought tooth and nail for him and for all the players. Because of that, it changed a lot of how fans reacted to players and now hardly anyone now calls out a player by name. Yes, there is criticism, some harsh, but it's no where what it used to be.

I have seen these same types of "angry player" posts before and they always turn out to be trolls. Unless you know for sure, don't fall for it.

Don't you want to believe the CU players are above that crap that guy posted? I do. They know we are behind them in the end.

Simple question. Do we suck? Yes, so just shut the F up. Man up and cover someone before they break another 60 yard TD on us. Does anybody in this country take responsibility for anything. Bunch of GD pussies. Posting on some message board to stop being negative. Stop giving 54 to Toledo!!!- I am livid. Who is this prick I'd have his ass running gassers right now for that crap.

Simple question. Do we suck? Yes, so just shut the F up. Man up and cover someone before they break another 60 yard TD on us. Does anybody in this country take responsibility for anything. Bunch of GD pussies. Posting on some message board to stop being negative. Stop giving 54 to Toledo!!!- I am livid. Who is this prick I'd have his ass running gassers right now for that crap.

Current train of thought is he is a husker troll, so make him run gassers anyway.

I've been around 10 years on the boards now...I've seen it over and over.

Players may read the boards, but they don't post...they may want to, but they would NEVER come out with a post like that. NEVER. It smelled from the get go and that's why I responded the way I did.

I went through hell in 1998-1999 defending a player. Everyone knew who I was and why I was on the boards. I never hid the fact. I fought tooth and nail for him and for all the players. Because of that, it changed a lot of how fans reacted to players and now hardly anyone now calls out a player by name. Yes, there is criticism, some harsh, but it's no where what it used to be.

I have seen these same types of "angry player" posts before and they always turn out to be trolls. Unless you know for sure, don't fall for it.

Don't you want to believe the CU players are above that crap that guy posted? I do. They know we are behind them in the end.
Yep, I ****ed up. I'm not as astute as you. I've fished out tons of these bogus posts before everyone else did. But I fell for this one. So, I'm a dick. Not nearly as perfect as Gate.

That's the spirit?

okay...

first, the link in the first post is broken for me. maybe i have finally gotten my filters set up correctly.

second, i can't believe i actually clicked the link. it has been years since most of us consider things posted on netbuffs to be legitimate. what the **** is wrong with this place? when did we lose our identity?

third, dbt you are slipping man...i am a little disappointed. you need to step up your game.

fourth, wally you never were all that intelligent. now you are indeed more stupid than ever.

fifth, based on the commentary i would have to assume that the poster referenced in the original post does not appreciate all the negativity coming from the message boards.

fine.

the purpose of these boards has always been to express opinions. point/counterpoint. banter. argument. provocation of thought.

how can that be wrong?

sometimes people take things too literally or assume that opinions are an expression of fact without doing their own due diligence.

those people are idots.

the question you need to ask yourself in most cases is "am i an idot?"

well...am i?

don't answer that.

fourth, wally you never were all that intelligent. now you are indeed more stupid than ever.

Hey! I didn't even post that in this thread! Between 4Dem crossing threads with his recent obsession with greasy cherries and naval navels, and now this--I'm starting to feel like DBT!

okay...

first, the link in the first post is broken for me. maybe i have finally gotten my filters set up correctly.

second, i can't believe i actually clicked the link. it has been years since most of us consider things posted on netbuffs to be legitimate. what the **** is wrong with this place? when did we lose our identity?

third, dbt you are slipping man...i am a little disappointed. you need to step up your game.

fifth, based on the commentary i would have to assume that the poster referenced in the original post does not appreciate all the negativity coming from the message boards.

fine.

the purpose of these boards has always been to express opinions. point/counterpoint. banter. argument. provocation of thought.

how can that be wrong?

sometimes people take things too literally or assume that opinions are an expression of fact without doing their own due diligence.

those people are idots.

the question you need to ask yourself in most cases is "am i an idot?"

well...am i?

Yes you are.

don't answer that.
Yes you are.

Yeah, I'm slipping. The post on the other place got deleted. They guy posed as a Buff but turned out to be a fusker. Now, I'm the moron for buying into it. I'm pissed. I'm also getting ripped by folks like SnowBuff and Gateway. So, yeah, I'm pissed. Now I'm getting ripped by you as well.

Yes you are.

Yeah, I'm slipping. The post on the other place got deleted. They guy posed as a Buff but turned out to be a fusker. Now, I'm the moron for buying into it. I'm pissed. I'm also getting ripped by folks like SnowBuff and Gateway. So, yeah, I'm pissed. Now I'm getting ripped by you as well.

that never bugged you before. you are slipping.

idot.

edit: i take that back.

you are not an idot.

you know what you think, and you say it.

that is what it is all about.

**** em if they can't take it.

**** em all.

Last edited:
Yes you are.

dunno if you can call what I said as ripping... :huh:

Yes you are.

I didn't call you out by name and rip you. Although I did question if that engineering walk on was related to you. I admit to that.

It's no big deal...that's what everyone needs to get.

Next time, hopefully, no one will fall for it...but who knows? Everyone believed it really was Koy Detmer posting on NB a couple of years ago. DBT, remember that?!

It was funny! :lol:

Back