What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A post apacolyptic Big 12

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Worst case scenario so far as I can see, is to have both NU and MU bolt, with CU getting the shaft from the Pac and the entire B12 South moving to the Pac.
If this does happen, the remnants of the Big 12 wouldn't be in that awful of a spot, IMO. KU and CU both bring reasonably large media markets. Add BYU, UU, NMU, UNLV, Memphis, Houston, TCU and CSU and we have a conference that isn't on par with the big boys, but would be adequate to secure a decent television contract and pay it's members about as well as we're getting paid now.

This isn't ideal, but the more I think about it, the less I want to be involved with Texass in any manner, shape or form.

Worst case scenario so far as I can see, is to have both NU and MU bolt, with CU getting the shaft from the Pac and the entire B12 South moving to the Pac.
If this does happen, the remnants of the Big 12 wouldn't be in that awful of a spot, IMO. KU and CU both bring reasonably large media markets. Add BYU, UU, NMU, UNLV, Memphis, Houston, TCU and CSU and we have a conference that isn't on par with the big boys, but would be adequate to secure a decent television contract and pay it's members about as well as we're getting paid now.

This isn't ideal, but the more I think about it, the less I want to be involved with Texass in any manner, shape or form.

The problem here is that I foresee the Big 4 Conferences (Pac 16, Big 10 (16), SEC and some combination of ACC/Big East) seceding from the NCAA. This will be a game of the "haves" and "have nots" and if we're not Big 12 or Pac-10, we'll be left behind. I really think there will be MASSIVE upheaval from an organizational standpoint with conferences leaving the NCAA and implementing a 4 game play-in post-season tourney, with quarterfinals held at each 16-team conference with conference title games.

We've got to fight like hell to be one of those 64 teams.

I see you've become a Kiszla disciple, Sacky...:smile2:

probably somewhere between this:
the-road-still-5.jpg

And this:

masterblaster.jpg

Don't forget Texas run Bartertown!

God, I don't know if I will be able to survive staying in the same conference as CSU.

The problem here is that I foresee the Big 4 Conferences (Pac 16, Big 10 (16), SEC and some combination of ACC/Big East) seceding from the NCAA. This will be a game of the "haves" and "have nots" and if we're not Big 12 or Pac-10, we'll be left behind. I really think there will be MASSIVE upheaval from an organizational standpoint with conferences leaving the NCAA and implementing a 4 game play-in post-season tourney, with quarterfinals held at each 16-team conference with conference title games.

There are currently 65 teams in the 6 BCS conferences. If it shakes out as you say with 4 16-team major conferences, then you would think that if you're currently a BCS school, then you will be one of these 64. In most cases that would be true but there will some exceptions of course with teams dropping down like KjSU, ISU, Baylor, or Lousivlle, and few to take their place like maybe Utah, BYU, or TCU. Optimistically speaking, I really can't imagine that we'd end up in the group that is left out despite the fact that our football program is down at this point.

Well on the bright side, we'd be an annual favorite to be NCAA/BCS champions, since we'd be one of the best on the junior circuit! But it will have the weight of the NIT.

Well on the bright side, we'd be an annual favorite to be NCAA/BCS champions, since we'd be one of the best on the junior circuit! But it will have the weight of the NIT.

Based on our recent domination of Montana State, I couldn't agree more!

Reading that book right now. Will probably watch the movie after. I can't stand seeing a movie before reading a book.

I read that book (twice I claim, because I read most of the paragraphs again, moments after the first go) a few months ago. It's both brilliant and disturbing, but didn't leave me with any desire to see the movie. What makes that novel great can't translate to cinema, in my opinion.

I read that book (twice I claim, because I read most of the paragraphs again, moments after the first go) a few months ago. It's both brilliant and disturbing, but didn't leave me with any desire to see the movie. What makes that novel great can't translate to cinema, in my opinion.

That can definitely happen. Some books just have an "aura" that makes them special that you just can't translate to the screen.

IMO, The Cat in the Hat was the quintessential example of this phenomenon...

Oh hell no! The Pac could potentiallyl be the most powerful conference in the country when this is all said and done. I want to be a part of that!

I suppose I'm reading it twice as well. I thought it would fly by because of the large print and spacings, but the writing style really warrants second turns. I'm a little over halfway through and really enjoying it. Maybe I won't want to see the movie by the time I'm done, but I do normally like t see how it is portrayed and am usually disappointed, but like to know anyway.

Agreed with most comments about the book. It reads really disjointed (for lack of a better term) but somehow about half-way through it you get used to it and it starts to pickup pace.

Saw the movie just yesterday (read the book about 2 years ago), and wasn't upset at all by the way it was portrayed. It stays true in feel and in characters, but maybe the delay in between reading and watching help with my appreciation.

sack you are aware that the Mtn paid CSU about 150,000 for TV last year.. A new contract? They won't get ****..

its minor league football and quite honestly it wouldn't be hard for me to give up my interest in CU football and find something better to do in the fall. Taking this jackass Dan Hawkins as our coach for another year has already driven me to the cliff.. Getting shut out of the pac 10 and putting together a **** league with the CSU's and Wyoming's of the world would be the perfect incentive to jump off.

Last edited:
Back