1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question on tu's first TD

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Oct 6, 2008.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

OK, his pass was legal. I get that. I don't like the rule, but I get it. (Although, I argue that, then, why doesn't a ball carrier's entire body have to cross the goal line for a TD or the first down line for a first down?)

Here is my question since my WIFE EREASED THE GAME FROM MY TiVO! I cannot believe there was not a lineman down field on that play. So, if anyone TiVOed it, could you look and tell me? Thanks.

2. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

No matter how much I'd love to see that play called back, I recall him running past his linemen when he threw the ball. There was no reason for them to release down field. I don't have the game in front of me so I'm going off memory.

That play, the subsequent kick off return and the fumble on the first or second play from scrimmage made me want to start drinking heavily.

3. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Why does it matter now? That play was only a small part of the clubbing we received.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  4. DBT

IT MATTERS BECAUSE DBT SAYS IT MATTERS, ****ER! :lol:

5. DBT

Nah. I was just curious and wanted to go back and see the replay AND MY WIFE ERASED IT!

6. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

True, but all of the blown calls, missed FG's and other maddening plays do matter. I'm not saying we would have won, but a 14 - 9 halftime score could have changed the entire complexion of the game. All H20 under the bridge now though.

7. DBT

My ut grad boss was at the game. Loved the stadium yada yada. He said they should have been up by 40 at half time. I need to look for another job! :lol: