What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A quick look forward at Pac12 basketball in 2014-15 Personnel losses

If he is, I don't see how that opens anything up for a guy in 2015-16. That schollie is available whether Spencer return or not.

Anderson would come in and sit a year, thus taking up a scholarship in 2014.

Confirmed: Johnson and Gordon declared for the draft. With those two gone, UA is now just in the mix, not leader of the PAC.

Confirmed: Johnson and Gordon declared for the draft. With those two gone, UA is now just in the mix, not leader of the PAC.
Disagree with that. Arizona is still the leader. Thanks for the breaking news though! It's not like it was posted in the nba draft thread or anything.

False. Arizona is still a preseason top 5 team. Unless Dinwiddie comes back, no one else in the P12 will even sniff the top 20 in the preseason.

With those two leaving UofA and the freshman they have coming in, the cats go from an elite defense to an elite offense. There will be an adjustment period for them, but they are still the top team in the conference no doubt.

With those two leaving UofA and the freshman they have coming in, the cats go from an elite defense to an elite offense. There will be an adjustment period for them, but they are still the top team in the conference no doubt.

RHJ is an elite defender. They'll miss Gordon, but I honestly think that RHJ can handle NJ's defensive load. They're still going to be scary on D. McConnell & Zeus are both good enough to be mentioned for DPOY in the P12 too.

RHJ is an elite defender. They'll miss Gordon, but I honestly think that RHJ can handle NJ's defensive load. They're still going to be scary on D. McConnell & Zeus are both good enough to be mentioned for DPOY in the P12 too.

I believe Gordon and NJ made their defense elite with their freakish athleticism. RHJ is good but the same level as those two.

Without those two guys, I don't see them as good as last year, especially without Gordon. He was a monster on defense.

They could potentially be more potent on offense with Stanley Johnson and that JC All-American guy, but I doubt their defense will be close to this year's. Similar to Tad, Miller hasn't really had a great offense during his tenure in Tucson.

I believe Gordon and NJ made their defense elite with their freakish athleticism. RHJ is good but the same level as those two.

Without those two guys, I don't see them as good as last year, especially without Gordon. He was a monster on defense.

They could potentially be more potent on offense with Stanley Johnson and that JC All-American guy, but I doubt their defense will be close to this year's. Similar to Tad, Miller hasn't really had a great offense during his tenure in Tucson.
uhhh, have we already forgotten Tad's first year?

Arizona is loaded in 2014-15. Not as loaded as they could have been, but they're looking at the following returning:

C - Kaleb Tarczewski
F - Brandon Ashley
F - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
G - Gabe York
G - TJ McConnell

Plus a lot of their bench.

Then, they have the following coming in:

SF Stanley Johnson (5*)
PF Craig Victor (4*)
PG Parker Jackson-Cartwright (4*)
C Dusan Ristic (4*)
SG Kadeem Allen (4* JC transfer)

In short, Arizona will be Arizona. They're not going to fall back to the field in the Pac-12. If the Buffs want to win a regular season or conference tourney title, it goes through the Cats.

Privately, I've been hearing some SCARY things about Kadeem Allen. He may be a guy who lights up the Pac-12.

Disagree with that. Arizona is still the leader. Thanks for the breaking news though! It's not like it was posted in the nba draft thread or anything.

dont be a dick the title of this thread is specifically about personnel losses in our league, that was a perfectly appropriate post.

Let's take a look at UCLA with Jordan Adams coming back.

Notables returning:

C - Tony Parker
G - Jordan Adams
G - Norman Powell
G - Bryce Alford
G - Isaac Hamilton (5* who sat out this season due to transfer rules)

Incoming:

PF - Kevon Looney (5*)
C - Thomas Welsh (4*)
SF - Jonah Bolden (4*)
C - G.G. Goloman (3*)

Also, guys like Wannah Bail (3* athletic PF) and Noah Allen (3* SG) should earn increased minutes this year.

UCLA is not going away. They'll likely be more guard oriented until the incoming freshmen develop. But the talent is there, as always, to be a risk to be a Final Four team if things gel.

UCLA is not going away. They'll likely be more guard oriented until the incoming freshmen develop. But the talent is there, as always, to be a risk to be a Final Four team if things gel.

They really seemed to "gel" more last season than any other since the Buffs joined the PAC. Not sure how much of that was Alford and how much was Anderson getting everyone good shots and keeping them happy with touches. I could see them second to about sixth depending on the answer.

Wannah Bail, really? Great name.

Notables returning:

C - Tony Parker
G - Jordan Adams
G - Norman Powell
G - Bryce Alford

Incoming:

PF - Kevon Looney (5*)
C - Thomas Welsh (4*)
SF - Jonah Bolden (4*)
C - G.G. Goloman (3*)

Also, guys like Wannah Bail (3* athletic PF) and Noah Allen (3* SG) should earn increased minutes this year.

I don't see them nearly as good this year, especially offensively. Who is their PG? Adams, Powell and Hamilton are not pass oriented players. I would love it if Byrce Alford won the starting PG role because he is much easier to defend than those guys.

They lost the Wear twins, who absolutely shredded us every time, so I'm really looking forward to finally playing UCLA without those two and Anderson was a matchup nightmare as well.

Notables returning:

C - Tony Parker
G - Jordan Adams
G - Norman Powell
G - Bryce Alford

Incoming:

PF - Kevon Looney (5*)
C - Thomas Welsh (4*)
SF - Jonah Bolden (4*)
C - G.G. Goloman (3*)

UCLA minus Anderson.... Gives us a fighting chance to finally take one from these guys. Alford will suffer a bit not having the pressure focused on Anderson. Plus Bruins coming to Boulder for FB also next year. Praying for a first victory in one or the other and liking our chances best in Hoops.

Monkey on the back in need of removal!

Old news but didn't see these posted so either I'm blind or you guys are overly preoccupied disusing tini's gym habits, but Eric Moreland from Oregon State entered the draft (may not be drafted at all) and Hallice Cooke from OSU is transferring. They now lose all five starters from a team that wasn't very good even with them, they'll be historically bad next year...it obviously runs in the family. Their top returning player averaged 4PPG :lol:. They did add Nick Faust a solid transfer from Maryland but he'll have to sit out. Also Ben Carter from Oregon is transferring to UNLV, was sick of sitting behind transfers and then playing out of position (at center) when he did play.

Old news but didn't see these posted so either I'm blind or you guys are overly preoccupied disusing tini's gym habits, but Eric Moreland from Oregon State entered the draft (may not be drafted at all) and Hallice Cooke from OSU is transferring. They now lose all five starters from a team that wasn't very good even with them, they'll be historically bad next year...it obviously runs in the family. Their top returning player averaged 4PPG :lol:. They did add Nick Faust a solid transfer from Maryland but he'll have to sit out. Also Ben Carter from Oregon is transferring to UNLV, was sick of sitting behind transfers and then playing out of position (at center) when he did play.

Thanks. I think we touched on all those, but maybe not. I don't remember anyone posting about Cooke.

Back