1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A ranking of Pac-12 Stadiums

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RSSBot, Jun 13, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ted Miller

[​IMG]Every year during the preseason, we rank things -- best this, best that. It's highly subjective. And fans seem to like it. We know that because it makes so many of you apoplectic at our bias and stupidity.Athlon Sports has ranked the Pac-12 stadiums. Here's its completely defensible list. Auzten Stadium, Oregon Husky Stadium, Washington Rose Bowl, UCLA LA Coliseum, USC Folsom Field, Colorado Memorial Stadium, California Sun Devil Stadium, Arizona State Reser Stadium, Oregon State Stanford Stadium, Stanford Arizona Stadium, Arizona Rice-Eccles Stadium, Utah Martin Stadium, Washington StateThe thing about ranking stadiums is there's a lot that goes into it.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-12 Blog
    Click here to view the article.

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That they have the LA Coliseum ranked ahead of Folsom is all you need to know about this list.

3. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

this really is a bull**** list. the coliseum is a ****ing giant ****ing turd that ought to be condemned. it is disgusting, antiquated, unsafe, and filthy. it does have some worth when they have 90k+ fans in it, but the overall suckitude cannot be denied by any sane person. plus, it is in the middle of a ****ing warzone. they have to put multiple cops on every street corner on gamedays, just to avoid having gun battles and other debauchery distract from the "pageantry" of the event. and that ****ing song with about 6 ****ing notes that they play over and over and over again just adds to the overall craptastic experience. i presumed that they had hired kids with special needs for the band and they only knew one song until they told me they were actually usc students. of course, i suppose that doesn't rule them out from being special needs. i could on about the other ****ed choices on this list, but what's the point? the author was either drunk, stoned, or had someone with a glock to his head forcing him to write this drivel.

torerobuff likes this.
  4. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Slow news day...

5. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

These lists are just made for disagreements. Non-surprising CU fans are upset Folsom isn't ranked higher.

6. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Do you think there's a sufficient sample size to say "CU Fans are upset"? I guess two fans constitutes a plural, but mostly I think you could describe CU fans as apathetic to this list.

7. Liver

**** you. my opinion is worth like 1000x the average ****ing fan. therefore, we are upset. put that in your gnarled pipe and smoke it until you cough.

:rofl:

8. Uncle Ken

Whatever. I forgot to put quotes around "fans".

9. Liver

whatever? whatever?

like, fer sure. totally. dude.

10. Uncle Ken

I borrowed it from a ressurected thread on the topic of sign spinning.

11. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I caught the Gateway reference, but the rest of your post was too coherent.

12. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

2000 called and wants it's "whatever" back

whatevs.

13. Uncle Ken

Truthfully, you give me too much credit. I don't really feel that I've progressed past 94. In no way should this be considered an apology.

14. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

ok, 1994 called and is stoked to hear your voice, man.

15. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Orr, 1994 called and wants you to pretend you are Kurt Kobain.

Darian3Hagan likes this.
  16. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Somewhere a P needs to be plowed.

17. Uncle Ken

Amen.

18. Clean Undies

19. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

20. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

Wow..... I don't know what they are basing this on. I will say Autzen is a solid choice for #1. Loud, good atmosphere, good fans etc. But I went to the Rose bowl and the Colosseum and Ill tell you right now there is nothing special about them.... especially the colosseum. It was quiet boring, poor tailgating, no views, terrible traffic. It was basically a place to be seen in LA.... they didn't really care about the game. Rose bowl is slightly better but still I can only imagine this ranking is because of its history not its current state. And Husky stadium? Not even sure how they justify that. Oh well I think all real PAC12 and Cu fans know where Folsom should really be in this ranking.

21. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

I pretty much agree with the rankings right now minus the coliseum. It should be after memorial and also sun devil stadium and reser should probably flip flop. Only one I havent been to is Arizona. I guess I am not missing out on much.

22. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I went to the Colosseum about 7 years ago and didn't see anything special about it either. Rose Bowl - Meh. Can't speak to Husky stadium, but from what I've seen of it on TV, seems middle of the road.

23. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think that the Coliseum and Rose Bowl skate by on their name and historic cache. When Folsom is rocking it is basically a 3 way race between Autzen, Folsom and Husky Stadium.

24. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

I agree with this. The coliseum is a piece. I was at the Rose Bowl for the Texas vs. USC national championship and it was a pretty cool experience. Probably because it was full of Texas fans who actually care about Football.

25. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

26. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Husky stadium is pretty solid at number 2. It's one of the more unique venues in the country. The big knock against it has been that the track creates too much separation between the crowd and the game but it looks like they are taking that out in the renovation.

27. Clean Undies

Re: Athlon ranks the P-12 FB Stadiums

Folsom is pretty bleak when the Buffs are getting their asses handed to them. The negative energy caused by substandard football unfortunately matters.

The amenities at Folsom are pretty dated, too. The new video boards help. But basically the stadium experience hasn't changed much over twenty years except for the luxury boxes.

Twenty years ago going to Folsom was better. Beer. Cup fights at half time, A nationally ranked team.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  28. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Folsom needs a lot of help. You don't notice a lot of things when there's a game being played. Walk around the place when it's empty and you'll understand what I mean. Chunks of concrete missing, peeled paint, rusted metal, etc. there's a lot of deferred maintenance needed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

29. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Where else in the country will a teams fans rush the field regardless of opponent or record? Surely they didn't factor that into their rankings...or maybe they did.

30. Clean Undies

There is a certain quaintness to Folsom's last millennium charm.

The restrooms directly under the East bleachers and in Balch Fieldhouse deserve historical status.

Vomit and other bodily fluids have stained Folsom dating back to the Lyndon B Johnson administration.

Even the stains have stains. Some of those blights and antique fictures should be sealed in lacquer and adorned with a memorial placard for the sake of posterity.

"On this site on Sept 21, 1968, Colorado beat Oregon 28-7 and CU fan Stewart Whitehead projectile vomited on this toilet and the surrounding vicinities."